Lvl 7 setup

Best strategies of building your network
Notu
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Lvl 7 setup

Post by Notu » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Trying this out to see how it works. Krakens are useless against it. The idea is to hopefully make them decide which side to work on. Would be a bit of a challenge for someone to work both sides at once. B-coins and $ are split between each side with the thought that even if they get to one side, I might still have the other one left. Also have one security clustered, and the other not. Yes, I know I need to level up my security. Just don't have the real life $$ to spend on that currently, so it's going slowly. Just saw I need to connect my Guardian to my scanner.
Image

Yopee
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by Yopee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:44 pm

You probably already notice this but your network layout forces you to pump money into 2 sentries, scanners, and code gates which is really expensive and tanks your level really high so be careful of that.

You're better off forcing attackers to go through both code gates and then splitting the path so you can at least save money on one scanner and use it as a chokepoint. Probably can save on sentry too.

User avatar
tetroboylp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by tetroboylp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:31 am

Notu wrote:Trying this out to see how it works. Krakens are useless against it. The idea is to hopefully make them decide which side to work on. Would be a bit of a challenge for someone to work both sides at once. B-coins and $ are split between each side with the thought that even if they get to one side, I might still have the other one left. Also have one security clustered, and the other not. Yes, I know I need to level up my security. Just don't have the real life $$ to spend on that currently, so it's going slowly. Just saw I need to connect my Guardian to my scanner.
Image
Make the intruder go trough both code gates to make it useful, you wont probablly need 2 highly upgraded scanners.
Both defences are weak and easy to beat.
I dont think so thats very good idea to put network like that. Make everything (such as code gates) useful to the maximum
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by legal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:51 pm

tetroboylp wrote:
Notu wrote:Trying this out to see how it works. Krakens are useless against it. The idea is to hopefully make them decide which side to work on. Would be a bit of a challenge for someone to work both sides at once. B-coins and $ are split between each side with the thought that even if they get to one side, I might still have the other one left. Also have one security clustered, and the other not. Yes, I know I need to level up my security. Just don't have the real life $$ to spend on that currently, so it's going slowly. Just saw I need to connect my Guardian to my scanner.
Image
Make the intruder go trough both code gates to make it useful, you wont probablly need 2 highly upgraded scanners.
Both defences are weak and easy to beat.
I dont think so thats very good idea to put network like that. Make everything (such as code gates) useful to the maximum
actually 2 high level scanners is usefull so you always have 1 up at all times. I actually I am working on 3
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

brzytki
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by brzytki » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Splitting attacker's attention might be a good idea but not at that level. People around level 26 might have portal already (i had it, i saw recently some others at lvl 24) and they'll just use portal on the sentry in the cluster (they won't even need to wraith your gate unless you have level 8-9 scanner but then again they'll just use portal on your other branch if/when you do), drop shurikens, maybe ice wall and move to your other branch. And they'll have almost the whole 3 minutes to crush it.

User avatar
tetroboylp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by tetroboylp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:07 pm

legal wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:
Notu wrote:Trying this out to see how it works. Krakens are useless against it. The idea is to hopefully make them decide which side to work on. Would be a bit of a challenge for someone to work both sides at once. B-coins and $ are split between each side with the thought that even if they get to one side, I might still have the other one left. Also have one security clustered, and the other not. Yes, I know I need to level up my security. Just don't have the real life $$ to spend on that currently, so it's going slowly. Just saw I need to connect my Guardian to my scanner.
Image
Make the intruder go trough both code gates to make it useful, you wont probablly need 2 highly upgraded scanners.
Both defences are weak and easy to beat.
I dont think so thats very good idea to put network like that. Make everything (such as code gates) useful to the maximum
actually 2 high level scanners is usefull so you always have 1 up at all times. I actually I am working on 3
Not bad, but for lvl 46.
But if one highly upgraded scanner covers choke points and code gates, i do not think there is another upgraded scanner needed.
- At lvl 46 I guess you have bigger network, so there are 2 scanners more useful than for lvl25
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by legal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 pm

tetroboylp wrote:
legal wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:
Make the intruder go trough both code gates to make it useful, you wont probablly need 2 highly upgraded scanners.
Both defences are weak and easy to beat.
I dont think so thats very good idea to put network like that. Make everything (such as code gates) useful to the maximum
actually 2 high level scanners is usefull so you always have 1 up at all times. I actually I am working on 3
Not bad, but for lvl 46.
But if one highly upgraded scanner covers choke points and code gates, i do not think there is another upgraded scanner needed.
- At lvl 46 I guess you have bigger network, so there are 2 scanners more useful than for lvl25
I take it you have a problem with a high level telling you how to play. Yes 2 is useful I do not like repeating myself, While you are leveling one the other protects you from stealth attacks. They still have to get it high to cover the choke point, which means a ton of down time. from 7 and beyond you are talking a day of it being down for each upgrade. So yeah I think they should have 2 high level scanners. And when they get it up there in levels then they have a back up against high level access programs. This is not rocket science, and giving bad advice to new players is not cool.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

User avatar
tetroboylp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by tetroboylp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:27 pm

legal wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:
legal wrote: actually 2 high level scanners is usefull so you always have 1 up at all times. I actually I am working on 3
Not bad, but for lvl 46.
But if one highly upgraded scanner covers choke points and code gates, i do not think there is another upgraded scanner needed.
- At lvl 46 I guess you have bigger network, so there are 2 scanners more useful than for lvl25
I take it you have a problem with a high level telling you how to play. Yes 2 is useful I do not like repeating myself, While you are leveling one the other protects you from stealth attacks. They still have to get it high to cover the choke point, which means a ton of down time. from 7 and beyond you are talking a day of it being down for each upgrade. So yeah I think they should have 2 high level scanners. And when they get it up there in levels then they have a back up against high level access programs. This is not rocket science, and giving bad advice to new players is not cool.
I cant tell that your advice is bad, Im sure you are mor expirienced than me, no doubts.
Just there is big difference between lvl 24 and 46 tho, keep that in mind
And lastly, Im giving advice from my expirience, not to make my enemies play bad lol
Level 30
Rep 700-800
Core upgrading to 8
In-Game name - tedrokot
Topology - sh**ty :?

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by legal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:11 pm

tetroboylp wrote:
legal wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:
Not bad, but for lvl 46.
But if one highly upgraded scanner covers choke points and code gates, i do not think there is another upgraded scanner needed.
- At lvl 46 I guess you have bigger network, so there are 2 scanners more useful than for lvl25
I take it you have a problem with a high level telling you how to play. Yes 2 is useful I do not like repeating myself, While you are leveling one the other protects you from stealth attacks. They still have to get it high to cover the choke point, which means a ton of down time. from 7 and beyond you are talking a day of it being down for each upgrade. So yeah I think they should have 2 high level scanners. And when they get it up there in levels then they have a back up against high level access programs. This is not rocket science, and giving bad advice to new players is not cool.
I cant tell that your advice is bad, Im sure you are mor expirienced than me, no doubts.
Just there is big difference between lvl 24 and 46 tho, keep that in mind
And lastly, Im giving advice from my expirience, not to make my enemies play bad lol
I've been 25 been there done that and I know what is to come for levels 25-46. So yeah there is a big difference I have been there and learned what not to do and what to do. I also know that unless you want to go weeks with out a scanner you will level 2 of them. That is the simple fact. As scanners take forever to level and upgrading it means you have no scanner. It is common sense to have 2.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Lvl 7 setup

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:18 pm

legal wrote:
tetroboylp wrote:
legal wrote: I take it you have a problem with a high level telling you how to play. Yes 2 is useful I do not like repeating myself, While you are leveling one the other protects you from stealth attacks. They still have to get it high to cover the choke point, which means a ton of down time. from 7 and beyond you are talking a day of it being down for each upgrade. So yeah I think they should have 2 high level scanners. And when they get it up there in levels then they have a back up against high level access programs. This is not rocket science, and giving bad advice to new players is not cool.
I cant tell that your advice is bad, Im sure you are mor expirienced than me, no doubts.
Just there is big difference between lvl 24 and 46 tho, keep that in mind
And lastly, Im giving advice from my expirience, not to make my enemies play bad lol
I've been 25 been there done that and I know what is to come for levels 25-46. So yeah there is a big difference I have been there and learned what not to do and what to do. I also know that unless you want to go weeks with out a scanner you will level 2 of them. That is the simple fact. As scanners take forever to level and upgrading it means you have no scanner. It is common sense to have 2.
Oh just a question, is it viable to live off looting up the higher level or should I start making more producers? I'm maintaining a fairly offensive playstyle atm.

Post Reply