Core lvl 10 layout

Best strategies of building your network
Findlerman

Core lvl 10 layout

Post by Findlerman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi folks!

i need some help to improve my network. I work on lvl 11 core now...besides i do upgrade my gates as much as i can. My general strategy is to build up a farming setup until lvl 50. what do you guys recommend at my current stage architecture?
Thank you in advance!
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG (88.26 KiB) Viewed 4543 times

NekrosStratia

Re: Core lvl 10 layout

Post by NekrosStratia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:48 am

Biggest problem I see is that your still really easy to disable your high level sentry. It's still really close and only 2 gates away, so that is an easy target.

2nd problem is your 2nd scanner chokepoint, the black ice take so long to fire that really your just protecting it with sentry alone.

Then your giving them a blackice to attack your last code gate, meaning that gate might as well not even be there.

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:08 am

Very good thoughts....i'll try to rearange and post a new screenshot. Thanks NekrosStratia!! ;)

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:53 am

Two points:

Firstly, the scanner choke with 3 Black ices will not have much effect as they can be beamed/shurikened down before they start to do damage.

Secondly, Do not connect a black ice to the gate. 5 program slots is beam target.

I would advice you switch a turret on the first choke with a black ice at the gate. This way, you'll get burst damage at first choke and continuous damage at second choke. Also reduces number of slots before gate from 5 to 4

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 pm

alright. It took awhile.....what do you think of it?

Besides...Pixie, I've found your network in my search today...it's awesome. I took a few screenshots, hope you don't mind :roll:
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG (98.35 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Findlerman wrote:alright. It took awhile.....what do you think of it?

Besides...Pixie, I've found your network in my search today...it's awesome. I took a few screenshots, hope you don't mind :roll:

IMG_0194.JPG
It looks way better now. Effectively shuts down stealth. And with THAT sentry, the attacker better bring some shockers and protectors ;)

Thanks for the compliment :D
Cant really upgrade now thanks to new search system though. Wanted to get the 2nd gate to white as well :? Can you rate my base outta 10 btw. Would be nice to know. :mrgreen:

Oh and btw, could you pm me the screenshots? My lock button is dead. So I cant screenshot my net anymore :?

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Pixie wrote:
Findlerman wrote:alright. It took awhile.....what do you think of it?

IMG_0194.JPG
It looks way better now. Effectively shuts down stealth. And with THAT sentry, the attacker better bring some shockers and protectors ;)

Thanks for the compliment :D
Cant really upgrade now thanks to new search system though. Wanted to get the 2nd gate to white as well :? Can you rate my base outta 10 btw. Would be nice to know. :mrgreen:

Oh and btw, could you pm me the screenshots? My lock button is dead. So I cant screenshot my net anymore :?
Sorry Pixie, i can't find your screenshot anymore. However I'll take a new one if I find you. I'd say your network is a 8 out of 10.

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Isn't 3 leveled databases one too many? I mean there isn't anything that would require more $ than 2 databases can hold. I would build a 3rd library instead or a mine if you plan on having a farming setup.

Also, i'm not a fan of placing all 3 gates at front at levels 30-40 cause they can be easily wraithed and all their leveling up is for nothing then. But if you want it to stay like that, you should move the scanner to the second gate. Assuming it's a level 12 scanner, someone with lvl 6 access and 3 wraith can disable all your gates. If you move the scanner so that it covers the netCon as well, he wouldn't be able to do it.

Move you compiler to a gate or somewhere else so that it acts as a decoy to buy time or as another node with AV in the middle of your network.

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 am

brzytki wrote:Also, i'm not a fan of placing all 3 gates at front at levels 30-40 cause they can be easily wraithed and all their leveling up is for nothing then.
I keep seeing you say that, but what, then, would you do to keep people from Wraithing your first line of defense?
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:
brzytki wrote:Also, i'm not a fan of placing all 3 gates at front at levels 30-40 cause they can be easily wraithed and all their leveling up is for nothing then.
I keep seeing you say that, but what, then, would you do to keep people from Wraithing your first line of defense?
What i mean is keep 2 gates at the front and move the other one elsewhere. If you have a sufficiently high level scanner, linking your network like this: netCon-gate-gate-choke-something and linking said scanner to the second gate means you are protected unless someone has crazy high levels of stealth programs. Such a configuration would require 4x lvl 9 access and 3x lvl 6 wraith to barely manage to wraith that "something" after the choke point (4 seconds left on the visibility timer, not counting any delays). That's almost 2,3k Bt spent by the attacker on stealth alone, not even counting compiling time. And it's only with lvl 12 scanner, not that high for a lvl 44 player. If he had lvl 13 scanner, the attacker would need to have lvl 11 access and lvl 7 wraith. I'm level 43 and in a day or two will be upgrading mine to lvl 14 and i've seen people with higher leveled ones. What's more, i've only seen one person who had lvl 10 access a few levels back and the second person after him had lvl 6 access/4 wraith, still with access alone you wouldn't be able to get through it.

Plus with how the search system is working now, you get a lot fewer people lower level than you, meaning the OP won't be attacked that much by players higher level than him, so the threat of people having high level stealth programs is yet even smaller.

If portal is your concern, that's not a problem too. Max what people would manage would be portal on 2nd gate. You can move the core to the second gate to add some delay for the attacker or even inside the network. Also, not many people compile portal around lvl 40 and even fewer upgrade it. It's still better imo than to have all 3 gates wraithed which doesn't require high levels of stealth - you can manage this with as low as lvl 4 access and lvl 2 wraith with the setup OP has.