Core 12 Finally

Best strategies of building your network
e1a00000

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by e1a00000 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:45 am

NekrosStratia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:
NekrosStratia wrote:
Yes, the first 2 codegates will not be upgraded (though they are already 6/2), but yes, they are mearly there to handle stealth (for now, obviously I will raise them once I am done with lots of other things).

My current goal is to max out my beams (which requires a few different things being leveled sadly), as well as slowly be working on my guardians. Once my guardians are all 6/6/6 I'm going to head back and work on sentry/scanner for a bit, before heading back to guardian town.
Swap out the two low cg. That will work better in your favor.
Scanner is more important though as they should not be using more than 2 wraiths. That hurts your stall more.
Av is always good to have, but if you are not building around it, it might not do that much of a difference tbh.
Not sure what you mean by swap out the two low cg?

And my main goal is to make it so that they can only ever have 2 slots attacking the core, so that's my main insight as to why I want a pretty high av (not to mention it helps if they try to shruiken the defenses protecting the core scanner.

It's all in due time, I'll keep everyone updated as more and more hacks start failing / or succeeding on how well my plan is going. (I'd love to just drop $100 and speed all this up, but that ruins a game imo)
That means to make your lowest cg to be the second (last) one to get wraithed. The attacker is then have a weaker foothold to attack the next cg from.

NekrosStratia

Post by NekrosStratia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm

e1a00000 wrote:
NekrosStratia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote: Swap out the two low cg. That will work better in your favor.
Scanner is more important though as they should not be using more than 2 wraiths. That hurts your stall more.
Av is always good to have, but if you are not building around it, it might not do that much of a difference tbh.

And my main goal is to make it so that they can only ever have 2 slots attacking the core, so that's my main insight as to why I want a pretty high av (not to mention it helps if they try to shruiken the defenses protecting the core scanner.

It's all in due time, I'll keep everyone updated as more and more hacks start failing / or succeeding on how well my plan is going. (I'd love to just drop $100 and speed all this up, but that ruins a game imo)
That means to make your lowest cg to be the second (last) one to get wraithed. The attacker is then have a weaker foothold to attack the next cg from.

AHHHH very good point, and will do.

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:34 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:
NekrosStratia wrote:

AHHHH very good point, and will do.
Ideally you want it to be nipple - gold - nipple -gold -black, with the scanner next to the middle nipple cg, and the turret next to gold imo.
Adds some pressure to the attacker. Although the down side is the turret won't get AV.

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm

Hey Nekros...how is it going with your plan? I'm excited to know if it works. I've similar plans myself but with an all farming setup. Would you mind posting an actual screenshot of your network?

NekrosStratia

Post by NekrosStratia » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Findlerman wrote:Hey Nekros...how is it going with your plan? I'm excited to know if it works. I've similar plans myself but with an all farming setup. Would you mind posting an actual screenshot of your network?
Well... since the new search algorythm I've yet to be hacked successfully. As you can see I've made some slight adjustments to the overall network, but the main defense is still the same.

My guardians are still only 10-10-(almost 11). And it basically prevents beam attacks for the most part. The closest people have gotten is when they have 17+ beams and they chain shocker so they can use 3 at a time.

I definitely still think it's a pretty good strat, it's "different" and it definitely protects me against everyone around my same level, though it most certaintly would not protect me from someone 10ish levels ahead that just happened to level blasters lol.

Time will tell... the new search alg is not favoring anyone I don't think, and really it all comes down to how much bitcoin you wanna have laying around at the moment if you even have a chance of being hacked. Higher levels need targets with 15k minimum basicallly, which means if you kept yourself below 40k in your stash you'd never be hacked anyway.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Lmao didn't know you were ghostly.

Greetings from that one weirdo who leveled up blaster and shuriken :D

NekrosStratia

Post by NekrosStratia » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Yopee wrote:Lmao didn't know you were ghostly.

Ahhhh you were the one that had like the lvl 15-16 blasters right? I mean I was upgrading at the time, but even so that level of blaster would mathematically blow through me anyway.

I think you had even left something about joining discord (which I've yet to do sadly).

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:
Findlerman wrote:Hey Nekros...how is it going with your plan? I'm excited to know if it works. I've similar plans myself but with an all farming setup. Would you mind posting an actual screenshot of your network?
Well... since the new search algorythm I've yet to be hacked successfully. As you can see I've made some slight adjustments to the overall network, but the main defense is still the same.

My guardians are still only 10-10-(almost 11). And it basically prevents beam attacks for the most part. The closest people have gotten is when they have 17+ beams and they chain shocker so they can use 3 at a time.

I definitely still think it's a pretty good strat, it's "different" and it definitely protects me against everyone around my same level, though it most certaintly would not protect me from someone 10ish levels ahead that just happened to level blasters lol.

Time will tell... the new search alg is not favoring anyone I don't think, and really it all comes down to how much bitcoin you wanna have laying around at the moment if you even have a chance of being hacked. Higher levels need targets with 15k minimum basicallly, which means if you kept yourself below 40k in your stash you'd never be hacked anyway.

I'm at level 44 but core 10 and a lot more leveld defense nodes but overall my defense can't compete with yours. That's strange isn't it? Will you stick to your raid-strategy due to the new search algorithm? I think I won't...it seems that the effectiveness of farming compared to raiding with all the bc costs and probably credit costs for instant compiling is just better. It's like: alright, I just buy a 7 day 9SEC protection instead of spending credits on instant compiling and save all the bc and my own time as well.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:45 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:
Yopee wrote:Lmao didn't know you were ghostly.

Ahhhh you were the one that had like the lvl 15-16 blasters right? I mean I was upgrading at the time, but even so that level of blaster would mathematically blow through me anyway.

I think you had even left something about joining discord (which I've yet to do sadly).
That's me! Blaster16 right now.

If you ever wanna join, discord.me/hackersmobile

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 pm

I saw your base once, quite rich with bits but I accidently skipped it. Anyway, your end defense strategy is pretty good, but has anybody tried to kraken you yet? I feel that kraken with right amt of shockers and protectors is the answer to the core-guardian choke.