Lvl 6 core how i fair with access wraith attack to protect my resources?

Best strategies of building your network
Godknight12

Lvl 6 core how i fair with access wraith attack to protect my resources?

Post by Godknight12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi guys i love this game and spend some money on it. Would you give me some advice on how to defend against access wraith attacks? Im lvl 6 core and soon to be lvl 7 core. Please look at my layout and your feedbacks are much appreciated. Thank you.

Godknight12

Re: Lvl 6 core how i fair with access wraith attack to protect my resources?

Post by Godknight12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:29 pm

This is my layout. Feel free to comment please. Thanks
Attachments
img20161105_092846.jpg
img20161105_092846.jpg (152.82 KiB) Viewed 3138 times

legal

Post by legal » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Godknight12 wrote:This is my layout. Feel free to comment please. Thanks
interesting set up I suppose.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Hallo!
I was struggling with the same problem, stealth hacks piercing trought my network like it was nothing.
I solved the problem by buying credits and then by building scanner to lvl 10 (had core for it).
I used credits becouse to make scanner even being effective you have to get at least to lvl8 which takes 14.5 days to build with one building thread.
But since I basically buyed it even acces lvl 5 and wraith 2 had really hard time to get trough and usually just disabling one CodeGate and sentry and sometimes one turret. Meaning that they had to deal with a lot of defense nodes on the way to resources even after spending 600Bcoins just on wraiths.

I have two scanners one is level 1(used as chokepoint) and the other is now 11.
I will send you my earlier setup. I dont say its good, just average, was still mega noob. But the idea was to have the effective scanner reach the first codegate that intruder has to go trought. In case you dont know how to find out your scanners range, if you click on it you will see purple/pink lines the last node to which line leads is still in range of scanner.
Here is my old base pic i mentioned. https://imgur.com/a/UBB0J
In your setup scanner isnt much effective, but you use it as chokepoint, so you need second scanner and place it so that just reaches the first code gate.

Another topic. I don´t like when there are 2 ways to attack CodeGate. It just decreases its effectiveness and opponent will have more time thanks to having more attack spots against Code Gate. I always make it so that there is only one way leading to code gate ensuring, that opponent will have minimum program slots to get trought it.

I am still noob learning the game, so dont take it as opinion of good player. Its rly just my opinion and observations.

And thanks for playing this awesome game with us! Nice to have you here!
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

Godknight12

Post by Godknight12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:30 am

kingofsnipers wrote:Hallo!
I was struggling with the same problem, stealth hacks piercing trought my network like it was nothing.
I solved the problem by buying credits and then by building scanner to lvl 10 (had core for it).
I used credits becouse to make scanner even being effective you have to get at least to lvl8 which takes 14.5 days to build with one building thread.
But since I basically buyed it even acces lvl 5 and wraith 2 had really hard time to get trough and usually just disabling one CodeGate and sentry and sometimes one turret. Meaning that they had to deal with a lot of defense nodes on the way to resources even after spending 600Bcoins just on wraiths.

I will send you my earlier setup. I dont say its good, just average, was still mega noob. But the idea was to have the effective scanner reach the first codegate that intruder has to go trought. In case you dont know how to find out your scanners range, if you click on it you will see purple/pink lines the last node to which line leads is still in range of scanner.
In your setup scanner isnt much effective, but you use it as chokepoint, so you need second scanner and place it so that just reaches the first code gate.

Another topic. I don´t like when there are 2 ways to attack CodeGate. It just decreases its effectiveness and opponent will have more time thanks to having more attack spots against Code Gate. I always make it so that there is only one way leading to code gate ensuring, that opponent will have minimum program slots to get trought it.

I am still noob learning the game, so dont take it as opinion of good player. Its rly just my opinion and observations.

Thank you so much for the reply. I spend most of my credits to building threads and upgrading my programs. Ill try ur suggestion and prioritize my scanner

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:31 pm

kingofsnipers wrote:Hallo!

lol duddeee ive been dying to spend money on this game. but irl I have to budget some shit first to get my life in check then I can go ahead and spend money on credits. but for now im lvl 18 with a lvl 6 core. kraken is love. lol. but I have a lvl 1 scanner as well. since ive been playing ive only gotten hit by stealth prolly 3 or 4 times. maybe its my search zone or w.e. but I dnt get many people now that uses it maybe when I get in the 20s ill start to see an increase of people using stealth. even myself I dnt use acess even tho I have it unlocked. im saving up the b coins to purchase all my programs so when I do want to use them they are already there so I dnt have to bug out on waiting. wraith is going to be next tho.

but interesting enough I did get hacked this morning by someone using access and wraith. now since theres like only 1 or 2 people on youtube right now (with decent amount of subs) I never really seen the wraith used yet. but when I saw that replay tho. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o HE DESTRYOED MY CODE GATE lmaooooo. I was like TFF lmaoooo. so I get what your saying bro definitely.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:40 pm

90skushkid wrote:
lol duddeee ive been dying to spend money on this game. but irl I have to budget some shit first to get my life in check then I can go ahead and spend money on credits. but for now im lvl 18 with a lvl 6 core. kraken is love. lol. but I have a lvl 1 scanner as well. since ive been playing ive only gotten hit by stealth prolly 3 or 4 times. maybe its my search zone or w.e. but I dnt get many people now that uses it maybe when I get in the 20s ill start to see an increase of people using stealth. even myself I dnt use acess even tho I have it unlocked. im saving up the b coins to purchase all my programs so when I do want to use them they are already there so I dnt have to bug out on waiting. wraith is going to be next tho.

but interesting enough I did get hacked this morning by someone using access and wraith. now since theres like only 1 or 2 people on youtube right now (with decent amount of subs) I never really seen the wraith used yet. but when I saw that replay tho. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o HE DESTRYOED MY CODE GATE lmaooooo. I was like TFF lmaoooo. so I get what your saying bro definitely.

Hi,
what I found annoying was the fact that you are new to the game (as the player who just installed and plays just for fun, not meaning especialy you, but generaly every player) and are exploring it as your level progresses. Once you are in lvl range when stealth attacks are common you want to build that scanner, but you dont build it beforehand, cuz you never was attacked by stealth or mby once so why to spend money and time on it right? So you start building scanner but you are fked, cuz it builds like forever and during its upgrading it doesnt work, so you have to put all the building threads available to it, so you are stuck with everything other for like 3 days at least, I d say even more. And scanner lvl6 rly did nothing for me to stop stealth attacks :D I dont get it, why scanner building time is so ridiculous (holly hell this spelling :D ). So I decided that its a must buy thing for guys who have credits for it and are stealth/hybrid attacked several times a day.
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:15 pm

kingofsnipers wrote:
90skushkid wrote:

Hi,
what I found annoying was the fact that you are new to the game (as the player who just installed and plays just for fun, not meaning especialy you, but generaly every player) and are exploring it as your level progresses. Once you are in lvl range when stealth attacks are common you want to build that scanner, but you dont build it beforehand, cuz you never was attacked by stealth or mby once so why to spend money and time on it right? So you start building scanner but you are fked, cuz it builds like forever and during its upgrading it doesnt work, so you have to put all the building threads available to it, so you are stuck with everything other for like 3 days at least, I d say even more. And scanner lvl6 rly did nothing for me to stop stealth attacks :D I dont get it, why scanner building time is so ridiculous (holly hell this spelling :D ). So I decided that its a must buy thing for guys who have credits for it and are stealth/hybrid attacked several times a day.
that's what I was thinking. cuz im lvl 18 so I don't think I would need to increase my scanner till prolly 20 - 22 by that time it should be lvl 4-5 hopefully. but im jus curious on how many people have 2 scanners and whats their lvls on the scanners and their own lvl in the game. to compare.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Invictus

Post by Invictus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:26 am

Hi, I am at Core level 8 & I have 2 Scanners (levels 6 & 7). I like having 2 Scanners because they allow me to cover almost my entire network. Also the 4 node connections and 3 program slots are awesome.

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:12 am

Godknight12 wrote:This is my layout. Feel free to comment please. Thanks
I quite like this layout for your level. Yes it's open to kraken, but they don't get anything.

Due to the choke point being 7 deep, stealth isn't that great an option when attacking your base.

The only improvement I can see to your idea, is to force them into taking your core when doing a brute force. At the moment they can go scanner - turret - sentry and miss out having to take the core with its high firewall.

i think if you swap the sentry with the farm, place the second gate where the sentry was, place the farm where the second gate was, lose the link between the turret and what now would be the gate. It would force attackers into having to take your core and slow them down.

I think this would work. You would have try and watch a replay.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o