Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
Tormented_soul

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Tormented_soul » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Synchi wrote:I just play in 3 days but no one hack my network.
And I do not know why.

This is my network architecture
Core lvl 3
1 Sentry
2 Turrent
2 Server farm
2 B coin

High Quality Picture
Screenshot_2016-11-02-00-14-09-320x180.png

Question
1. How about my current network ?
2. Should I do, add, move thing next ?

Thanks for every suggestion.

With your level this is insignificant. People will just brute force their way into the core.
I suggest protecting resources than core.
But I do love hacking easy core. I find trashtalking amusing and have players retaliate spending time and resources to hack my core at the end of the line.

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 am

Orchid-Mantis wrote:Looks beautiful! And once you can swap out that front Sentry for a Scanner that will significantly increase your defense. You may have to lose your symmetry when you have to add a third Net Connection, but, IMO it will be worth it to just slide over that entry lineup just one notch down.
yea, the sentry placement are a little bit off, I already move the sentry to the back to protect code gate. and I actually planned to place scanner in there, and I will work a new design for the third connection to make it look symmetrical somehow. :D
iSpy wrote:There's 2 major weak points in your design. The central program library and the turret connecting to the code gate.

The program library positioning allows for attackers to use the node for additional firepower to remove the code gates. You want to use the code gates as a way of wasting attackers time.

The turrets provide attackers 4 slots to use when attacking the code gate.

My advise would be to move a collector between the code gate and the turret on either side and replace the program library to somewhere it cannot be used to leverage.

Other than that, your base is fine. However, if it were myself i would structure it so that the attacker has no option but to go through both code gates, whereas in your design the attacker need only choose one. But you'd lose the symmetrical design in doing so, so perhaps not :lol:
I actually thinking the same about placing in the middle of codegate, but most attackers never use that route, somehow it takes more effort to take over that library.
thanks for the advise, I planned to connect a codegate to a 3 slot node in the future when I get a change to install new nodes.
Akronno wrote:Your setup looks just fine. Only thing I would change is your first sentry. Try changing it for a scanner when possible. Sentries have higher firewall and you may have some trouble taking it back. Once changed for the sentry you'll have a very solid architecture.
yes, I actually move it to the middle of defense so it wouldn't waste in the very first when someone attacked.
Hackercritic wrote:Unfortunately a kraken would probably wreck your base. Other than that looks pretty good.
yeah, I also thinking a kraken would be wrecked my network since my core connection all used, but fortunately in my current level there's no enemies using kraken. I keep it in lower rank so no high level would attack me.
I will work on new design to counter a kraken somehow.

thanks for the feedback.

Tormented_soul

Post by Tormented_soul » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 am

Hackercritic wrote:Unfortunately a kraken would probably wreck your base. Other than that looks pretty good.
yeah, I also thinking a kraken would be wrecked my network since my core connection all used, but fortunately in my current level there's no enemies using kraken. I keep it in lower rank so no high level would attack me.
I will work on new design to counter a kraken somehow.

thanks for the feedback.[/quote]

Easy put your core at the starting node

Bumbledolt

Post by Bumbledolt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:50 pm

No copy pasta please.
Suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Would like someone to get to my resources everyone tried but no one got to my resources.
Legal also failed to get to my resources.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

Warhead

Post by Warhead » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:07 pm

This is my current build - still being build as you can see.

The Sentry should install the anti-virus at the Turret in 0,5 seconds and then go on to the Black ICE.
At the end the Sentry should keep on installing the anti-virus software every 20 seconds from 'back to front'.

I am still pondering where to put my second Turret. I think I am going to connect it between my Black ICE and my 'first' Sentry.

Any thoughts on my first try?

Nanix

Post by Nanix » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Figured I would post mine, so far it seems to be working really well. Had this setup for about 3 weeks now
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

K.I.L.L.J.O.Y

Post by K.I.L.L.J.O.Y » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:24 am

This is my Network build or more commonly known as PROJECT: Block v1

on a side note im also playing this game on a pc though a phone emulator XD as well as on my phone >:P
the only problem with the emulator is the flashing triangles when the screen is so big XD

Also i am doing a video of my replays on how my network evolved to this state so ill post it here when its done

And well i might be a lv 10 pushing 11 but i think i play like a 14 XD

legal

Post by legal » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:35 am

Bumbledolt wrote:Image
No copy pasta please.
Would like someone to get to my resources everyone tried but no one got to my resources.
that is only because I hit the wrong button a few times dont worry next time I'll take everything
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

jimmyshoes

Post by jimmyshoes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:02 am

Hey, I'm back, thanks for previous tips, and suggestions.

So I've got my core to lvl 6 now, and some more defense, but lately at lvl 18, then 19, I'm getting hacked a few times a day by higher lvls using Kraken. Usually 2 or 3 Krakens used, and nothing seems to stop those. Which has halted my upgrades and developments due to not being able to build money to 250k and B to 8k.

So, I've made a bunch of changes, and moved my resources away from the core, with the 2 large storages behind a code gate.

How is it looking, think this will be more effective?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_20161104-024624_1.jpg
Screenshot_20161104-024624_1.jpg (120.55 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:04 am

Bumbledolt wrote:Image
No copy pasta please.
Looks good to me. My main concern is the guardian. You want it to give shields to as many nodes as possible. It has a relatively low firewall too so it can be taken back quickly if it is well guarded.

Guardians guard security nodes
Security nodes defend guardians

Another small thing is the first scanner connected to the two black ice. May I suggest doing this? This way the sentry can spread anti virus faster.

Otherwise, looks great! Hope that helped!
Warhead wrote:Image

This is my current build - still being build as you can see.

The Sentry should install the anti-virus at the Turret in 0,5 seconds and then go on to the Black ICE.
At the end the Sentry should keep on installing the anti-virus software every 20 seconds from 'back to front'.

I am still pondering where to put my second Turret. I think I am going to connect it between my Black ICE and my 'first' Sentry.

Any thoughts on my first try?
Nice first attempt. So you tried doing a snake design. In some cases its effective, but most of the time, the attacker and easily 1v1 a node. Know what I'm saying? A beam cannon will 90% beat a antivirus. To counter this, make choke points so that you can 2v1 or 3v1 some nodes.

The link above gives you a long explanation on what it is, but here's a quick example using your turret and black ice:

When the hacker reaches your compiler, the turret and black ICE will 2v1 that red compiler. With high enough power, this battle over the evolver should be in your favour.

Hope that helps!
Nanix wrote:Image

Figured I would post mine, so far it seems to be working really well. Had this setup for about 3 weeks now
You put the wrong link in between the Image

on a side note im also playing this game on a pc though a phone emulator XD as well as on my phone >:P
the only problem with the emulator is the flashing triangles when the screen is so big XD

Also i am doing a video of my replays on how my network evolved to this state so ill post it here when its done

And well i might be a lv 10 pushing 11 but i think i play like a 14 XD[/quote]

Nice design. Pretty good for a starting design.

My main concern for this base is that the defence cluster is way too close - especially that sentry. I know it will spread immediately, but put the compiler in front of the sentry and you should be fine.

Generally networks layouts should be in 4 groups: netConnections -which-lead-to-> hacking nodes -which-lead-to-> security nodes -which-lead-to-> business nodes. That compiler should join the hacking nodes group.

Looking good! Hope that helps!
jimmyshoes wrote:Hey, I'm back, thanks for previous tips, and suggestions.

So I've got my core to lvl 6 now, and some more defense, but lately at lvl 18, then 19, I'm getting hacked a few times a day by higher lvls using Kraken. Usually 2 or 3 Krakens used, and nothing seems to stop those. Which has halted my upgrades and developments due to not being able to build money to 250k and B to 8k.

So, I've made a bunch of changes, and moved my resources away from the core, with the 2 large storages behind a code gate.

How is it looking, think this will be more effective?

Thanks!
I think this design is pretty good. Good use of a scanner choke point and resource diversion.

If you're worried about kraken, easiest way is to move the core right next to the netConnections like this.

Of course this would make you lose rep, but it seems like you are more worried about your resources atm so it might not be a bad idea. Again, more information against defending against kraken here. Just scroll down to the kraken section.

If you dont want to move your core, I think your core section is a little awkward. May I suggest this?

This creates a choke point at the evolver using the black ICE as firepower and the core as a tank. The guardian helps protect those two nodes and the sentry also instantly spreads it's antivirus to the black ICE.

Otherwise, I really like the base design. Hope that helps!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)