Advice on arranging/fixing my network?

Best strategies of building your network
Silken

Re: Advice on arranging/fixing my network?

Post by Silken » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:21 am

Lily wrote:Both of my scanners are currently level 3 though, and the one in the back is upgrading to 4. D:
Should I sell the level 3 one to get a level 1 again?

How does this look?
Better. Although your choke point can be be wraithed with only a couple of access points. I would move at least one code gate or even both before your scanner.

You could then connect your second scanner to a code gate instead of having it at the back, which isn't great.

One last point on scanner choke points. Scanner take years to upgrade. Having a level 1 scanner choke point is all well and good, but if you go down that route you really need a second high level scanner and high code gate.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Lily

Post by Lily » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:33 pm

How about this?

Level: 26
Reputation (prior to intentional dropping): 598
Current Reputation: 481
[ Last updated: 11/09/2016 - 09:04 PM (KST) ]

legal

Post by legal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Lily wrote:How about this?

much much better set up. Should keep you safe and annoy those who attack you.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Lily

Post by Lily » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Once my Core's finished upgrading to 7, I could use the extra nodes available to connect to each Code Gate individually (probably not connecting between each other for security reasons) so that taking each node will be harder to keep as "taken" (by connecting Turrets or whatever to them).

legal

Post by legal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Lily wrote:Once my Core's finished upgrading to 7, I could use the extra nodes available to connect to each Code Gate individually (probably not connecting between each other for security reasons) so that taking each node will be harder to keep as "taken" (by connecting Turrets or whatever to them).
that will make it even harder to get thru so not a bad plan at all.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Lily

Post by Lily » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 pm

So uh, I accidentally ended up building a second Database, which I later learned I couldn't delete because it was required for the Level 8 Core upgrade.
So with the 2 extra nodes I had from the level 7 upgrade, I got a Turret and a Database.
The Turret is connected to the very first Code Gate.

But now I don't really have anywhere to put my second Database, unless I change the links to the second Scanner in the very back to be Scanner -> B-Coin Mine -> B-Coin Mixer/Server Farm
-----------> New Database -> B-Coin Mine/Old Database/Server Farm
Which is what I did for now, so that it's not easily accessed while I'm upgrading it.

But I don't really like that because breaking past the scanner is an instant access to a Database. But then again, if they got to the second Scanner, they'd probably get everything else, unless time restriction was the issue.
Any advice?

EDIT: Also, it's a bit mildly irritating when they manage to break through the defenses by just using like, 30-40 Level 4 Beam Cannons + 10 Level 4 ICE-WALLs + 2 Battering Rams + a few other things like a single Protector or whatever, because it feels sort of demeaning to lose to such a basic strategy. I'm upgrading my Level 3 Code Gate (the one behind the level 4 one) to level 4 at the moment. I'm also upgrading the level 4 Black ICE connected to the first Scanner to level 5. Hopefully those should help a bit I guess, IDK.

Lily

Post by Lily » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 pm

any help ples ;-;

Invictus

Post by Invictus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:07 am

How goes the network building? It's been about a week since the last post. Did you find anything you like?