Post by Jhul97 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Jhul97

Re: Core Level 8

Post by Jhul97 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:25 pm

What's with all these posts? Can you not just edit your old post and make it into one rather than spamming the thread?
I don't even know what those pictures are for...
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Stricks

Post by Stricks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 am

Hey, i just created an account because i want some feedback on my core 8 layout, any advice will be welcome pls!

https://postimg.org/image/t3bauep77/
http://imgur.com/a/uuDJT

Some of the basis of how it works, first the attacker will need to past 2 code gates covered with a lvl 9 scanner, it pretty much ends stealth attackers (they wraith both gates and end up with no time to place a portal).
Then the scanner have the core attached to buy me some time, also it leads to my 2 only chokes (a lvl 1 Bmixer - that i'll soon replace for a B-miner since ill need more Bcoin for lvl up some programs, and a lvl 1 scanner) from there the scanner has 2 turrets and 1 black ice protecting, and the Bmixer one turret and 1 black ice. All 5 defensive nodes are protected by 2 guardians - around 300 of protection -, so my main point on the network is stop attackers on these chokes, once passed i lost.
Before the resources, there are 2 sentrys - one each side - connected to the black ice only (since the order of attacker is turrets then black ice, so the attacker cant get one turret and keep going from there to the sentry and resources, if he chooses this way, will need to past guardians and then black ice anyway).

Any toughts on my network? Advices are welcome, thank you!

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:00 am

Stricks wrote:Hey, i just created an account because i want some feedback on my core 8 layout, any advice will be welcome pls!

https://postimg.org/image/t3bauep77/
http://imgur.com/a/uuDJT

Some of the basis of how it works, first the attacker will need to past 2 code gates covered with a lvl 9 scanner, it pretty much ends stealth attackers (they wraith both gates and end up with no time to place a portal).
Then the scanner have the core attached to buy me some time, also it leads to my 2 only chokes (a lvl 1 Bmixer - that i'll soon replace for a B-miner since ill need more Bcoin for lvl up some programs, and a lvl 1 scanner) from there the scanner has 2 turrets and 1 black ice protecting, and the Bmixer one turret and 1 black ice. All 5 defensive nodes are protected by 2 guardians - around 300 of protection -, so my main point on the network is stop attackers on these chokes, once passed i lost.
Before the resources, there are 2 sentrys - one each side - connected to the black ice only (since the order of attacker is turrets then black ice, so the attacker cant get one turret and keep going from there to the sentry and resources, if he chooses this way, will need to past guardians and then black ice anyway).

Any toughts on my network? Advices are welcome, thank you!
Bad idea on bmixer
I'd totally ignore the lv1 scanner side and breach the mixer side, once taken turrent down, the both guardian is dead soon, and the connected guards of lv1 scanner are doomed.

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 am

Sutopia wrote: Bad idea on bmixer
I'd totally ignore the lv1 scanner side and breach the mixer side, once taken turrent down, the both guardian is dead soon, and the connected guards of lv1 scanner are doomed.
Disagreed. This is the basis of the double choke design. When you get to the guardians, they become chokes themselves. When you get to either one of the guardians, the "connected guards of lv1 scanner" then turn around and start protecting the guardian. So really he has 4 chokes.
  1. B-coin mixer
  2. Lvl1 scanner
  3. Guardian 1
  4. Guardian 2
Here's how my one works. Notice how I connect resources through the guardians - not the sentries.

The only problem I have with stricks one is that the attacker isnt forced into the guardian chokes. They can still bypass it and just focus on getting the resources because when they get to the black ice, the next node to be attacked using the attack priority rules is the sentries, not the guardians. Once they have the weakly guarded sentries, resources are easy to get.

With my one, the attacker is forced through the guardians as the resources are attached to them.

Hope that helps!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Stricks

Post by Stricks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:07 am

Fluffington wrote:
Disagreed. This is the basis of the double choke design. When you get to the guardians, they become chokes themselves. When you get to either one of the guardians, the "connected guards of lv1 scanner" then turn around and start protecting the guardian. So really he has 4 chokes.
  1. B-coin mixer
  2. Lvl1 scanner
  3. Guardian 1
  4. Guardian 2
Here's how my one works. Notice how I connect resources through the guardians - not the sentries.

The only problem I have with stricks one is that the attacker isnt forced into the guardian chokes. They can still bypass it and just focus on getting the resources because when they get to the black ice, the next node to be attacked using the attack priority rules is the sentries, not the guardians. Once they have the weakly guarded sentries, resources are easy to get.

With my one, the attacker is forced through the guardians as the resources are attached to them.

Hope that helps!
Thank you flufington, ill look at that, didnt think about using guardian as choke because of the 4 programs setup, its easy to protect with ice + protector + 2 beams, you dont get that often on guardian?

And the bmixer, on lvl 1 it have only 200 firewall, almost same as the scanner, so i dont see why you think its bad...

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:31 am

Stricks wrote:
Fluffington wrote:
  1. B-coin mixer
  2. Lvl1 scanner
  3. Guardian 1
  4. Guardian 2

Hope that helps!
Thank you flufington, ill look at that, didnt think about using guardian as choke because of the 4 programs setup, its easy to protect with ice + protector + 2 beams, you dont get that often on guardian?

And the bmixer, on lvl 1 it have only 200 firewall, almost same as the scanner, so i dont see why you think its bad...
If your sentry is lower than 100 per shot it's easy icewalled and protector/shockered. You need simultaneous fired sentry to overwhelm the entire firewall to make it a "hard choke", making intruder not even able to place ICE wall.

Stricks

Post by Stricks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 am

Sutopia wrote:
Stricks wrote:
Fluffington wrote:Disagreed. This is the basis of the double choke design. When you get to the guardians, they become chokes themselves. When you get to either one of the guardians, the "connected guards of lv1 scanner" then turn around and start protecting the guardian. So really he has 4 chokes.
  1. B-coin mixer
  2. Lvl1 scanner
  3. Guardian 1
  4. Guardian 2

Hope that helps!

If your sentry is lower than 100 per shot it's easy icewalled and protector/shockered. You need simultaneous fired sentry to overwhelm the entire firewall to make it a "hard choke", making intruder not even able to place ICE wall.
Hi thank you for the feedback, what do you mean by 100 per shoot? An only shoot from single node by 100? My sentries are lvl 11, so 32 per shoot, with 3 nodes connected it doesnt get 100 only witth sentries, is that what you mean?

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:05 am

Stricks wrote:
Hi thank you for the feedback, what do you mean by 100 per shoot? An only shoot from single node by 100? My sentries are lvl 11, so 32 per shoot, with 3 nodes connected it doesnt get 100 only witth sentries, is that what you mean?
I do mean 100 from single node.

Anyways the very first hard choke is possible only after core 9 with level 16 sentry, working on lv1 scanner or guardian.