Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
absoluteAquarian

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by absoluteAquarian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Advice is much appreciated.
Also, I currently have a lot of resources. What should I upgrade? The compiler for faster compilations, or the evolver so I can get the Kraken?

http://imgur.com/b2miO0O

EDIT: I have started to upgrade the Evolver and the Guardian. Kraken, here I come!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ)
Level: 25
Core: Level 7

Ctlhk

Post by Ctlhk » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:41 pm

absoluteAquarian wrote:Advice is much appreciated.
Also, I currently have a lot of resources. What should I upgrade? The compiler for faster compilations, or the evolver so I can get the Kraken?

EDIT: I have started to upgrade the Evolver and the Guardian. Kraken, here I come!
I see you've chosen to upgrade the Evolver, but just remember upgrading the compiler makes those waits for viruses less painful :D

The main things I would say for your network is that it seems quite susceptible to kraken and stealth attacks (although you might not hit stealth attacks until level 20/25?). With regards to the kraken, I get that you are trying to protect your rep, however would you be willing to say, hang it off your turret/black ice behind your scanner?

For stealth attacks, the first thing is to upgrade your scanner (I believe fluffington's advice was look for lv8?). The second thing you can easily do would be to put your rear code gate in front of the scanner, so any stealth attacks would have to deal with 2 code gates 'under' a scanner. What you can also look to do (eventually) is use a lv1 scanner as your choke point, then place your high level scanner a little further back, but that's more of a long term goal.

My 2 cents.

absoluteAquarian

Post by absoluteAquarian » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:18 am

Ctlhk wrote:
absoluteAquarian wrote:Advice is much appreciated.

I see you've chosen to upgrade the Evolver, but just remember upgrading the compiler makes those waits for viruses less painful :D

The main things I would say for your network is that it seems quite susceptible to kraken and stealth attacks (although you might not hit stealth attacks until level 20/25?). With regards to the kraken, I get that you are trying to protect your rep, however would you be willing to say, hang it off your turret/black ice behind your scanner?

For stealth attacks, the first thing is to upgrade your scanner (I believe fluffington's advice was look for lv8?). The second thing you can easily do would be to put your rear code gate in front of the scanner, so any stealth attacks would have to deal with 2 code gates 'under' a scanner. What you can also look to do (eventually) is use a lv1 scanner as your choke point, then place your high level scanner a little further back, but that's more of a long term goal.

My 2 cents.
Thank you! I did have my Core on the left Turrent from the choke point, but I started to lose rep on every attack, so I moved it. I can change its location easily, so that's not a big deal. On the next core level, I can get another Scanner, so I'll do that then. The 2 code gates really didn't stall the attacker very well, so that's why I don't have them back to back. I haven't gotten many stealth hacks (maybe because people don't have enough library space, idk) so that's something I consider last. Again, thank you!
- Albert Einstein

( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ)

Post by 1337 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:50 am

Nothing has gotten past the database right next to the code gate.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (229.17 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Level: ??
Last update: 3/17/17

3ly

Post by 3ly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:27 am

LianSheng wrote:Hello everyone, this is my network:
KRAKEN!!
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

3ly

Post by 3ly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:30 am

1337 wrote:Nothing has gotten past the database right next to the code gate.
Put Black ICE at where the Sentry is. Connect Sentry to both turrets and Black ICE. You will be fine now. :D
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

LianSheng

Post by LianSheng » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:49 pm

3ly wrote:
LianSheng wrote:Hello everyone, this is my network:
KRAKEN!!
Haha! I know, but I want get more rep., so this is a risk. :lol:
I can hack lvl 41~62 players. However, lvl 50+ players more than 90%....
2017/02/19
>Core 12
>Level 48
>Rep 1.4k

HSB@54

Post by HSB@54 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:51 pm

3ly wrote:
HSB@54 wrote:What about this? Dont think it suffices.. http://m.imgur.com/Xh9X0yB
Whats with that connection at the back? It ruins the branching of your resources. Also, your Database and Mixer should be the 9th node from netc. Switch furthest Mine with Mixer and furthest Farm with Database. I don't think that Sentry at the back is necessary so switch it out for a 2nd Scanner. Keep this Scanner at level 1 and use this as the choke point instead of that level 2/3 Scanner. You can keep the level 2/3 Scanner at the 2nd Code Gate. Switch Core with Evolver so attacker doesn't have 5 slots to beam the hell out of your gate.

Some other stuff you might want to do:
Switch Black ICE with Turret on the right and disconnect Black ICE from Turret such that AV can reach both Turrets instantly and Black ICE is only connected to Guardian and Scanner. This way the attacker won't be able to use that 5 slots to blast your entire defense apart. AV can still spread to Black ICE fast enough through the Guardian.

That should be it. Hope I helped.
Thank you for your great advice Sir.. My remodelled base is here : http://m.imgur.com/3zLAoRc

absoluteAquarian

Post by absoluteAquarian » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:25 pm

HSB@54 wrote:
3ly wrote:
HSB@54 wrote:What about this? Dont think it suffices.. http://m.imgur.com/Xh9X0yB
Whats with that connection at the back? It ruins the branching of your resources. Also, your Database and Mixer should be the 9th node from netc. Switch furthest Mine with Mixer and furthest Farm with Database. I don't think that Sentry at the back is necessary so switch it out for a 2nd Scanner. Keep this Scanner at level 1 and use this as the choke point instead of that level 2/3 Scanner. You can keep the level 2/3 Scanner at the 2nd Code Gate. Switch Core with Evolver so attacker doesn't have 5 slots to beam the hell out of your gate.

Switch Black ICE with Turret on the right and disconnect Black ICE from Turret such that AV can reach both Turrets instantly and Black ICE is only connected to Guardian and Scanner. This way the attacker won't be able to use that 5 slots to blast your entire defense apart. AV can still spread to Black ICE fast enough through the Guardian.

Thank you for your great advice Sir.. My remodelled base is here : http://m.imgur.com/3zLAoRc
Great defense! I would suggest the following.
Replace one B-Coin Mine and Server Farm with a Black Ice and Turret. Your defense is lacking in defensive nodes.
Swap your high level Scanner with your low leveled one. Use the low leveled one as a choke. Use your other Scanner as a choke with the Turret and Black Ice I mentioned before.
Otherwise, it's a great setup!
- Albert Einstein

( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ)

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 pm

HSB@54 wrote:
3ly wrote:

Oh boy, that base is a hacker's wet dream...
1) get rid of 1 server farm and 1 mine and replace them with some security nodes, like turret and black ice
2) why do people with cores lvl 8 and lower keep building 4 net connections? get rid of one
3) move the net connection from your gate to somewhere else if you didn't delete it in step 2)
4) switch library and evolver
5) that lone library at the end does nothing, move it inside your network so it can act as a distraction and attack with AV
6) one sentry is not enough, when it's being upgraded your defensive power gets cut in half