Advice on arranging/fixing my network?

Post by Lily » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Any tips?

Level: 26
Reputation (prior to intentional dropping): 598
Current Reputation: 481
[ Last updated: 11/09/2016 - 09:04 PM (KST) ]

legal

Re: Advice on arranging/fixing my network?

Post by legal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Lily wrote:Image

Any tips?
Nice setup but you lack a choke point. I could easly breeze thru your network because of that a few protectors and ice cannons and I would tear it a part. You really need a choke point, because I could just skip past most of your security, making your set up useless. Make a choke point with your security programs use a level 1 scanner and place your security around that. I would get excised to see your network on my list for that simple reason. Granted you won't be hit by kraken but Who really needs that when you have a set up like this.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Lily

Post by Lily » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Any better?

legal

Post by legal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Lily wrote:Image
Any better?
That is better but I would put the turrets connected to your scanners also separate your anti viruses if they are next to each other one is useless other than that much better and If you do what I said I would skip your network.
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Lily

Post by Lily » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:09 pm

What connection should I disconnect from which Turret to connect to the first Scanner instead?
And why are connected anti-viruses bad? They support each other, and in the case one gets taken, the rest fire back at it.

legal

Post by legal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Lily wrote:What connection should I disconnect from which Turret to connect to the first Scanner instead?
And why are connected anti-viruses bad? They support each other, and in the case one gets taken, the rest fire back at it.
"What connection should I disconnect from which Turret to connect to the first Scanner instead?" I would place 2 turrets and a black ice connected to the scanner. I would then connect the rest of your security to those three points. The reason is the scanner at level one is so easy to take back it causes a choke point. That is taken back fast, and forces them to waste resources if they want to go further into your network.

"And why are connected anti-viruses bad?" Because although they do support each other your anti-virus will not spread as fast as it will have to go through each other first to spread to the rest of your network.. So you want them to be further apart. So they spread faster and can still support each other.

Lily

Post by Lily » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Both of my scanners are currently level 3 though, and the one in the back is upgrading to 4. D:
Should I sell the level 3 one to get a level 1 again?

How does this look?

legal

Post by legal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Lily wrote:Both of my scanners are currently level 3 though, and the one in the back is upgrading to 4. D:
Should I sell the level 3 one to get a level 1 again?

How does this look?
Much much better and most people will skip your network, That would be a hard network to bust through. Also safe against krakens very nice set up. You should start seeing a lot of failed attempts on your network. You might want to connect your second black ice to your second scanner will help kill that scanner while they are trying to get through your code gates. very nice.

Lily

Post by Lily » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 pm

I just wasn't sure if the Black Ice would be too much of a vulnerability if I connected it to the scanner, because then they could try to use that to bypass the rest of the defense instead.
Thank you for all the help! ^^

legal

Post by legal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:21 am

Lily wrote:I just wasn't sure if the Black Ice would be too much of a vulnerability if I connected it to the scanner, because then they could try to use that to bypass the rest of the defense instead.
Thank you for all the help! ^^
since it is in the back that be a lot of work to bypass it be easier to just stick to the left than to go to the right. Try it with and with out when you get hacked and see what happens I think connecting it will kill the scanner and is not to easily accessed so you should not have to worry to much. I think your network is defended very nicely either way you go.