Network Setup Help/Improvements

Best strategies of building your network
Slombeeper

Network Setup Help/Improvements

Post by Slombeeper » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 pm

So I wanted to get some feedback from the community! Is there something I could improve on my Network setup? (I am going to upgrade my sentry)

It has worked quite well for me. No one is able to stealth hack or get my resources the "brute attack" way. The black ICE between the code gates is actually a trap. If they use kraken, the black ICE will recapture the program library before itself gets hacked. I have had multiple times where people lose their only battering RAM this way. :D
Last edited by Slombeeper on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CTRL+ALT+DELETE = (C+A+D-101) = 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111

:D

e1a00000

Re: Network Setup Help/Improvements

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:21 am

Level 19 here. I would take on that base. And would 100% it. And I'm not a kraken user.
The only decent choke point you have is the scanner. The sole black ice is a waste, I can beam rush it. Or just pop a shield to be safe.
Your core badly placed. Same for your scanner. It have lower coverage, and if you put it in a line, you would have a good chokepoint too. Try linking your core next to your gate (like how you are placing your scanner). The cons is that you won't have antivirus on it which can be fairly effective, but you massively delays an attack.
Your guardian don't have enough defensive node next to it. Not much of a threat.

3ly

Post by 3ly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 am

AV takes WAYYYY too long to spread. Use security nodes to spread it.
Stop using Sentry in choke point for heaven's sake. Like what is the point I could just use an Evolver with AV in place of it.
Kraken 'trap' is absolutely pointless.
Only 1 decent choke point with Turrets.
Black ICEs not placed strategically.
Awkward Sentries.

Your network needs major changes. Drastic, major changes.
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

Slombeeper

Post by Slombeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 am

e1a00000 wrote:Level 19 here. I would take on that base. And would 100% it. And I'm not a kraken user.
The only decent choke point you have is the scanner. The sole black ice is a waste, I can beam rush it. Or just pop a shield to be safe.
Your core badly placed. Same for your scanner. It have lower coverage, and if you put it in a line, you would have a good chokepoint too. Try linking your core next to your gate (like how you are placing your scanner). The cons is that you won't have antivirus on it which can be fairly effective, but you massively delays an attack.
Your guardian don't have enough defensive node next to it. Not much of a threat.
Thanks for the tips! I'm not that good at building networks... Anyway, I did some adjustments and is this what you mean by another scanner choke point? And where is a good place for my sentry?
Last edited by Slombeeper on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 am

Slombeeper wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:Level 19 here. I would take on that base. And would 100% it. And I'm not a kraken user.
Thanks for the tips! I'm not that good at building networks... Anyway, I did some adjustments and is this what you mean by another scanner choke point? And where is a good place for my sentry?
Still not very decent. Your sentry should be next to secured nodes as it would spread much faster. By the current layout, anti virus is likely to reach the turrets before the attacker (which is good) but nowhere further. Switch out the lib and the evolver, and use the evolver as a semi weaker choke. Linking two scanner back to back is also a waste, and you lose a step of your max 9 steps for a weak defense. Your scanner choke looks right, but needs improvement. Look up on attack priority, because the attacker may be able to ignore 2/3 of your turrets. Your net is also fairly linear (no cluster). While it is not a bad design, it gives the attacker a fairly small amount of micro management to do, which makes it very easy to deal with. Look up some suggestions for your core levels, see their explaination.
Until then tho, hope that I don't find you ing =)

Slombeeper

Post by Slombeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:41 am

e1a00000 wrote:
Slombeeper wrote:
Still not very decent. Your sentry should be next to secured nodes as it would spread much faster. By the current layout, anti virus is likely to reach the turrets before the attacker (which is good) but nowhere further. Switch out the lib and the evolver, and use the evolver as a semi weaker choke. Linking two scanner back to back is also a waste, and you lose a step of your max 9 steps for a weak defense. Your scanner choke looks right, but needs improvement. Look up on attack priority, because the attacker may be able to ignore 2/3 of your turrets. Your net is also fairly linear (no cluster). While it is not a bad design, it gives the attacker a fairly small amount of micro management to do, which makes it very easy to deal with. Look up some suggestions for your core levels, see their explaination.
Until then tho, hope that I don't find you ing =)
Thanks, I already knew about attack priorities so the attacker will hack the final turret last. :)

tetroboylp

Post by tetroboylp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:41 am

Slombeeper wrote:
That library, bMine and farm attached to scanner looks useless. Would put it somewhere else, so with AV it will be annoying for intruder.
Put first sentry somewhere between code gates and first choke point (Id put it on second code gate and upgraded scanner). Second one between resources and second choke point, or on choke point like you did, until he gets there it will spread on all resources nodes I guess.
I cant see more misconfigurations here, looks pretty good.
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

tetroboylp

Post by tetroboylp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:43 am

tetroboylp wrote:
Slombeeper wrote:
That library, bMine and farm attached to scanner looks useless. Would put it somewhere else, so with AV it will be annoying for intruder.-I use to put nodes like that on choke points, or nodes that will slow him, so he has to put shield there to avoid overtaking the node
Put first sentry somewhere between code gates and first choke point (Id put it on second code gate and upgraded scanner). Second one between resources and second choke point, or on choke point like you did, until he gets there it will spread on all resources nodes I guess.
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

Slombeeper

Post by Slombeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:44 am

tetroboylp wrote:
Slombeeper wrote:
That library, bMine and farm attached to scanner looks useless. Would put it somewhere else, so with AV it will be annoying for intruder.
Thanks for the tips :D