Help with core lv 8 layout (lv 40 player)

Best strategies of building your network
C2k

Help with core lv 8 layout (lv 40 player)

Post by C2k » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi, new to the forum. I read some threads on here to come up with a resource protection base, don't care about rep. I feel like a high percentage of resources can be looted in fairly quick succession, so saving for upgrade is tough, but it could also be my network

I tried to play this like CoC, wait to upgrade core till everything is maxed (or close), but I think that's hurt my def ability. Anywho, any advice and preferably screenshots​ would be greatly appreciated!! My sentry in the back is about to be lv 13 and core is lv 8.

Having trouble embedding images from imgur
http://imgur.com/a/5FmDN
Last edited by C2k on Thu May 04, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PerseVerAnce

Re: Help with core lv 8 layout

Post by PerseVerAnce » Mon May 01, 2017 12:43 am

C2k wrote:Image
1. Your network is vulnerable to Stealth. Any level Stealth can currently use Portal to bypass your first Choke Point completely and Portal onto the Sentry at the back. The easiest way to defend against Portal is to use double Code Gate at the front. Adding that 1 extra Code gate would require them to have level 6 Stealth to do the same. You can then further upgrade your Scanner to defend even more.

2. The first Scanner choke point with the Core stall isn't as useful as it could be, because you have no Antivirus at the front. A setup like that is really good if you can get high level Antivirus on it though. You could consider moving it further back.

3. If you're trying to use the Sentry at the back as a choke point, then I wouldn't recommend leveling it. Sentry already isn't the best choke point since it has 4 program slots. You also only have a single Black ICE connected to it, which probably isn't going to do much. So as it stands, it's just an easy way to take down that Code Gate. It would be best if either it was level 1 with 2 Security nodes attached, or if it was a node that only has 3 Program slots.

4. Similarly, I wouldn't recommend leveling the Guardian if you're just going to use it as a Choke Point.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

C2k

Post by C2k » Mon May 01, 2017 5:57 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:
C2k wrote:Image
1. Your network is vulnerable to Stealth. Any level Stealth can currently use Portal to bypass your first Choke Point completely and Portal onto the Sentry at the back. The easiest way to defend against Portal is to use double Code Gate at the front. Adding that 1 extra Code gate would require them to have level 6 Stealth to do the same. You can then further upgrade your Scanner to defend even more.

2. The first Scanner choke point with the Core stall isn't as useful as it could be, because you have no Antivirus at the front. A setup like that is really good if you can get high level Antivirus on it though. You could consider moving it further back.

3. If you're trying to use the Sentry at the back as a choke point, then I wouldn't recommend leveling it. Sentry already isn't the best choke point since it has 4 program slots. You also only have a single Black ICE connected to it, which probably isn't going to do much. So as it stands, it's just an easy way to take down that Code Gate. It would be best if either it was level 1 with 2 Security nodes attached, or if it was a node that only has 3 Program slots.

4. Similarly, I wouldn't recommend leveling the Guardian if you're just going to use it as a Choke Point.

Thank you for the suggestions! I read that it was controversial to use the guardian like that as a choke point. I changed my choke point and code Gates, I really am getting killed by stealth. And people are looting about 30% of my resources! Compared to 5% on CoC lol. How does this look?

Again thank you for all your suggestions!!

http://imgur.com/a/UFG0F

Edit: The thing is, I would attack my base. With some protectors and blasters it's easy. I dislike attacking bases that are a huge jumble because I lose track of everything. So before the changes I made, I was fully hacked and they used stealth. Last night after changes, fully hacked using brute force.

Any tips for current design, screenshots or links to a better design layout, or thoughts/advice if I upgrade core?

C2k

Post by C2k » Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Bump

Also, is kraken a good program for higher level players? Upgrading it to lv 3 then maybe lv 4 if people use it in upper levels.

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am

C2k wrote:Bump

Also, is kraken a good program for higher level players? Upgrading it to lv 3 then maybe lv 4 if people use it in upper levels.
Level 47 here, max rep of 2100.
I havent even unlocked kraken yet.

C2k

Post by C2k » Thu May 04, 2017 4:30 pm

[/quote]Level 47 here, max rep of 2100.
I havent even unlocked kraken yet.[/quote]

I'm lv 40 with lv 8 core. All my upgrades are 2-3M atm, but was it stupid to max everything before upgrading core? Also, any tips on my base design? Or if you have any tips on how to move forward, as in should I keep upgrading def or start working on core, and if so what should I build (after upgrade)? Both scanners lv 9. Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Tl;dr was it stupid to not upgrade core, how's my new base layout, how should I proceed from here?

Crack69

Re: Help with core lv 8 layout (lv 40 player)

Post by Crack69 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:47 pm

You're wasting that evolver. Not sure how to insert it into our current net setup.
You could also try branching out your resource storage to avoid using nodes with high firewall as choke points
Here's my net setup as an example: https://imgur.com/gallery/vP4Rg
See how my storages are branched off from the turret and guardian?. Also as you may see almost all my choke points are made using low weak nodes
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

C2k

Post by C2k » Thu May 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Crack69 wrote:You're wasting that evolver. Not sure how to insert it into our current net setup.
You could also try branching out your resource storage to avoid using nodes with high firewall as choke points
Here's my net setup as an example: https://imgur.com/gallery/vP4Rg
See how my storages are branched off from the turret and guardian?. Also as you may see almost all my choke points are made using low weak nodes
I moved my evolver to the back to help protect storages (with sentry). Branching out like you did isn't a bad idea, but stealth was killing me till I upgraded and moved scanners, so they're more useful in front; I can't let someone disable my higher lv sentry. I don't have too many weak nodes for choke points unfortunately... I think I'll upgrade core and build code gate and program library (instead of turret). It'd be nice to have a 3rd choke point but idk how I'd set that up with weak nodes/core in front/no extra def.

Idk if kraken is effective at higher levels, used to be a beast tho.

g0dl1k3

Post by g0dl1k3 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:02 pm

how's my new base layout, how should I proceed from here?
i would delete one of the scanners and the lower sentury. replace the scanner at the choke with one on lv 1 makes it more difficult to hold the poin espacilly with the high sentury and put the high scanner at the side (i would preffer it on the secound gate)). build a new sentury, you just need one high leveld, and place it where the database choke is at the moment
g0d - attacking for resources, not rep

IGN : .... G0dl1k3 ...... Prophet
Lvl : ..... 46 ............... 6
Core : ... 12 ............... 4
Rep : .... ~0 - <500 ... ~0 - <500

Stores are filled, so give my system a try and leave a massage

Crack69

Post by Crack69 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Post image with updated net. Also forgot to mention that those black ice choke points are suicidal. Once they'll get them they'll just spam beams and wipe out your storages in no time. Also never interconnect high level storages. That just gives the attacker more nodes to place beams to speed up the capture. See mine
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile