I got the best lvl 8 core architecture

Best strategies of building your network
Yopee

Re: I got the best lvl 8 core architecture

Post by Yopee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:08 pm

friv17 wrote:Got 3 choke points, im protected for 2 wraiths + portal, and got 3 bitcoin mixers.

if anyone tell me how to upgrate it you get a cookie :D
I count only 1 and a half chokepoints :S

I agree with Luminaar. The turret on the second code gate is mostly useless. I'd much rather put it on the guardian or on the first scanner.

Your network is really weak to wraiths and shurikens.
If I was hacking your network, then I'd wraith both code gates, the turret on the evolver, and the sentry on the first code gate.
I would use shuriken on:
  • the first scanner so your core is useless.
  • the second code gate so I don't need to wait for the turret to go down if I'm low on time.
  • guardian obviously along with shocker.
  • the black ICE connected to the server farm, b-coin mine, and database if I'm low on time.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

friv17 wrote:1. if anyone WRAITHS my 2 code gates, the AV wont spread to my resources.
2. if anyone WRAITHS 1 code gate and PORTAL near the 2 codegate, if he is quick enough he could stop de AV spreading.
That's fair enough. If those are your concerns, then I have a definite cookie-winner :D

Remove the Sentry on the Guardian and attach it to the Black ICE or Turret that are attached to the Guardian (or both if you want faster AV installation, although I'd suggest the node with the lowest priority of the two so it burns more time.) Attacks that get that far will have to attack your Sentry before attacking your resources. This frees up the spot to move the Turret that's attached to the Code Gate on to the Guardian, improving that choke point substantially.

For bonus sprinkles, I assume the B-coin Mine near the front of the network is there to make it harder for someone to get 100% resources. Forget about Rep, and move that to the remaining Black ICE/Turret connection at the back.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

AGooseOnJuice

Post by AGooseOnJuice » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:26 am

Is this about right?
rps20161210_182506.jpg
rps20161210_182506.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 2353 times

friv17

Post by friv17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 am

Yopee wrote:
friv17 wrote:Got 3 choke points, im protected for 2 wraiths + portal, and got 3 bitcoin mixers.

I agree with Luminaar. The turret on the second code gate is mostly useless. I'd much rather put it on the guardian or on the first scanner.

If I was hacking your network, then I'd wraith both code gates, the turret on the evolver, and the sentry on the first code gate.
I would use shuriken on:
  • the second code gate so I don't need to wait for the turret to go down if I'm low on time.
  • the black ICE connected to the server farm, b-coin mine, and database if I'm low on time.
Check the image...3 choke points.

I got your advice to change the turret from de the second codegate to the first scanner, it makes a lot of sense because it gives e time for the AV to spread to the codegate and the core to attack the scanner (and make it the 1st choke point).

So...tecnically you got a cookie :D
Attachments
h2c.jpg
h2c.jpg (178.47 KiB) Viewed 2344 times

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:46 am

friv17 wrote:
Yopee wrote:

I would use shuriken on:
Check the image...3 choke points.

I got your advice to change the turret from de the second codegate to the first scanner, it makes a lot of sense because it gives e time for the AV to spread to the codegate and the core to attack the scanner (and make it the 1st choke point).

So...tecnically you got a cookie :D
Two of those circled nodes aren't really chokepoints.
You have a single turret on the evolver. That's not really a chokepoint.
You have zero security nodes on the scanner so that is for sure not a chokepoint.
But I'm glad you listened to my old-man-with-long-beard sage advice of putting the turret on the scanner. It's still just a single turret on it though.
Don't really even need ice walls to get past those nodes :S

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 am

friv17 wrote:
Yopee wrote:So...tecnically you got a cookie :D
Bit of a cookie cheapskate tbh. That was like getting blood out of a stone :P
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 am

Luminaar wrote:
friv17 wrote:
Yopee wrote:So...tecnically you got a cookie :D
Bit of a cookie cheapskate tbh. That was like getting blood out of a stone :P
I love cookies so I'm fine even if it's just crumbs.

So, when do I get this cookie which you speak of, friv? It better not be past its expiry date either.

friv17

Post by friv17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:11 am

Luminaar wrote:
friv17 wrote:1. if anyone WRAITHS my 2 code gates, the AV wont spread to my resources.
2. if anyone WRAITHS 1 code gate and PORTAL near the 2 codegate, if he is quick enough he could stop de AV spreading.
That's fair enough. If those are your concerns, then I have a definite cookie-winner :D

Remove the Sentry on the Guardian and attach it to the Black ICE or Turret that are attached to the Guardian (or both if you want faster AV installation, although I'd suggest the node with the lowest priority of the two so it burns more time.) Attacks that get that far will have to attack your Sentry before attacking your resources. This frees up the spot to move the Turret that's attached to the Code Gate on to the Guardian, improving that choke point substantially.

For bonus sprinkles, I assume the B-coin Mine near the front of the network is there to make it harder for someone to get 100% resources. Forget about Rep, and move that to the remaining Black ICE/Turret connection at the back.
My man i like your advice a lot, im worried about stealth attacks so im going to keep both advices but upgrading both scanners =), anyways you have 2 cookes :lol: :D

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:15 am

friv17 wrote:
Luminaar wrote:

My man i like your advice a lot, im worried about stealth attacks so im going to keep both advices but upgrading both scanners =), anyways you have 2 cookes :lol: :D
Keep in mind the more you upgrade a node, the worse it will be as a chokepoint.

friv17

Post by friv17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:24 am

My new netowrk

Thank you guys
Attachments
h2e.jpg
h2e.jpg (157.28 KiB) Viewed 2335 times