Need some advice

Best strategies of building your network
Echo1Echo2

Need some advice

Post by Echo1Echo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:16 am

Not entirely sure what I should use my last free node for. I have a choice between a server farm, a sentry, black ice, or a scanner. I have not built a scanner yet since I haven't been attacked through stealth yet and I'm not sure if it's really worth it. (explanation of how the scanner works in defense would help)

Here's a picture of my base:
Attachments
IMG_0715.jpeg
IMG_0715.jpeg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

Bumbledolt

Re: Need some advice

Post by Bumbledolt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:12 am

I would suggest black ice because server farm is not much use near to me i usually attack people and make most of it then by waiting for it to generate cash. Keep upgrading you current sentries and for scanner it just alert your whole system when you are attacked in stealth and nothing much. Iam at level 11 and i already have a scanner.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

Silken

Post by Silken » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:32 am

Echo1Echo2 wrote:Not entirely sure what I should use my last free node for. I have a choice between a server farm, a sentry, black ice, or a scanner. I have not built a scanner yet since I haven't been attacked through stealth yet and I'm not sure if it's really worth it. (explanation of how the scanner works in defense would help)

Here's a picture of my base:
Scanner.

Scanners are used for two reasons. One to protect from stealth, and secondly to act as a defence filter point. This is because you can have 4 nodes going into it, but attackers can only place in 3 programs. Therefore, people have to either use a high number of Ice Walls or a Shocker to get pass.

I would also suggest you remove one resource (Miner and Farm) and get the Black Ice as well. Deleting Nodes is explained here http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Net_Building

Having to many resources makes your base attractive for attacks.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Echo1Echo2

Post by Echo1Echo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Silken wrote: Scanner.

Scanners are used for two reasons. One to protect from stealth, and secondly to act as a defence filter point. This is because you can have 4 nodes going into it, but attackers can only place in 3 programs. Therefore, people have to either use a high number of Ice Walls or a Shocker to get pass.

I would also suggest you remove one resource (Miner and Farm) and get the Black Ice as well. Deleting Nodes is explained here http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Net_Building

Having to many resources makes your base attractive for attacks.

Thank you for the reply. I did not know that you could have 4 connections but the enemy could only have 3 on scanners.

Echo1Echo2

Post by Echo1Echo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:12 pm

I redid my defense a bit. Does this look good?

If it's good what should I do with the extra Sentry (by the Code Gate)? Should I replace it with a b-coin mine or server farm?

Another thing. I am ready to move the Core down next to the compiler once I start getting attacked with Krakens. Any tips on what I should do with the extra Code Gate protecting the Core once I do that?

Here's a picture of my redone base.
Attachments
IMG_0716.PNG
IMG_0716.PNG (251.12 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Your base is perfect for my kraken attack. Yum.

Put your core right next to your first library. This will definitely make your base stronger... there is no point defending core.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

xxxstylesxxx

Post by xxxstylesxxx » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Jaystar wrote:Your base is perfect for my kraken attack. Yum.

Put your core right next to your first library. This will definitely make your base stronger... there is no point defending core.
He's right at low or mid lvl where you will face kraken it's better putting your core next to your netConnectors. It's better to lose a little resources and some rep instead of losing your 30% of resources.