Level 7 Core, what needs to be improved?

Best strategies of building your network
tetroboylp

Level 7 Core, what needs to be improved?

Post by tetroboylp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:27 pm

I tried to do it best as I could, scanner covers everything needed, used guardian as a choke point, 2 code gates further from net conns to make it more difficult to break them in stealth as well, and also put some security to resources to avoid easy hacking with portal. Tried to put sentries well, and miner, evolver and farms to harden breaking trough the network. But still it is easy for me to get hacked with that. What would you improve?

Thank you
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

3ly

Re: Level 7 Core, what needs to be improved?

Post by 3ly » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:10 pm

tetroboylp wrote:What would you improve?
Code Gates were MEANT to be used to stop stealth. Placing your defenses at the front is just attracting Wraiths to visit you. Or worse, they can just portal onto your scanner, skipping your choke point. Switch your CGs with your Guardian choke point. This will still allow Scanner to cover both your CGs and defenses.

What's with that random Evolver placement? You can replace the Turret with the Evolver and put the Turret at where the Sentry is. Push your Sentry back 1 node and connect it to your Turret and Black ICE.

I hope this helps. Post back and tell me if your defense works better. Thanks!

Edit: When you switch Guardian choke point with CGs, connect your Core to the 3rd connection point of the 1st CG as a distraction. So you now have your Mixer and Databases 8 nodes away from the netc. You've got that extra 1 node distance to play around with.
Last edited by 3ly on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

tetroboylp

Post by tetroboylp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Guess this might be much better. You were right, I didnt think about whats wrong with placing of that choke point, but since I have been writing this I was attacked, and thats what made me vulnerable as hell.
Any more thoughts?

PS : Disconnected mine from sentry at choke point, it was useless and might have caused danger to take the def down from 2 places
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:31 am

Switch your CG lib with core

LightofHeaveN

Post by LightofHeaveN » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:03 pm

tetroboylp wrote:Image

Guess this might be much better. You were right, I didnt think about whats wrong with placing of that choke point, but since I have been writing this I was attacked, and thats what made me vulnerable as hell.
Any more thoughts?

PS : Disconnected mine from sentry at choke point, it was useless and might have caused danger to take the def down from 2 places
core has 2nd priority after defense nodes
(http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Ha ... Priorities)
use it as a distraction cauz it has high firewall and will take time to be taken down, allowing some time for ur AV to maybe retake the CG back

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:06 pm

LightofHeaveN wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:Image

Any more thoughts?

core has 2nd priority after defense nodes
(http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Ha ... Priorities)
use it as a distraction cauz it has high firewall and will take time to be taken down, allowing some time for ur AV to maybe retake the CG back
Nope. Swap the two. Your core is vulnerable to up to a 3 way attack as well as I can deploy a ram when beam wither your core hp down. Same reason to not chain two cgs when you have a core distraction: I'll 2 blast 1 ram till the code strength is gone and swap out for 3, just makes the thing less efficient. You are better off moving it elsewhere, perhaps after a chokepoint. But this is from brute prespective though. Stealth wise, they would be able to wraith 2 portals immediately, but I doubt anything beyond that.