Using AI Beetle w/Code Gates

Best strategies of building your network
ChaosCarnage

Using AI Beetle w/Code Gates

Post by ChaosCarnage » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:12 pm

In my layout, I have 2 code gates out of a series of 3 that my AI Beetle can reach. The code gate filter allows them to take less damage allowing the Beetle to come in and regen firewall. I have found this strategy works as long as your code gates dont get wraith'd in stealth. It makes the attacker either eat up a lot of time or their damage is not sufficient to overcome the AI beetle's regen and it shuts them down.

What are your thoughts on this strategy? Is there a more effective use for these nodes?

Thanks for the imput😁😁

Luminaar

Re: Using AI Beetle w/Code Gates

Post by Luminaar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:34 am

Solid strategy!

Beetle works especially well with anything that has a large firewall value or alternative ways to soak up damage such as Guardians. Code Gates, with their inate damage reduction, makes them a great recipient of Beetle repairs. This can be especially deceiving in situations when a hacker spots a low level Code Gate and believes they'll be able to beam cannon though it! :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion

Re: Using AI Beetle w/Code Gates

Post by Alfatrion » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 pm

I have combined this with the hawk. The hawk attacks the level 1 code gate that the player lands on. The player then needs to take down a level 21 code gate, which is backed by the beetle and gets an AV upgrade in 25 seconds. This proves too much for many.

This strategy is a bit different. I do not rely on the filter working, but rely on it being broken. Most players find they can not hold the level 1 code gate and -if they succeed in taking down the filter- find that they can not take down the level 21 code gate with two beam cannons. This is psychological warfare.