Priority order

Best strategies of building your network
Fantöm

Priority order

Postby Fantöm » Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Hey guys, I wondered about the order hacks hack nodes. Is there a particular order? Like the health points is their priority? An attacking node?
Thanks!
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

maerg

Re: Priority order

Postby maerg » Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Fantöm wrote:Hey guys, I wondered about the order hacks hack nodes. Is there a particular order? Like the health points is their priority? An attacking node?
Thanks!

Do you mean, if I install e.g. Beamer - in what order will it attacks connected nodes?

If I understand mechanics correctly, than attack priority is given by color of nodes and their firewall value (aka health). All black nodes have higher priority than all white (or gold) ones. In scope of one color, the bigger firewall node has, the bigger priority it has.

You can use this knowledge both during attack phase and during building your network - smart placement of strong and weak nodes is basis of good defense - IMHO.

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sat May 21, 2016 5:34 am

I don't really get what you mean by the colours... So if I put together a Sentry, a CodeGate, a Black Ice and the Yellow turret (idr its name), it would first attack the CodeGate then the Black Ice then the Sentry and finally the gold turret?
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

maerg

Postby maerg » Sat May 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Fantöm wrote:I don't really get what you mean by the colours... So if I put together a Sentry, a CodeGate, a Black Ice and the Yellow turret (idr its name), it would first attack the CodeGate then the Black Ice then the Sentry and finally the gold turret?

The basis of each node (rounded shape where a level of node is written and links to other nodes come from) has either black color or white color. On your own network, check the color of base of Turret node (should be black) vs. color of base of Core node (should be white).

Black color is for nodes, which have some defense ability at the moment. White is for nodes, which are currenty not able to defense itself. During the hack (but not during initial Stealth phase), Sentry spreads antivirus, so all nodes can become black eventually.

In other words:
At the start of hack, only Turret, Black Ice and Sentry nodes are black. All other nodes are white.
Later, other nodes turns to black when antivirus from Sentry is installled.

Look at some videos at gallery section and notice how basis of nodes changes its colors during hack.

And for gold color:
There is no game-play difference between white and gold nodes, it is only different visual. Gold nodes is on of skins you can purchase in "Black Marker", but reputation 1000 is required to buy it, so it is rare to see gold nodes so far.

And, of course, hacked nodes are red :D

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sat May 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Yeah I realised what you meant I was just disturbed with the gold coloured :lol: thanks anyways.

Prochlub

Postby Prochlub » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 am

The priorities for most programs are something like this:
- the highest priority is on 'active security nodes' (black ice, turret, sentry)
- after that, the focus goes on 'black' nodes (= where sentry program is uploaded, on 'non security nodes')
- than nodes where sentry is loading at that moment
- than the rest (nodes with white base)

If nodes are in the same category with regard to this scheme, Core is targeted first, than other nodes based on their firewall (highest FW first).

Some programs fire projectiles, these can refocus during their activity. Beam on the other hand selects the target and then focuses on it until it is taken. And obviously there is Kraken, which navigates very differently but thats probably obvious ;)
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

Penumbruh

Postby Penumbruh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 pm

If anyone can help me with this then please feel free to make an input. So here's my situation, I have used up 10/10 nodes for my current network but it says I need two netConnection nodes. Now here's my question, I realize that I need to break down one of my sentries or my B-Coin Mixed, if I break one of either one down; will I have to build it up from Lv1 again or can I pay the store price and get it back the same Lv it was when I first broke it down? :?

P.S: Keep in mind that both of these (B-Coin Mixer and Sentry) are both Lv2 which is why I am asking in the first place, otherwise I would've taken down a sentry and kept the B-Coin Mixer. Thanks!! :D

LadTy

Postby LadTy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Penumbruh wrote:I have used up 10/10 nodes for my current network but it says I need two netConnection nodes.

Actually, netConnections are not counted in the '10/10'. Not the one you have on your network at this moment, and not 'the next one' you are trying to build. Meaning you do not have to tear down anything, you can just simply build a new netConnection and upgrade the Core, no need to destroy sentry/mixer for that ;)
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Penumbruh

Postby Penumbruh » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:42 am

Oh thank you so much!!! As soon as I saw this I got to building the node but it seems I have quite a ways to go before I can actually upgrade my core. I still have to upgrade my Server farm and my B-Coin Mines alongside my Sentries to avoid getting rekt. Anyways thanks a bunch for the help and if they come up with factions (or something like that) I'll definitely be looking into joining yours! :D

Krik

Upgrade Core

Postby Krik » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:05 pm

I have not been able to figure out how I can upgrade my core to the next level, lv3.
I have upgraded all of my nodes to attempt to increase my bank beyond the $6000 limit to get to the $8000 required to updgrade my core. I have searched the forum for this answer and have found nothing.
Any help with this answer would be greatly appreciated.
Also any additional wiki's on upgrades may be of benefit to others on gameplay as well.
Thank you in advance!!

Return to “NETWORK ARCHITECTURE”