Core 7 questions

Best strategies of building your network
Barons

Core 7 questions

Post by Barons » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:00 am

Hello folks,

Do you only get an extra mixer and database at core 7? The wiki seems to indicate no security or hacking nodes. :(

Aside from what I've collected at core 5 and 6 all of my stuff is at core 4 levels. Which nodes should be my priority? I'm thinking code gates, 1 sensor, ice, sentry, guardian, and the rest... but ima noob so any words of wisdom?

When it comes to network layout I'v heard it's wise to keep a lvl 1 sensor at the dui check point and push the other one. If that's the case do I want the strongest one covering my code gates, storages, or both? I'm guessing both would be preferred but I can't seem to manage that without lumping all of my loot nodes up in a neat little pile.

What's the concensus on how many dui check points you have? With one big knot of guns it's probably more likely that someone will get their timing off or click the wrong thing, but is it better to make a running fight out of it with guns spread though out the network hoping they run out of walls or blasters or something?

Currently I'm using the big knot of guns and it works awesome on anyone who hasn't got the wall, protector, blaster thing down. Anyways thx for the advice. My core still has about 3 days since I'm working on other stuff too but I'll post some screen shots once I come up with something.

Peace

legal

Re: Core 7 questions

Post by legal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:27 am

Barons wrote:Hello folks,

Do you only get an extra mixer and database at core 7? The wiki seems to indicate no security or hacking nodes. :(

Aside from what I've collected at core 5 and 6 all of my stuff is at core 4 levels. Which nodes should be my priority? I'm thinking code gates, 1 sensor, ice, sentry, guardian, and the rest... but ima noob so any words of wisdom?

When it comes to network layout I'v heard it's wise to keep a lvl 1 sensor at the dui check point and push the other one. If that's the case do I want the strongest one covering my code gates, storages, or both? I'm guessing both would be preferred but I can't seem to manage that without lumping all of my loot nodes up in a neat little pile.

What's the concensus on how many dui check points you have? With one big knot of guns it's probably more likely that someone will get their timing off or click the wrong thing, but is it better to make a running fight out of it with guns spread though out the network hoping they run out of walls or blasters or something?

Currently I'm using the big knot of guns and it works awesome on anyone who hasn't got the wall, protector, blaster thing down. Anyways thx for the advice. My core still has about 3 days since I'm working on other stuff too but I'll post some screen shots once I come up with something.

Peace
sorry but you sound like a moron. honestly there are plenty of examples on the forum for you to figure it out, if you can't sorry can't help you/. Plus you do not even use images to even explain what you are rambling about.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Barons wrote:Hello folks,

You're gonna need two databases to get to core 8+ so that's why.
Barons wrote: Aside from what I've collected at core 5 and 6 all of my stuff is at core 4 levels. Which nodes should be my priority? I'm thinking code gates, 1 sensor, ice, sentry, guardian, and the rest... but ima noob so any words of wisdom?
Guardian is optional as another chokepoint in addition to scanners.
Third sentry is optional depending on how spread out your network is.
Barons wrote: When it comes to network layout I'v heard it's wise to keep a lvl 1 sensor at the dui check point and push the other one. If that's the case do I want the strongest one covering my code gates, storages, or both? I'm guessing both would be preferred but I can't seem to manage that without lumping all of my loot nodes up in a neat little pile.
Z
High level scanner just needs to cover both code gates. Keep loot nine nodes away.

Barons wrote: What's the concensus on how many dui check points you have? With one big knot of guns it's probably more likely that someone will get their timing off or click the wrong thing, but is it better to make a running fight out of it with guns spread though out the network hoping they run out of walls or blasters or something?

Peace
Completely up to you for how you want to do checkpoints.

If you're unlucky and become a target for high level attackers, they probably have too much disk space for your defenses to handle. Try to run out the clock against them instead.
Against the brute force majority around your level, you can definitely run out their disk space.
I prefer using a high level sentry to do that but you might need core level 8 to really put the sentry to work.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:29 pm

legal wrote: sorry but you sound like a moron. honestly there are plenty of examples on the forum for you to figure it out, if you can't sorry can't help you/. Plus you do not even use images to even explain what you are rambling about.
reason for my other post "please stop" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=456&p=3277&hilit=please+stop#p3277
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

legal

Post by legal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:45 pm

90skushkid wrote:
legal wrote: sorry but you sound like a moron. honestly there are plenty of examples on the forum for you to figure it out, if you can't sorry can't help you/. Plus you do not even use images to even explain what you are rambling about.
reason for my other post "please stop" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=456&p=3277&hilit=please+stop#p3277
that was not directed at you
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Barons

Post by Barons » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Yopee tyvm for the advice much appreciated!

Christopher your constructive criticism is also much appreciated. I'll take your advice to heart and try to be less of a moron, however the struggle is real.

On a side note has anyone seen that new zombie apocalypse horror move? I've been trying to get my wife to go see it with me but she says it looks to scary.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:28 pm

legal wrote:
90skushkid wrote:
no I know homie lol I was jus saying. I made that post for that reason you wrote lol
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

legal

Post by legal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 pm

90skushkid wrote:
legal wrote:
90skushkid wrote:
no I know homie lol I was jus saying. I made that post for that reason you wrote lol
ahh okay

legal

Post by legal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Barons wrote:Yopee tyvm for the advice much appreciated!

Christopher your constructive criticism is also much appreciated. I'll take your advice to heart and try to be less of a moron, however the struggle is real.

On a side note has anyone seen that new zombie apocalypse horror move? I've been trying to get my wife to go see it with me but she says it looks to scary.

your the one not making any sense and it is Chris not Christopher

Barons

Post by Barons » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 pm

legal wrote:
Barons wrote:Yopee tyvm for the advice much appreciated!

your the one not making any sense and it is Chris not Christopher
My bad, I just had some general questions I wanted answered before I started working on a layout. I plan to post screenshots and hopefully get some more detailed advice once I actually get to core 7. The thing is idk what your problem with me is? You seem like a nice dude whos very helpful in other posts but this is the 2nd time you've trolled one of my posts without contributing anything. I was actually hoping I could get you to make a critique video on my network in the next week or so but I seem to be on your bad side.

It's one thing to say "You're a dumb ass I don't even know where to start, this is so jacked up but try this..." but things like "Your boring, search the forum, too dumb to figure it out don't bother asking.... not helpful