Sentry Node Poll

Best strategies of building your network

How many Sentry Nodes is your Network going to have?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:38 pm

7%
70%
23%

Total votes: 30

Luminaar

Sentry Node Poll

Post by Luminaar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Any comments on your choice, and anything to do with Sentry Nodes at the various stages of Network development welcome!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

VLarian

Re: Sentry Node Poll

Post by VLarian » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:52 am

1 each for different parts of my network so as to get maximum sentry spread.
Also, if placed correctly, it diverts the attacker (atleast for a few valuable seconds) from the node leading to core and resources, because most of the times, sentry takes priority over other nodes while attacking.

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 am

2 makes the most sense to me atm in terms of spreading the anti virus.

But 3 is interesting since sentry has the highest priority attack order. Forcing an attack in one direction is not a bad tactic and multiple sentries allow you to do that.

I'm voted two. But still open to three.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

HCX - DReaD

Post by HCX - DReaD » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:47 pm

2 Sentries. Unless the netConnection max range can be increased, I feel like we can only have 2 stages of network, 1 for security cluster and 1 for resource cluster. So only needs 2 for current version imo.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:28 am

Depends on your goals, im using 2 because at this stage in my game im resource starved, 3 is optimal for more defense. Voted 2 @lvl 30

Bumbledolt

Post by Bumbledolt » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:09 am

Using 3 sentries are best i think 2 sentries to spread antivirus and for the third connect it with a lvl 1 scanner and also two lvl 6 turrets connected to scanner. Also connect that third sentry with a guardian which provide some shield to waste time because beam cannons will attack sentries and turrets will continue to attack the scanners.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

kyobinbou

Post by kyobinbou » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 am

Having two Sentries is good enough for me for routing Antivirus to the network. I'm not sure about higher leveled networks if 3 Sentries will have a positive effect on network defense.

mokime

Post by mokime » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:46 pm

3 is too much I think. business node is better.
1 is too less wraith can easily disable it and make your network vulnerable to brute force attack.
:)

HCX - DReaD

Post by HCX - DReaD » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Now that I think about it... could it be good having more Sentries to deter the intruder?

It is known that Sentry has the highest priority value for being targeted, so it can be used to make the programs attacking it first while 2 other heavy security nodes (Black ICE, Turret) attacking the captured node.

But I'm not sure how many seconds can be wasted by that alignment and would it be worth it... hmm

legal

Post by legal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:52 pm

HCX - DReaD wrote:Now that I think about it... could it be good having more Sentries to deter the intruder?

It is known that Sentry has the highest priority value for being targeted, so it can be used to make the programs attacking it first while 2 other heavy security nodes (Black ICE, Turret) attacking the captured node.

But I'm not sure how many seconds can be wasted by that alignment and would it be worth it... hmm
I do that at the code gates so they can not attack the second code gate right away and also make them waste resources to get through second code gate. I use it as a stall and as a way to knock down my scanner that is on the other side of the code gate, which is a choke point. Seen tons fail at my code gates because of that.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.