Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
maerg

Re: Dragoon Network V1.66

Post by maerg » Wed May 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Pnub_utter wrote:Would like to know about kraken attacks. So I can prepare defense. Here's an update
network code named : DRAGOON.

If you see me in the world.
Please attempt to hack my core.
Welcome any feedback.
Hack on demand :-)
I have used Kraken and got to core without much problems. I will post a video later, so can see how it works...

Prochlub

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Prochlub » Wed May 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Your level difference is quite significant though. But yeah, for Krakens this is the perfect layout :P
But optimize your topology primarily for your typical visitors, worry about changing it when it's more relevant to you imo.
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

Pnub_utter

Post by Pnub_utter » Thu May 19, 2016 1:11 am

After reading wiki on Karen I can see how it's op. Especially when core is in very back with many connections.

Question.
Once it reaches core does it continue attacking other nodes?
Or just whatever in its way to core?

Prochlub

Post by Prochlub » Thu May 19, 2016 1:45 am

All Krakens aim to reach the Core, and once there, it sticks out tentacles too all neighboring nodes. Does not spread further, but attacks all adjacent nodes. It actually looks kinda funny
(they take 7 'library slots' though and can be pain in the a** to 'protect' sometimes... it only attacks in 1 direction and take 1 slot during attack, so when you have node where you can install 3 programs, 1 of them is kraken, another will probably be ICE/Protector, and you are left with only 1 slot for something that can attack to the side. And if you don't manage to protect that node and you get cut off, it disappears from all nodes from that place onwards)
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

maerg

Post by maerg » Thu May 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Pnub_utter wrote:After reading wiki on Karen I can see how it's op. Especially when core is in very back with many connections.

Question.
Once it reaches core does it continue attacking other nodes?
Or just whatever in its way to core?
Prochlub's answer is accurate, actually better than info on wiki :)

Here is a video of hack with Kraken, if you want to see it in action:

youtu.be/Rd5FmD58JRQ
Hack is performed in poor way, so you can see, that Kraken's tentacles can be easily cut off, but they grow again quite quickly.

Philosophil

Post by Philosophil » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 am

I think level nine should be year of the dog. Feel free to attack if you find me. Offer feedback please.
Attachments
CramIt__IMG_000000_00000020160925_210314.jpg
CramIt__IMG_000000_00000020160925_210314.jpg (71.1 KiB) Viewed 3403 times

QUROX

Post by QUROX » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:44 am

Philosophil wrote:I think level nine should be year of the dog. Feel free to attack if you find me. Offer feedback please.
Hello Philosophil,

Your design looks pretty susceptible to Ice Walls and Shurikens with a few Beam cannons to kick it off (I assume those are the only viruses you are getting hit by at level 9?).

I have a few ideas that you may want to take into account:

Firstly, Sentry node connectivity. Different things work for different people, but one rule of thumb is to use all 4 of the available connections, this will serve to exponentiate the spread of antivirus more rapidly.

Secondly, ungrouping your defences. (this may be subject to who you are being hacked by and how). The problem with having a large group of heavy hitting defences all connected, is that someone with a few Ice Walls and some Shurikens (or even Beam Cannons) can quite easily blast through them. An ice wall and a few Shurikens at your first sentry node could quite easily take out both the turret and the black ice (as the black ice shoots so slowly and isn't that effective at level 1) - the Ice Wall may need to be renewed once.

Then there was one final thing that you may want to consider:

If you are hacked and the attacking player uses up a lot of his/her viruses to get past your defence, they may think they have left themselves without the means to pull off the hack effectively. Then they will see that with one Shuriken from the core, they can get both your resource storages and one collector.

Having said all that, it is a daunting base and many players won't think like that when attacking. I think the way you have positioned your netC nodes is effective, but your first sentry node is to close to them and could maybe be destroyed before it spreads its antivirus with a full frontal Beam Cannon assault.

Anyway.. That is my 2 cents!! hope I could help out.

fozza

Post by fozza » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:29 am

Here is my network, I'd appreciate any feedback :D
Check out my website! http://fozzaco.com

QUROX

Post by QUROX » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 am

fozza wrote:Here is my network, I'd appreciate any feedback :D
Hi Fozza,

Your network looks good! Hard to get past your dual turrets at the start, then your antivirus can and will attack an infected node from at least 2 antivirus nodes. This will make it hard to use one Beam Cannon per node to control the rest of the base, despite its snake like appearance at first glance.

One thing I would say is that you may want to utilise all 4 connection slots on your Sentry nodes. Having said that, your Sentry nearest your core would have more then enough time to spread antivirus to the back half of your base by the time a hacker gets past your turrets, so empty connection slots may not be a big deal.

Another thing worth thinking about is spacing out your turrets a bit more: Having two targeting the one node is effective for some hacks (like mass Beam Cannons), but by level 8 and with your reputation you will be defending Ice Walls and Shurikens at the very least least. An Ice Wall + 2 Shurikens could take out both your turrets - the Ice Wall would have to be renewed once. Then there is only antivirus between the infected nodes and three starring (excuse the CoC terminology).

Really, it comes down to your own experience and what you seem to be getting hacked by a lot.

At that level, it is impossible to make a base that someone of the same level cannot hack, no matter how they try.

All in all, a good base!

fozza

Post by fozza » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 am

QUROX wrote: All in all, a good base!
Alright thank you, but after getting attacked so much and losing I decided to change my set up completely. I'm not sure if I will show it just yet because I haven't been hacked with it yet and I'd like to see how that goes first.
Check out my website! http://fozzaco.com