Network 3
18%
None of these
64%

Total votes: 11

4hmeth

POLL: Best hybrid def for core 6?

Post by 4hmeth » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:00 pm

New to the game. Just want to ask you guys which is the best setup for my core6 to defend both my core and goods.
Open for criticism. Lil help will be much appreciated.
HACKERS base1.jpg
HACKERS base1.jpg (120.4 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
HACKERS base2.jpg
HACKERS base2.jpg (116.06 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
HACKERS base3.jpg
HACKERS base3.jpg (107.59 KiB) Viewed 3313 times

Bumbledolt

Re: POLL: Best hybrid def for core 6?

Post by Bumbledolt » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:20 pm

None of these its you or the kraken.
Core must me moved outside but when you get at higher levels you can beat the kraken.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

xxxstylesxxx

Post by xxxstylesxxx » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Kraken will shred each of these. Make one with your core at the beginning. It's a lot better to lose like $600 and a couple Bs instead of 30% of all your stuff.

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Cant agree more with these guys. You have to decide if you want to keep rep or resources.
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

With my attack set up. I would absolutely shred #3. I vote 3

4hmeth

Post by 4hmeth » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:34 am

Thanks y'all for the feedback. Appreciated much. :)

What do you guys think of my new network
base4.jpg
base4.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 3265 times

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:57 pm

4hmeth wrote:Thanks y'all for the feedback. Appreciated much. :)

base4.jpg
I'm not quite at that level, I'm saving money to go from core 4 to core 5. But FWIW, here's my two cents on your current setup: first, I would move that first server farm off of the core towards the back. No real reason that I can think of for having it in front of your main defensive cluster. Second, I really like your back-end resource clusters. They're spread out enough that you'd have to burn multiple programs to get them all, and ideally, after/if they make it through your main defensive cluster, they wouldn't have enough programs left (at my current level, I only have 35 program slots, so I know I wouldn't be able to make it). Here's how I would attack it: worms and/or blasters until I get to your scanner. Once I have the scanner put up an ice wall and install protector and shocker. once those are up remove the ice wall if it hasn't been defeated already, and add either 2 blasters or 2 shurikens. I could probably get through your defensive cluster if I planned well and my timing was on point, but I'd break against the code walls... I simply don't have enough disk space to bring the 2 extra shockers I would need to break them (don't have battering ram yet), plus the ice walls to overcome the turret and black ice at the back. Your resources would be safe from me at least! With what I currently have available, I would need a worm, 3 shockers, 1 protector, not sure on the ice walls, although I would want to bring at least 5 to be safe, 3 shurikens, 4 blasters, and I can't carry all that. And that probably wouldn't be fast enough, so to capture it all in time I would need to swap out the worm for a ton of blasters, needing even more space. Even if I had the disk space and better programs I would need to take your resources, I would look for an easier target from the world map (although revenge is a different story, haha).

Barons

Post by Barons » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Here is a screenshots of my core 6. Idk how good it is because so far I've only been attacked by folks that haven't got the trick to using shield walls and protectors down. I'very got a lot of upgrading to do before it will have a chance vs anyone respectable but the layout seems ok.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm

4hmeth wrote:Thanks y'all for the feedback. Appreciated much. :)

base4.jpg
eh. scanner choke point would be better without the black ice and put in the turrent instead. I guess its hard to determine whats good for lower lvls when you get to higher lvls. but yeah for the most part its ok I guess. at least kraken wont destroy your first three networks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen: