Shadowluigi777

Core level 7 network

Post by Shadowluigi777 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey just wanted some feedback on my defense I just got core lv 7
Link: http://imgur.com/1dPL21N

Yopee

Re: Core level 7 network

Post by Yopee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:03 am

All of your security is grouped at the start with only a single code gate in front. Black ICE and guardian (especially high level) are really good targets for portal+shuriken+shocker combos.

You're trying to fit too much security into your two scanners so they don't have enough connections for all of them. Try spreading the scanners apart and maybe also use guardian as chokepoint (but only if you plan on keeping guardian low level).

If I were hacking your network, I'd probably use 4/5 accesses, 1 wraith, 1 portal, 3 shurikens, 1 shocker, 1 ice wall/protecter, 1 worm. Maybe a beam/ice wall to speed things up at the b-coin mine and a battering ram for the second code gate.

Shadowluigi777

Post by Shadowluigi777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:18 pm

So I redisgned my bases, spreading most of the security out requiring more access to get to the bulk is this any better?

Link: http://imgur.com/yQgeD0Q

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Much better. Main problem now is sentry positioning.
Make sure to get one sentry to the two turrets+one black ICE at the guardian chokepoint.

I would use either the evolver or the low level scanner as your last chokepoint instead of the b-coin mine.

Shadowluigi777

Post by Shadowluigi777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for the help:) I attached the sentry to the 2 turrets so the defense nodes will be sentrified (is that a word :P) and itll spread, just need better positioning on the first sentry and I'm worried that the 2nd sentry won't be able to spread the AV to the recources, any tips on that?

http://imgur.com/Zw8oGth

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:53 pm

I used to use a network similar to this :D
Like you said, it's pretty spread out so you probably need 3 sentries to have all areas covered.

One last minor adjustment I would make is switch the black ICE and server farm. Then hook the sentry up to that black ICE too so now you have 2 turrets+2 black ICEs with antivirus on the guardian chokepoint. This should also speed up antivirus to the evolver.

If I understand what you're trying to do, then you're sacrificing the server farm to try to make it a semi-chokepoint to buy time but that's just not gonna work.
Instead I would put the server farm behind one of the sentries. That forces the attacker to go through the side paths of your network to steal that last little bit of money.

Shadowluigi777

Post by Shadowluigi777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Yea that makes a lot of sense, all I remembered is that you shouldn't put a ICE in the chain, that lead to my mentality I guess, thanks for all your help, and the sentry placement works, though it takes 1 minute, the defender hasn't reached through the 2nd code gate by then, :) well time to (sigh...) get 2 mil $ just to upgrade my defenses

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Just you wait. In like a week, you will think 2mil is cheap and instead cry about the time it takes to upgrade :P