What do you think of my base?

Best strategies of building your network
Echo1Echo2

What do you think of my base?

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:24 am

Notes:
- Core lvl 9
- Planning on upgrading my new code gate and turret soon
- Going to make my choke point scanner go back to lvl 1 for the lower firewall after I level up my other scanner 1 more time (input would be appreciated)

IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg (69.16 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated :D

Findlerman

Re: What do you think of my base?

Postby Findlerman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:40 am

I think you've got a pretty good layout. But think about attaching you last code gate to a slot with lesser program slots than a guardian has. A guardian attached to a gate makes it easy to break through.
You need to build at least one more sentry an level both of them as much as you can. Sentrys are your best defense you can get at this stage. That means not a lot of sentry but high level sentrys.

Yopee

Postby Yopee » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Findlerman wrote:You need to build at least one more sentry an level both of them as much as you can.

I completely disagree with this. I highly advise you not to build more than one sentry for a small base with so many connected security nodes.

The main weakness for your base is you have only one chokepoint. The one lonely chokepoint isn't a very good one either because it's a mid level scanner rather than a level 1 scanner.
Probably nothing much you can do about that right now until next core upgrade.
Your turret in the back next to the server farm is kinda useless so you could sell that to get another chokepoint maybe.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:13 am

Yopee wrote:
Findlerman wrote:You need to build at least one more sentry an level both of them as much as you can.

I completely disagree with this. I highly advise you not to build more than one sentry for a small base with so many connected security nodes.

The main weakness for your base is you have only one chokepoint. The one lonely chokepoint isn't a very good one either because it's a mid level scanner rather than a level 1 scanner.
Probably nothing much you can do about that right now until next core upgrade.
Your turret in the back next to the server farm is kinda useless so you could sell that to get another chokepoint maybe.

I agree, with all the security node in one place and the sentry spreading av to nearby security node in 0.5 sec it is not useful to have a second sentry.

Also Yopee has a lot of expertise advice and experience.
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Mon May 01, 2017 4:24 am

there is a more advanced choke point with a lv 1 guardian hooked up to 4 resource nodes with a decent level antivirus installed (lv 16 will instantly do it) which would be a very big pain to attackers

Return to “NETWORK ARCHITECTURE”