Core 7 - which network would you prefer?

Best strategies of building your network
yuno

Core 7 - which network would you prefer?

Post by yuno » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Hello Guys,

wich defense would you prefer?
Focus on gold & b-coins, Core Level 7 (nearly).

Network 1:
1.jpg
1.jpg (77.71 KiB) Viewed 2436 times

Network 2:
2.jpg
2.jpg (129.79 KiB) Viewed 2436 times
How would you attack?
Would you build two high-level scanners, or just one high-level (for scanning) and one level-one (for choke point)?
(Or just one high-level scanner?)

Thx for your advice ;)

Hackercritic

Re: Core 7 - which network would you prefer?

Post by Hackercritic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:45 pm

I'd go for network one as both black ices are more fully utilized for defense. Though ideally for network one i'd rearrange the back chokepoints abit.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:00 am

I kinda don't like both because your Black ICEs are poorly positioned.
The lone Black ICE in network 1 in between the guardian and scanner checkpoints is really isolated yet still on the path to the resources.
Both Black ICEs in network 2 are connected to a lot of things.
These sorts of nodes (especially Black ICE) become really good targets for portal which is something you will start to encounter at core 7/8.

If you spread out your code gates like in network 1 then you need to have two high level scanners because of Wraith/Portal.

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:47 am

yuno wrote:Hello Guys,

wich defense would you prefer?
Probably number 2.
But like what yopee said
Yopee wrote:I kinda don't like both because your Black ICEs are poorly positioned.
I don't quite like that black ice behind the two turrets. That's because once the turret is taken, it will be difficult to take it back with just a lone black ice. The turret has quite a high firewall and has 4 program slots.

Why don't you try making a guardian choke point and put your back black ice there. Keep your 2 turrets + sentry on the first low level scanner:
Like that maybe?
yuno wrote:Would you build two high-level scanners, or just one high-level (for scanning) and one level-one (for choke point)?
(Or just one high-level scanner?)
Two high level scanners is unnecessary in my opinion. One high level is enough, the other can just be used as a choke point (keep it low level)

Hope that helps!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

yuno

Post by yuno » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 am

Wow, first of all, thinks for your advice guys!

I changed it a little bit, thats the result:
3.jpg
3.jpg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Last 3 days, they couldn't get me with portal-stealth-hacks. They only destroy the first gate (i think i have to deal with it, that i will loose one gate on wraith).
But, unfortunaly, they hacked me with normal brute force (beam cannon, ICE wall, battering ram). May i have to deal with it as well, until i can build another turret / black ICE.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:45 pm

yuno wrote:Wow, first of all, thinks for your advice guys!

I changed it a little bit, thats the result:

3.jpg

Last 3 days, they couldn't get me with portal-stealth-hacks. They only destroy the first gate (i think i have to deal with it, that i will loose one gate on wraith).
But, unfortunaly, they hacked me with normal brute force (beam cannon, ICE wall, battering ram). May i have to deal with it as well, until i can build another turret / black ICE.
Yeah, there's no real way to stop Wraiths at the start of your network which is where most people's first code gate resides.
However, you managed to stop Portals so that's much more important.

Take advantage of the fact that your first code gate is Wraith bait. Use it to buy time for your antivirus.

Try moving the first code gate to in front of the first scanner/behind the evolver.
Also, hook the first sentry up to the scanner. Let the sentry tank damage for your turret and black ICE.
Disconnect the black ICE from the turret. Don't give the attacker five program slots to move forward. It also frees up room for that second scanner.

Once you reach core 8, you can fend off brute force from players around your level no problem.