Network Build screenshots

Best strategies of building your network
Starficz

Re: Network Build screenshots

Post by Starficz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:03 am

Hello! Back again at core 5, in using the same strat as last time which is to basically confuse my enemy to death. Any tips?

legal

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:07 am

Starficz wrote:Hello! Back again at core 5, in using the same strat as last time which is to basically confuse my enemy to death. Any tips?
took me 3 seconds to figure out a path to your resources, confusion is not a good way to keep people from attacking you. What you need to do is try less complex and set up traps that will slow down those attacking your network. Again confusion not good, as really it is not that confusing. try and make a networ that causes dead ends and choke points that is what is going to stop people from attacking your network.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Starficz

Post by Starficz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:20 am

legal wrote:took me 3 seconds to figure out a path to your resources, confusion is not a good way to keep people from attacking you. What you need to do is try less complex and set up traps that will slow down those attacking your network. Again confusion not good, as really it is not that confusing. try and make a networ that causes dead ends and choke points that is what is going to stop people from attacking your network.
Oh but you see the entire thing is a trap, from my calculations even the most direct path is going from evolver > turret > mine/farm > black ice > compiler > code gate. The evolver and compiler both have 2 security nodes on it. Any programs on the first turret is going to attack the first sentry instead of the farm. The sentry is also connected to an antivirus code gate and nobody is going to spend a blaster/ram on that code gate which means the sentry is going to retaken eventually. Basically my strategy is to make the attacker have to watch so many things at once there going to mess up and run out of ice walls.

legal

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:40 am

Starficz wrote:
legal wrote:took me 3 seconds to figure out a path to your resources, confusion is not a good way to keep people from attacking you. What you need to do is try less complex and set up traps that will slow down those attacking your network. Again confusion not good, as really it is not that confusing. try and make a networ that causes dead ends and choke points that is what is going to stop people from attacking your network.
Oh but you see the entire thing is a trap, from my calculations even the most direct path is going from evolver > turret > mine/farm > black ice > compiler > code gate. The evolver and compiler both have 2 security nodes on it. Any programs on the first turret is going to attack the first sentry instead of the farm. The sentry is also connected to an antivirus code gate and nobody is going to spend a blaster/ram on that code gate which means the sentry is going to retaken eventually. Basically my strategy is to make the attacker have to watch so many things at once there going to mess up and run out of ice walls.
thing is all you need is 3 protectors and I would blast thru all that with little to no problem. If I can see others can see it. Not only that like I said there is a direct path straight to your resources and I would go striaght for those resources and honestly only take 1 protector and 2 ice walls. What you said sounds impressive, but simple fact is your network screams you do not know what you are doing, I'd hit you take your resources and be gone with little to no cost. Sorry but you are over thinking it. try a simplistic approach when you design your net work. it would work better. you think it is confusing but it really is not. Plus I can skip one of your CG which lowers the cost even more. seriously
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Starficz

Post by Starficz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:20 am

legal wrote: thing is all you need is 3 protectors and I would blast thru all that with little to no problem. If I can see others can see it. Not only that like I said there is a direct path straight to your resources and I would go striaght for those resources and honestly only take 1 protector and 2 ice walls. What you said sounds impressive, but simple fact is your network screams you do not know what you are doing, I'd hit you take your resources and be gone with little to no cost. Sorry but you are over thinking it. try a simplistic approach when you design your net work. it would work better. you think it is confusing but it really is not. Plus I can skip one of your CG which lowers the cost even more. seriously
I dunno man you might be right about this, but on my old network which was posted on here all these guys basically failed.
Again you might be right, I just find what your saying really hard to believe.

legal

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:17 am

Starficz wrote:
legal wrote: thing is all you need is 3 protectors and I would blast thru all that with little to no problem. If I can see others can see it. Not only that like I said there is a direct path straight to your resources and I would go striaght for those resources and honestly only take 1 protector and 2 ice walls. What you said sounds impressive, but simple fact is your network screams you do not know what you are doing, I'd hit you take your resources and be gone with little to no cost. Sorry but you are over thinking it. try a simplistic approach when you design your net work. it would work better. you think it is confusing but it really is not. Plus I can skip one of your CG which lowers the cost even more. seriously
I dunno man you might be right about this, but on my old network which was posted on here all these guys basically failed.
Again you might be right, I just find what your saying really hard to believe.
you should double up your code gates, to make the cost higher, second You need to move all your resources to the back end and bottle neck your defenses into something with a low fire wall so it can be easily taken back by your defenses. It is actually really simple. Study other's defensives and see what they are doing play with it a bit and you will see a huge difference. Here is the link to my previous network viewtopic.php?f=10&t=340 check it out see how simple it is, I have had a total of 2 successful attacks both being stealth, which is hard to defend against. I have seen a level 33 fail against the set up in that tread.

4hmeth

Post by 4hmeth » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Bumbledolt wrote: If you want your network tested tell me your hackers reputation i will post a video of it in here along with flaws.
I'm farming 400-500, sir.

Starficz

Post by Starficz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:18 pm

legal wrote: you should double up your code gates, to make the cost higher, second You need to move all your resources to the back end and bottle neck your defenses into something with a low fire wall so it can be easily taken back by your defenses. It is actually really simple. Study other's defensives and see what they are doing play with it a bit and you will see a huge difference. Here is the link to my previous network viewtopic.php?f=10&t=340 check it out see how simple it is, I have had a total of 2 successful attacks both being stealth, which is hard to defend against. I have seen a level 33 fail against the set up in that tread.
I could put my code gate so it's actually a block and not a slow turret, but when I was core 4 I tried the method of focusing both turrets and my black ice to a scanner, only to have a simple ice wall+shuriken attack take down all my defenses. As for resources, I check in on the game every few hours so at most there's going to be a less then 10k gold and 300b-coin x (percentage attackers can actually take) in my mines/farms so I'm not too worried there.

legal

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Starficz wrote:
legal wrote: you should double up your code gates, to make the cost higher, second You need to move all your resources to the back end and bottle neck your defenses into something with a low fire wall so it can be easily taken back by your defenses. It is actually really simple. Study other's defensives and see what they are doing play with it a bit and you will see a huge difference. Here is the link to my previous network viewtopic.php?f=10&t=340 check it out see how simple it is, I have had a total of 2 successful attacks both being stealth, which is hard to defend against. I have seen a level 33 fail against the set up in that tread.
I could put my code gate so it's actually a block and not a slow turret, but when I was core 4 I tried the method of focusing both turrets and my black ice to a scanner, only to have a simple ice wall+shuriken attack take down all my defenses. As for resources, I check in on the game every few hours so at most there's going to be a less then 10k gold and 300b-coin x (percentage attackers can actually take) in my mines/farms so I'm not too worried there.
Every defense can be taken down with the right programs, I rip thru most defenses, the point is to slow them down and to make them waste as much resources as possible. so it is less profitable at best. That's how I do my base at least.

1337 Health

Post by 1337 Health » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Had to crop it, but I'm a level 12.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (253.81 KiB) Viewed 2789 times