Post by idanmo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:17 am

Here is my network structure, I'd like for suggestions:

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Fluffington » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:03 am

idanmo wrote:Here is my network structure, I'd like for suggestions:

1. Only 1 sentry?
You really need at least 2 sentries for a decent network. 3 may be a bit over but 2 is highly recommended. If that sentry get's wraith'ed, that's no antivirus for you. I would put the 2nd sentry to the back with your resources for starters.

2. Your core is easily krakenable
More information here for anti kraken designs

3. Your choke point is really weak
The evolver (a good choke point) is not backed up with good defences. Right now it's just a black ICE guarding it. Back it up with another turret or something.

4. Fix your code gate
What is that code gate at the bottom doing? It's not being effective as it is not acting as a barrier as it should be. A good place to put it might be in front of the evolver

5. Weak back area
Once someone portals behind you, GG. There's nothing guarding those resources. I would split up my defences:
One-third to one-half in the middle section, the rest at the back to protect your beloved resources

Hope that helps!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

darknight912

Post by darknight912 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:28 am

Fluffington wrote:
darknight912 wrote:Thankyou so much for your help!!

btw i upgrade my core to level 6.. so now i gave 2 black ice, 2 code gate,2 scanner, 1 guardian .. you have any design ideas with this setup..

it will really help me!!

thankyou!!
Show us what you have at the moment. I personally don't have two scanners so i cant really make a network to show you an example

so i delete one scanner because to many nodes!! this is updated one what you think?
screen_shot_10-11 (Custom).jpg
screen_shot_10-11 (Custom).jpg (128.31 KiB) Viewed 3214 times

Stikman

Post by Stikman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:34 am

Hi
I have ssen this from other player so i try it just ther is the protector node i will put it on vonnection with all turet for more efficacity

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Stikman wrote:Hi
I have ssen this from other player so i try it just ther is the protector node i will put it on vonnection with all turet for more efficacity
What...
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

GeneralSeay

Post by GeneralSeay » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:49 pm

It's not very clear but there's a second code gate hiding behind (but not connected to) that upper black ice.

This is my base, I designed it against kraken and stealth attacks.

The idea going into the security cluster was having 2 layers of defense that would support each other and would target different nodes on the shortest path to the core. So the 2 turrets in layer 1 aren't connected to each other but they're both connected to the level 1 scanner and to each of the defensive nodes in layer 2. Layer 2 is comprised of 2 black ices and a turret, again they aren't connected to each other but they're all connected to the guardian, the 2 defensive nodes in layer 1 and the sentry at the back of the cluster.

I know I need another sentry in case of a wraith attack but I don't know what to get rid of to make room for it. Any suggestions? One of my scanners maybe?

How would this be for a change: moving that first first code gate up in front of the level 1 scanner? And/or maybe moving some or all of my resources to instead connect to the back of that sentry?

And yes, I am upgrading both of my b-coin mines at the same time. I know it's a terrible move on my part.

Edit: The picture isn't very clear but my core recently became level 6 however most of my nodes haven't been upgraded to reflect that yet.

Silken

Post by Silken » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:27 pm

GeneralSeay wrote:Image
It's not very clear but there's a second code gate hiding behind (but not connected to) that upper black ice.

The idea going into the security cluster was having 2 layers of defense that would support each other and would target different nodes on the shortest path to the core. So the 2 turrets in layer 1 aren't connected to each other but they're both connected to the level 1 scanner and to each of the defensive nodes in layer 2. Layer 2 is comprised of 2 black ices and a turret, again they aren't connected to each other but they're all connected to the guardian, the 2 defensive nodes in layer 1 and the sentry at the back of the cluster.

I know I need another sentry in case of a wraith attack but I don't know what to get rid of to make room for it. Any suggestions? One of my scanners maybe?

How would this be for a change: moving that first first code gate up in front of the level 1 scanner? And/or maybe moving some or all of my resources to instead connect to the back of that sentry?

And yes, I am upgrading both of my b-coin mines at the same time. I know it's a terrible move on my part.

Edit: The picture isn't very clear but my core recently became level 6 however most of my nodes haven't been upgraded to reflect that yet.
Ok firstly that doesn't stop stealth whatsoever, even taking into account your level. If you have a scanner choke point, the second scanner needs to be levelled and three nodes away from the net connection. Probably with at least two code walls in front as well. You have your second scanner at the back.

On the Kraken. Ok look, lots of people will just tell you to move your Core to the front and not try to defend against Kraken. But I'm going to actually start looking into Kraken defences myself. I'm so bored of Core's at the front.

So a guardian choke point against Kraken is probably the worst you can do. The guardian has 4 spaces for programs. So taking into account the one taken up by the kraken, they still have three progam spaces for defence and you won't be able to cut the kraken off.

Kraken defences, need to have high sentries and pathway of nodes with security coming in from the sides. Or a low firewall going into a code gate, again with high sentry/security trying to 'cut' the kraken.

I think you need to rethink. At the moment your base is open to pretty much all types of attacks.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

GeneralSeay

Post by GeneralSeay » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Silken wrote:
GeneralSeay wrote:Image

Ok firstly that doesn't stop stealth whatsoever, even taking into account your level. If you have a scanner choke point, the second scanner needs to be levelled and three nodes away from the net connection. Probably with at least two code walls in front as well. You have your second scanner at the back.

On the Kraken. Ok look, lots of people will just tell you to move your Core to the front and not try to defend against Kraken. But I'm going to actually start looking into Kraken defences myself. I'm so bored of Core's at the front.

So a guardian choke point against Kraken is probably the worst you can do. The guardian has 4 spaces for programs. So taking into account the one taken up by the kraken, they still have three progam spaces for defence and you won't be able to cut the kraken off.

Kraken defences, need to have high sentries and pathway of nodes with security coming in from the sides. Or a low firewall going into a code gate, again with high sentry/security trying to 'cut' the kraken.

I think you need to rethink. At the moment your base is open to pretty much all types of attacks.
How about this?
It seems really insecure to most comps but is it at least a start for kraken and stealth?

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:02 pm

GeneralSeay wrote:
How about this?
It seems really insecure to most comps but is it at least a start for kraken and stealth?

I actually think that it is quite good start for antistealth and anti kraken with core still having some protection. For your level I think that these two points are checked.
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

K-matsui23

Post by K-matsui23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:16 am

Hi can anyone help me out, I'm really struggling on creating a good defense.. I seem to be easily hacked and it's really confusing me! I'm constantly changing my defense but I don't know if it's any better or worse.. Thank you so much guys :) sorry it's a small image, they've got a size limit :(
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 01.12.42.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 01.12.42.png (181.21 KiB) Viewed 3168 times