Core 12 Finally

Best strategies of building your network
NekrosStratia
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Core 12 Finally

Post by NekrosStratia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Image

Rushed as fast as I could into core 12...this is my final layout.

Now I just gotta get some of the more core defenses upgraded and I think I'll be at the point where no one will want to waste the resources to hack me.

If you can find the sneaky "choke point" and understand how and why it's going to work extremely well, kudos to you. The only way to really get past it will be using something that well.... most people don't use.

User avatar
Hell_Diguner
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:Rushed as fast as I could into core 12...
So what level are you, then? One glace at your network tells me I'll hit Core 12 at a much lower level than you did, but I want to know by how much.
NekrosStratia wrote:If you can find the sneaky "choke point"...
If you mean the 5 sequential code gates: wraith them. Without a second high level scanner, I wonder if it's possible to wraith all the way to your high level sentry :mrgreen: Or at the very least, wraith the scanner connected to your core to prevent AV from reaching your resource vault.

If you mean the triple-guardian, core, and lvl 1 scanner... meh. It's unusual, certainly, but not particularly strong. First scanner: ice wall, protector, shuriken, then second shuriken when IW breaks. Or just ice walls if they're of high enough level. Then ice wall + protector on the library and second scanner, and keep an eye on them to ensure their protectors don't go down. Then replace the shurikens and protector on the first scanner with three blasters. Or blasters+ram might be worthwhile. I don't know - haven't had the opportunity to try ram on triple guardian shields. Once you capture the core, beams are adequate.

Anyway... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find yourself continuing to iterate upon the design of your network.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

NekrosStratia
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by NekrosStratia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:
NekrosStratia wrote:Rushed as fast as I could into core 12...
So what level are you, then? One glace at your network tells me I'll hit Core 12 at a much lower level than you did, but I want to know by how much.
NekrosStratia wrote:If you can find the sneaky "choke point"...
If you mean the 5 sequential code gates: wraith them. Without a second high level scanner, I wonder if it's possible to wraith all the way to your high level sentry :mrgreen: Or at the very least, wraith the scanner connected to your core to prevent AV from reaching your resource vault.

If you mean the triple-guardian, core, and lvl 1 scanner... meh. It's unusual, certainly, but not particularly strong. First scanner: ice wall, protector, shuriken, then second shuriken when IW breaks. Or just ice walls if they're of high enough level. Then ice wall + protector on the library and second scanner, and keep an eye on them to ensure their protectors don't go down. Then replace the shurikens and protector on the first scanner with three blasters. Or blasters+ram might be worthwhile. I don't know - haven't had the opportunity to try ram on triple guardian shields. Once you capture the core, beams are adequate.

Anyway... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find yourself continuing to iterate upon the design of your network.
I'm lvl 39

My only goal with the scanner (which will be slowly upgraded as needed) is to prevent more than 4 wraiths. 90% of players couldn't even drop 4 wraiths on this.

You did however notice the trick, in that you are forced to attack the core using the lvl 1 scanner which is being bombarded by 3 directions. It would be near impossible to ever take down the core using just 2 beams with 3 guardians keeping it up. You will be forced to at the very least use 2 decently high blasters if you wanted to skip using shruikens to disable some of the incoming damage on the sentry.

My guardians will actually be one of the main things I raise, along with my sentry. I want to be able to prevent atleast 100 dps going towards the core. This should hopefully cause over a minute of damage being spent just on the core alone.

It will definitely be something I'll have to test out and see in action though, I personally can't wait!

Yopee
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by Yopee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:33 pm

I got the highest level blasters in the game (I think) so level up a bit and hopefully I can test it out.

But seriously, level up the scanner. No attacker should really ever be able to bust out more than 2 wraiths on you.

NekrosStratia
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by NekrosStratia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:34 am

Yopee wrote:I got the highest level blasters in the game (I think) so level up a bit and hopefully I can test it out.

But seriously, level up the scanner. No attacker should really ever be able to bust out more than 2 wraiths on you.
Oh it's most DEFINITELY going to get leveled up as one of the core defenses, especially considering my whole "design" is to waste time, and not really cause "havoc" and "confusion" like most choke points.

Right Now I'm just basically mixing my threads between guardians/sentry/scanner for a bit... than I'll jump back to code gates after sentry/scanner are a bit higher :)

How high are your blasters? I mean, CURRENTLY without my guardians being upgraded, it wouldn't last long at all against even lvl 6-7ish blasters.

But, my short term outlook was me having lvl 10 guardians (which isn't high, long term is to max them obviously), but that prevents 187 dps. Which means the "enemy" would have to have ATLEAST 2 level 17 beam cannons attacking (and that would take a long time to bring down the core).

Against Max level beam cannons (2 of them) doing ~350 dps, It would still take roughly 30 seconds to actually take down the core.(with lvl 10 guardians protecting it).

Blasters should be able to go through this method relatively easy honestly, though the question will be... once my guardians are high enough... will everyone else have high enough blasters... and be willing to spend all this time.

NekrosStratia
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by NekrosStratia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 am

I did wannna math it out though, and max level guardians should be able to prevent 775 dps. (1250 shield X 3 / 5) + the base regen is about 25 dps or so. Which means against max level guardians, vs max level blasters (lets assume you used 3 of them after using a shocker) You'd pretty much have to have like lvl 16-17 blasters to get through against max level guardians.

So really...it might very well come down to the point where the only viable way in will be with maniacs. Though... it's going to take another 3 months before I see THAT level of high level guardians lol.

Yopee
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by Yopee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 am

I'm upgrading blaster to 12 right now.
A rough guide to measure blaster damage is at blaster 13, each shot is almost the same as a lvl 1 maniac.

The thing is, everyone tries to measure blaster damage as if it's a constant steady dps like beam. It's the complete opposite. It is burst damage measured by shots.

What I'm curious about is if I use 3x blasters, should I do the stagger install strategy for all 3 to basically raise my blaster fire rate so rather than 1 shot per 3.5 seconds, it would be like 1 shot per 1.2ish seconds?

Or should I instead do the usual stagger install where I install the first blaster then wait 1.5-2.0 seconds to install the second blaster. And install the third blaster together at the same time as either the first or second. This would give me an alternating damage of 1 maniac and 2 maniacs every 2.8ish seconds.

Not sure which way would be better for guardian shields because I haven't managed to find anyone at my level that I can hack with decently leveled guardians.

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by e1a00000 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:19 am

NekrosStratia wrote:
Hell_Diguner wrote:
NekrosStratia wrote:Rushed as fast as I could into core 12...
So what level are you, then? One glace at your network tells me I'll hit Core 12 at a much lower level than you did, but I want to know by how much.
NekrosStratia wrote:If you can find the sneaky "choke point"...
If you mean the 5 sequential code gates: wraith them. Without a second high level scanner, I wonder if it's possible to wraith all the way to your high level sentry :mrgreen: Or at the very least, wraith the scanner connected to your core to prevent AV from reaching your resource vault.

If you mean the triple-guardian, core, and lvl 1 scanner... meh. It's unusual, certainly, but not particularly strong. First scanner: ice wall, protector, shuriken, then second shuriken when IW breaks. Or just ice walls if they're of high enough level. Then ice wall + protector on the library and second scanner, and keep an eye on them to ensure their protectors don't go down. Then replace the shurikens and protector on the first scanner with three blasters. Or blasters+ram might be worthwhile. I don't know - haven't had the opportunity to try ram on triple guardian shields. Once you capture the core, beams are adequate.

Anyway... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find yourself continuing to iterate upon the design of your network.
I'm lvl 39

My only goal with the scanner (which will be slowly upgraded as needed) is to prevent more than 4 wraiths. 90% of players couldn't even drop 4 wraiths on this.

You did however notice the trick, in that you are forced to attack the core using the lvl 1 scanner which is being bombarded by 3 directions. It would be near impossible to ever take down the core using just 2 beams with 3 guardians keeping it up. You will be forced to at the very least use 2 decently high blasters if you wanted to skip using shruikens to disable some of the incoming damage on the sentry.

My guardians will actually be one of the main things I raise, along with my sentry. I want to be able to prevent atleast 100 dps going towards the core. This should hopefully cause over a minute of damage being spent just on the core alone.

It will definitely be something I'll have to test out and see in action though, I personally can't wait!
Ram works against shield, so protector + ram + blaster might work

idanmo
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by idanmo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:28 am

Great think at design, I like the idea of wasting time more than anything else.
I'll glad to hear more how you leveled up your core so fast (as I'm lvl 37, core lvl 9)?

Sutopia
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: Core 12 Finally

Post by Sutopia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 am

idanmo wrote:Great think at design, I like the idea of wasting time more than anything else.
I'll glad to hear more how you leveled up your core so fast (as I'm lvl 37, core lvl 9)?
Spend less on any other thing, anything not boosting your core level.

Post Reply