Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
Bumbledolt

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Bumbledolt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:52 am

Fluffington wrote:
Bumbledolt wrote:Image
No copy pasta please.
Suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Would like someone to get to my resources everyone tried but no one got to my resources.
Legal also failed to get to my resources.
Looks good to me. My main concern is the guardian. You want it to give shields to as many nodes as possible. It has a relatively low firewall too so it can be taken back quickly if it is well guarded.

Guardians guard security nodes
Security nodes defend guardians

Another small thing is the first scanner connected to the two black ice. May I suggest doing this? This way the sentry can spread anti virus faster.

Otherwise, looks great! Hope that helped!
Hmm thanks for replying i know Guardian gives shield to security nodes but i have connected it to that specific code gate because i have previously connected it to those two Golden Turrets but when players hold it down with a Protector and Ice wall and put 2 beam cannons making my defense go down fast.( You should suggest players to not connect guardian with many nodes because it have a too many slots in it making players defense go down faster.)
After that i made changes and bought another scanner and connected it to those two turrets making them take my turrets go down slow and my aim is to waste time of players. When players attack my last CG it wastes players so much time because of the protection of Guardian plus CG's own protection.
Lastly if i connect the first sentry with the second black ice players will hold the sentry and take down my both Black ice without wasting much resources.
People think these simple tree like structures are completely useless but these structures wastes people many resources and time.
No one is able to get to my resources and its nearly a month now that i have this base.
Correct me if iam wrong anywhere.
Thanks
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:20 am

Bumbledolt wrote:Hmm thanks for replying i know Guardian gives shield to security nodes but i have connected it to that specific code gate because i have previously connected it to those two Golden Turrets but when players hold it down with a Protector and Ice wall and put 2 beam cannons making my defense go down fast.( You should suggest players to not connect guardian with many nodes because it have a too many slots in it making players defense go down faster.)
After that i made changes and bought another scanner and connected it to those two turrets making them take my turrets go down slow and my aim is to waste time of players. When players attack my last CG it wastes players so much time because of the protection of Guardian plus CG's own protection.
Lastly if i connect the first sentry with the second black ice players will hold the sentry and take down my both Black ice without wasting much resources.
People think these simple tree like structures are completely useless but these structures wastes people many resources and time.
No one is able to get to my resources and its nearly a month now that i have this base.
Correct me if iam wrong anywhere.
Thanks
Fair enough. I was just giving out my thoughts for the base. I'll be honest and say that I've never tried tree bases before. If it works for you, I have no problem with doing it your way.

The only thing I will strongly disagree on is the guardian. If you attach it behind your defence nodes, the attacker will have an extra shield to get through. Like maybe attach it up to your sentry/resources at the back.

If its behind, you aren't giving away the guardian. If you are having trouble with dealing with protectors, upgrade your defences, especially black ICE as it does does massive damage with one "orb"
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:44 am

Hallo fellow hackers!

I just upgraded to core 9 and felt that my network was in dire need of reworking. Was thinking some time and finally finished it.
I need your ideas about it, how would you hack it. Becouse honestly if I were to attack me I´d go for it after first look at network, but according to my reason it should be well done and thought out.

My priorities were:
Disabling the possibility of portaling behind defences.
Getting it as hardest as possible to get the resources.

Last question is What to build as last node?
I have one node slot free and don´t know what to use it for.
1, I have one Bcoin mixer currently at lvl13 so I think that getting one more might me nice, but its my least favorite option.
2, I have 90 program slots, so buy third library or still not needed (playing in low rep fields) plus still can make +10 slots by upgrading current libraries.
3, Getting 4th turret or 2nd guardian. I would like my defence to be as hardest as it could get so my own opinion is making another turret but just solo turrent cant do much aiming at single point.

Please share your opinions about network and what to build!

Thank you all =)

Link for network screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/OoBcJ
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

jimmyshoes

Post by jimmyshoes » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:16 am

Fluffington wrote:
I think this design is pretty good. Good use of a scanner choke point and resource diversion.

If you're worried about kraken, easiest way is to move the core right next to the netConnections like this.

Of course this would make you lose rep, but it seems like you are more worried about your resources atm so it might not be a bad idea. Again, more information against defending against kraken here. Just scroll down to the kraken section.

If you dont want to move your core, I think your core section is a little awkward. May I suggest this?

This creates a choke point at the evolver using the black ICE as firepower and the core as a tank. The guardian helps protect those two nodes and the sentry also instantly spreads it's antivirus to the black ICE.

Otherwise, I really like the base design. Hope that helps!
Thanks Fluffington! I rearranged my core defenses like you suggested, should help.

I'll wait and see if Kraken keeps destroying me, or if the changes help. Then, if needed, I'll move my core near a net connection, reputation be damned :lol:

Have a good one!

Warhead

Post by Warhead » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Fluffington wrote: Nice first attempt. So you tried doing a snake design.

When the hacker reaches your compiler, the turret and black ICE will 2v1 that red compiler. With high enough power, this battle over the evolver should be in your favour.

Hope that helps!
Thanks. It certainly did. :D

It seemed logical to do a 'snake' design (now I know the name haha) but with that explanation, I will still do the same, but with actual choke points :lol:

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Warhead wrote:
Fluffington wrote: Nice first attempt. So you tried doing a snake design.

When the hacker reaches your compiler, the turret and black ICE will 2v1 that red compiler. With high enough power, this battle over the evolver should be in your favour.

Hope that helps!
Thanks. It certainly did. :D

It seemed logical to do a 'snake' design (now I know the name haha) but with that explanation, I will still do the same, but with actual choke points :lol:
Snake designs with choke points are probably the best design in the game imo.

The have the advantages of a snake design, having resources/core kept at the very back and the advantages of a cluster, having certain choke points to mess with the attacker.

So you're on the right track!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Sp3ctr3

Post by Sp3ctr3 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 pm

This is my layout what do you think?
https://postimg.org/image/gwmgddlnf/a19c9bd7/

Philosophil

Post by Philosophil » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:50 pm

My humble design. "The venous noob trap" Lol This week everything is getting upgraded to max based on core lvl 8 before moving to nine.
Attachments
0_0_0_0_Screenshot_2016-11-06-07-21-02.png
0_0_0_0_Screenshot_2016-11-06-07-21-02.png (190.14 KiB) Viewed 2055 times

Silken

Post by Silken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Philosophil wrote:My humble design. "The venous noob trap" Lol This week everything is getting upgraded to max based on core lvl 8 before moving to nine.
There's a lot I don't like about that base.

1. Sentry to two code gates. This means only one ram is required.
2. Security nodes protecting core. This is a waste. If you are going to protect your core the best setup I can think of at the moment is low level node going to code gate and core. Code gate has sentry behind it. This means because of priority order, when on the low level node, the attacking force will go for the core. The code gate with anti virus has a chance to take out the low node.
3. You have no choke point.
4. You have no stealth defence. But in fairest you did say you are consolidating defences.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Cibian

Post by Cibian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 pm

I would like people to check out my network. What's good? What's bad? Please and thank you =)
Attachments
networkresize.png
networkresize.png (242 KiB) Viewed 2041 times