Could u help me integrate this network

Best strategies of building your network
Amrhakky

Could u help me integrate this network

Post by Amrhakky » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Azelthedragon

Re: Could u help me integrate this network

Post by Azelthedragon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 pm

Move one of your sentries to back up the turrets. It'll spread your anti-virus quicker. Level up your scanner to 8, otherwise you'll get portalled/wraithed. Think about moving your codegates together. It actually makes them a lot more effecive if they're just in a line.

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:34 am

The core is also a waste.
Taking advantage of attack priority and the high firewall, it can be used to mislead intruder's beam, buying you some time.

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:03 am

Azelthedragon wrote:Move one of your sentries to back up the turrets. It'll spread your anti-virus quicker. Level up your scanner to 8, otherwise you'll get portalled/wraithed. Think about moving your codegates together. It actually makes them a lot more effecive if they're just in a line.
Agreed with the first part. Sentries reall just have one job. Spread antivirus to other nodes. It does not have a special attack like the turret and black ice therefore it should not be used as a choke defence.

Also agreed with the scanner. If you have two code gates, minimum level for scanner should be level 8. You can get that with core 7. That should be enough to stop most stealth attacks forcing them to either fail, or use hybrid attacks.

And yes. Code gates are much more effective if they are close up. Stops stealth attacks closer so that they can't do much past the code gates.
Sutopia wrote:The core is also a waste.
Taking advantage of attack priority and the high firewall, it can be used to mislead intruder's beam, buying you some time.
The core is such a great baiting node. Sutopia explained most of it.

With your current base, an easy place to put it is next to the evolver. That way when the attacker gets to the evolver, it will start attacking two really tanky nodes. Beams will first target the tanky core before moving onto the really tanky code gate. This way it will stall a lot of time
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)