Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
Luminaar

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Luminaar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:42 am

Fluffington wrote:Don't take my word for this, but i think "inactive sentry" is when the nodes around it have AV installed. This means that the sentry is not spreading anymore because it has done it's job and is considered "inactive". You're gonna have to dig deeper into this though.

Again. I'm not 100% on this... but that's what I think
The "Inactive Sentry" state was added to the priority in response to Silken's post here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=259&p=1430&hilit=sentry#p1430.

Currently, observations show a Sentry to be "inactive" when antivirus pulses are no longer being transferred to any node on the network, not necessarily nodes connected to the Sentry itself. (See Silken's example of a network that has 3 sentries spreading antivirus fast, which is blocked at the front due to compromised nodes, and at the rear due to an upgrade stopping the antivirus from spreading.)

See LadTy's response to inactive sentries and other attack priority anomolies here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=151#p1544
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

Luminaar wrote:
Fluffington wrote:Don't take my word for this, but i think "inactive sentry" is when the nodes around it have AV installed. This means that the sentry is not spreading anymore because it has done it's job and is considered "inactive". You're gonna have to dig deeper into this though.

Again. I'm not 100% on this... but that's what I think
The "Inactive Sentry" state was added to the priority in response to Silken's post here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=259&p=1430&hilit=sentry#p1430.

Currently, observations show a Sentry to be "inactive" when antivirus pulses are no longer being transferred to any node on the network, not necessarily nodes connected to the Sentry itself. (See Silken's example of a network that has 3 sentries spreading antivirus fast, which is blocked at the front due to compromised nodes, and at the rear due to an upgrade stopping the antivirus from spreading.)

See LadTy's response to inactive sentries and other attack priority anomolies here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=151#p1544
Ah fair enough. Thanks for the info. I guess it's settled then...
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

Like all things on the Wiki, it's subject to change ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Shikhar

Post by Shikhar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Well Baron Sir it is only you till now who has tried to help me and i am extremely grateful for the same.. I am trying my best to upgrade my core to 5 and once again thanks for your network architecture pic and helpful advice! I know i may be selfish now but i am asking for more of such advice now as i need it.. Thanks once again!

Here is my new Base :
https://goo.gl/photos/tMBXf3xUtxmx3Ufc8

Akkarus

Post by Akkarus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Tips? :-)

Core is Level 8 (6 days 9)
Total Nodes 25/26

Fluffington

Post by Fluffington » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Shikhar wrote:Well Baron Sir it is only you till now who has tried to help me and i am extremely grateful for the same.. I am trying my best to upgrade my core to 5 and once again thanks for your network architecture pic and helpful advice! I know i may be selfish now but i am asking for more of such advice now as i need it.. Thanks once again!

Here is my new Base :
Looks pretty solid. Nice scanner choke at the front. The one thing I would do is move that code gate in front of the scanner. This is so that the code gate can buy a lot of time for your antivirus's to get around the network.

Nice work. Hope that helps!
Akkarus wrote:Tips? :-)

Core is Level 8 (6 days 9)
Total Nodes 25/26

Hmm. I'm still core 7 so heres my two cents on the base.

I still think that this base is portal-able. Definitely need to upgrade those scanners. At least one of them should be at the minimum, level 8. Nice use of the scanners as choke points though.

I think stacking guardian shields is a good idea. I've never tried it (because I can't >.<) but it seems like a good setup in theory. Are you having any problems against a specific program/army build/combos?

One last thing, if you are going to put the core on the outside, put it on the 2nd closest netconnection. This ensures that if the attacker is beaming from the netconnections, they HAVE to get through your tanky core before moving onto the compiler and code gate
This just buys you a little time and you may as well do it if you are kicking out your core.
(rip core, will never be loved by kraken)

Skycaptain

Post by Skycaptain » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:06 am

Here's my updated network build with a level 4 core, I'm wondering if there's any room for improvement:
Attachments
Screenshot_20161118-172556-640x360.png
Screenshot_20161118-172556-640x360.png (252.62 KiB) Viewed 2810 times

Barons

Post by Barons » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:08 am

Skycaptain wrote:Here's my updated network build with a level 4 core, I'm wondering if there's any room for improvement:
Don't put your net connection on your code gate. Then maybe flip flop the elvover and compiler and put your net connections on the compiler and library.

Shikhar

Post by Shikhar » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:46 am

Well thank you so much Fluffington Sir.. The only thing that now remains a question for me is whether i keep my core right next to my compiler or put it far behind like this one : https://goo.gl/photos/Xqse4fTymSs9yVYM9

If i keep in front guys like hell are attacking me and editing my readme file and going.. And if i keep in end they reach there very slowly.. So what's to be done?

Fluffington

Post by Fluffington » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:55 am

Shikhar wrote:Well thank you so much Fluffington Sir.. The only thing that now remains a question for me is whether i keep my core right next to my compiler or put it far behind like this one : Image

If i keep in front guys like hell are attacking me and editing my readme file and going.. And if i keep in end they reach there very slowly.. So what's to be done?
You do realise you can delete their messages in your readme file if you are concerned about that? You can just press the red "-" sign to the left of the message and voila! Its gone~

At your level, you won't need to worry about kraken. Once you do start getting hit by it though, you can move the core to the front. More info on the kraken and how to defend it here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=380