Construction network to counter protector and shocker?

Best strategies of building your network
PandaKing

Construction network to counter protector and shocker?

Postby PandaKing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 am

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone have some defense setup that can stop shocker and protector combo?
When these two are used together it seems there is no solution to prevent it overtaking the entire choke point.
All they need to do was add blaster/beams and done, maybe occasionally refilling the ICE/Protector.

Of course with everything, it can be countered with high level defenses, but that's not realistic as programs can be leveled up as well.
Hoping someone would like to share the secret to countering the combo.

Duffman123

Re: Construction network to counter protector and shocker?

Postby Duffman123 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:28 am

There is a problem...
- Counter Shocker
Do the less connections as possible, that way, the shocker just freezes 1 to 2 nodes but, you need to put the core neither as far as possible or be connected directly to a NetConnection, basically, I would do a centipede-like network, this one is a not-so-efficient anti-shoker network but, it is still tricky to compromise, also, this has a anti-kraken:
IMG_20170408_233840_310.jpg
A not very precise anti-shocker net.
IMG_20170408_233840_310.jpg (66.54 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

- Counter Protector
This needs a excellent defenses that you can exploit its benefits (also you will need to add some choke points)
With these, you would need to make the most connections to defense nodes (example: use a level 1-2 scanner with 3 lvl.6-5 turrets connected to the scanner or put one or two black-ICE with one turret, each one with at least a strength of 27 (turret) and 32 (black-ICE) like me, I have 2 turrets with 27 damage and 2 black-ICE with 32 strength,
Do something like this:
IMG_20170408_235830_563.jpg
A not so impressive anti-protector net. Also there is a Sentry below the weaker code gate.
IMG_20170408_235830_563.jpg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

- Counter both, protector and shocker
These two programs have some things in common: both are defensive programs but, the two can be used in every type of network, some networks are perfect to counter shocker than protector, but it is difficult to recapture a red node (for the network) and there are other networks that counter much better protector, but shocker, leaves the defensive nodes, attached to the node which was installed the shocker, defenseless, so that becomes easier to compromise any choke point for advance on the network, I didn't come with these shocker-protector combo, but I do some and it is hard for the network, to regain control of the node that I just captured, basically, the most efficient anti-shocker-protector combo that I could get is this:
IMG_20170409_001422_578.JPG
My network, didn't come to deal with shocker-protector combo lately, also, I don't care a thing about reputation, just for the resources.
IMG_20170409_001422_578.JPG (89.71 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

PandaKing

Postby PandaKing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:58 am

Oh wow I was not expecting a full scale write up response, thank you for your time!
I think my main problem would be only if they were used at the same time.
Below is my network.
It has a very sturdy first choke, which in theory would requires heavy fire to get through.
But it's often shocker - protector - blaster - shocker - shocker to death, as it's not very good at recovering once it's destroyed.

And sorry, but I need some clarification as I can't really read very well, it's probably because English is not my native language.
Are you saying that the last screenshot would be the network that can counter the shocker-protector combo?
Because wouldn't that create a conflict with the beginning where you said least connection is desirable?
I'm not disregarding your suggestion or anything, but I think I need a more thorough explanation.
Thank you.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:42 pm

There's no such thing as an impervious network at level 45, but if somebody has upgraded their shocker and protector more than usual for their level, either their offense programs or their own network is less upgraded than average.

If it's the former, you can focus on buying as much time as possible rather than attempting to recapture compromised portions of the network.

If it's the latter, you're boned. You might be able to retrace them at an opportune time and steal back a good chunk of money if you're lucky.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

PandaKing

Postby PandaKing » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:08 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:There's no such thing as an impervious network at level 45, but if somebody has upgraded their shocker and protector more than usual for their level, either their offense programs or their own network is less upgraded than average.

If it's the former, you can focus on buying as much time as possible rather than attempting to recapture compromised portions of the network.

If it's the latter, you're boned. You might be able to retrace them at an opportune time and steal back a good chunk of money if you're lucky.

oh yeah I never thought about that, I could try to focus purely on wasting time, I'll give that a shot.
Thanks for the advice.

(Irrelevant rant, but there are people with overleveled programs, but still strong network due to them having lv.1 bitcoin miner/server farm as choke points. Which lowers their levels and provide a decent defense.)

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:06 pm

You are 3-4 lvls from being in range to me. Literally nothing you could do to prevent me from hacking that network. I would portal in on that high lvl senty or right in the mid on that guardian and it would be a feeding frenzy. All you could do is hope I continue to stay a few lvls ahead so im out of range.

PandaKing

Postby PandaKing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 am

Vnasty wrote:You are 3-4 lvls from being in range to me. Literally nothing you could do to prevent me from hacking that network. I would portal in on that high lvl senty or right in the mid on that guardian and it would be a feeding frenzy. All you could do is hope I continue to stay a few lvls ahead so im out of range.

No one has ever been able to portal on my guardian, most only got to the scanner, very few get to Black ICE/Turrent.
But I mean you ARE 4 levels ahead of me, so how do you expect me to defend against your attack perfectly?
By the time I get to your level, I'll most likely have upgraded my core by one if not two levels.

I don't appreciate your attitude, how about try to post something constructive instead.

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 am

PandaKing wrote:
Vnasty wrote:You are 3-4 lvls from being in range to me. Literally nothing you could do to prevent me from hacking that network. I would portal in on that high lvl senty or right in the mid on that guardian and it would be a feeding frenzy. All you could do is hope I continue to stay a few lvls ahead so im out of range.

No one has ever been able to portal on my guardian, most only got to the scanner, very few get to Black ICE/Turrent.
But I mean you ARE 4 levels ahead of me, so how do you expect me to defend against your attack perfectly?
By the time I get to your level, I'll most likely have upgraded my core by one if not two levels.

I don't appreciate your attitude, how about try to post something constructive instead.

If someone focused there access programs early on and at your lvl range. Like I did and not the meta beam. I would easily portal into your maxed sentry or guardian.

Lol that scanner isn't even lvl 13. :-) I would ravage that base. Sadly you have no resources and are not worth the time. Lvl up get your core 12 shrug ill still portal in.

Happy hacking c u real soon

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:14 am

Upgrade your codegate. Shocker is not counterable when paired with high shuri/beams.
You could try to max guardian and turret/black ice, the added tankiness is a good counter to shocker, and the damage breaks protector. Inefficient to say the least though.

PandaKing

Postby PandaKing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:26 am

e1a00000 wrote:Upgrade your codegate. Shocker is not counterable when paired with high shuri/beams.
You could try to max guardian and turret/black ice, the added tankiness is a good counter to shocker, and the damage breaks protector. Inefficient to say the least though.

Well I just got a 7 day shield, and I can upgrade my core along with 1 high level defense OR 2 lower level defense.
Which defense upgrade(s) would you say give the most value to my network?

Return to “NETWORK ARCHITECTURE”