Base Advice (Core lvl10)

Best strategies of building your network
Echo1Echo2

Base Advice (Core lvl10)

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm

My main question is whether or not the choke points are built well. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
Should I place a guardian on each choke point or keep them both on the first one? I just feel like the guardians work better together than apart, even when considering how the other choke point becomes weaker. I'm not sure though.

image1.PNG
image1.PNG (148.45 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

Couldn't get it any bigger.

PerseVerAnce

Re: Base Advice (Core lvl10)

Postby PerseVerAnce » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:27 am

Echo1Echo2 wrote:Image

I don't see anything wrong with the Choke Points, but I'm not sure if you're looking for something specific? I would warn though, that the 4 or 5 slots provided by the Turret and Black ICE doesn't make them too good at being choke points. But you don't have a lot of choices.

Only thing is I'd move the Core. Right now it neither protects your reputation, nor does it delay your opponent, so it's being wasted. If you don't care about reputation, then position it so that your opponent has to take it out in order to delay them. The first or third Code Gate looks good. If you do care about reputation, then move it inwards more.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 am

Few suggestions.

1 all your storage are in one place move them around ,force your opponent to capture everything to get the loot and possibly save some from time outs.

2 your core is wasted where it is , use it as another gate , move it to the position of your first ice, swap the two turrets with which ever farms have the highest firewall, make sure both guardian s are connected to all three , use the def nodes you took out to maximise the spread of your av in this section.

3 remove the connection from your other two turrets and ice from the back nodes respectively , it gives the attacker a large attack point to all three nodes, make them work for that last cap.

Echo1Echo2

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:03 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the Choke Points, but I'm not sure if you're looking for something specific? I would warn though, that the 4 or 5 slots provided by the Turret and Black ICE doesn't make them too good at being choke points. But you don't have a lot of choices.

Only thing is I'd move the Core. Right now it neither protects your reputation, nor does it delay your opponent, so it's being wasted. If you don't care about reputation, then position it so that your opponent has to take it out in order to delay them. The first or third Code Gate looks good. If you do care about reputation, then move it inwards more.

I forgot that I shouldn't place my core there, my bad, but thanks for the reminder. I moved the Core to a spot where I think it won't be worth using Kraken programs to get to it and where someone will actually have to get through the first choke point to reach it.
I know the defense nodes aren't that great for choke points, but as I'm sure you know those branches are set to the max distance. I weighed the pros and cons and decided it would be better like that since they would all create a good defense on that scanner choke point, plus, the farm and storage nodes have higher firewalls than the defensive nodes so if someone wants to actually take over the choke point from the defensive node they probably have to fill it completely with programs, otherwise it'll probably be taken back. If they have enough programs for that, which they probably will (my base is under leveled compared for me being a lvl46) then I think they'll have been able to take it anyways. I just either want them to run out of time or waste a bunch of resources getting through everything.
I did however make use of attack priority to maximize the efficiency of the choke points and make sure that they reach the storage nodes last.

Mchief wrote:Few suggestions.

1 all your storage are in one place move them around ,force your opponent to capture everything to get the loot and possibly save some from time outs.

2 your core is wasted where it is , use it as another gate , move it to the position of your first ice, swap the two turrets with which ever farms have the highest firewall, make sure both guardian s are connected to all three , use the def nodes you took out to maximise the spread of your av in this section.

3 remove the connection from your other two turrets and ice from the back nodes respectively , it gives the attacker a large attack point to all three nodes, make them work for that last cap.

1 I'm fine with going for a save all or nothing kind of thing with my resources. I tried to move some choke points around, such as to where I could create more branches off of the guardians, but couldn't really get the distance to make anything of value.

2 I feel like if I place it where the black ice is, it'll just make my base vulnerable to Krakens, plus it'll take more time for my sentry to spread to the back choke point since it has to fill up the core node rather than quickly take over a defense node.

3 not sure if I completely understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting I shouldn't have that scanner as a choke point? If so then as I said in my reply to PerseVerAnce, the storage/farms are max distance and if I keep the defensive nodes like that then I will have a second strong choke point. All or nothing I guess.

Sorry if it seems like I'm not too open to suggestion, but I like to discuss things. I really do appreciate the suggestions.
Here's my base now:
IMG_1412.PNG
IMG_1412.PNG (231.15 KiB) Viewed 2070 times

- I separated the storage nodes from each other since they each have very high firewall so I think it'll be a better time waster like that instead of giving them another 4slotter that they can use to take over the other storage nodes. I left the farm nodes as is because they reach those earlier anyways (priority optimization) and I've seen situations where they take each other back from being hacked if they're connected like that.
- I connected the two guardians to each other since it adds another potential antivirus defender for each other, as well as gives them both a double shield. I left 1 slot open on each so that the guardians don't run out of time trying to shield everything before the enemy reaches the choke point.

happy days

Postby happy days » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 am

Sorry echo but your base is going to get killed with beams at your lvl and set up, can't really see the base clearly eg nodes lvls and the central connection, send me a clear image if u can on private message if u can and like, and I'll have a good look, note if u want them to waste time u should not group nodes and not multi nodes. U r not using the nodes to the best ability for that idea

Echo1Echo2

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Tried to PM you a picture with the levels, but couldn't insert an image into the message. Tried to place a smaller, but more resolute image in this reply, but it was still pretty difficult to see. I think it'd be better if I just list the levels out for the main nodes.

Code Gates - 7
Main Scanner - 9
Guardians - 6
Sentry - 11
Turrets - 8
Black Ice - 8 (1st choke point), 7 (2nd choke point), 2 (next to core)
Farm Nodes - 21 (max)
Storage Nodes - 16 (Gold), 15 (B-coin)

The black ice next to the core is what I'm currently trying to level up when I don't have enough to upgrade something bigger.

I know I'm not going to be able to defend myself from much at my level, wasn't really planning on it, I mainly just want a better base set-up to at least protect myself a bit more from those that should't be able to beat a base at my level.
The reason I didn't go for a full time-waste base is because if they can break through the choke points with ease then they can probably rush a time waster base pretty easily with lvl12-18 beam cannons. I just went for more of a hybrid, or at least what I think is a hybrid.

Some tips on what I should focus on leveling now would also be nice.

happy days

Postby happy days » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Copy & paste to me on Pm

Upgrade your SY asap and if u have node space get another one
Code gate next, any just keep pushing them they will slow beams if u can get them to 13
Just switch between SY and gates

2 mores stages on turrets eg lvl 10 turn them gold

Nothing else until u need the storage then only what u need but plan ahead

Don't upgrade B ice if it's not too late
Guardians r a waste without a strong Av don't do these for ages now take to long and don't have the power to hold things up without the AV, thou good as a choke

Try and find a way to send image asap to me on PM

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Echo1Echo2 wrote:Sorry if it seems like I'm not too open to suggestion, but I like to discuss things. I really do appreciate the suggestions.

I think that's great. No reason to follow suggestions without understanding why first, so it's good to question it if you aren't sure.

I think you are close to reaching a local optimum, and I can't see too many minor improvements that can be done.

1. I'm still not sure if you're protecting Reputation or not. If not, I would really consider putting the Core on the third Code Gate instead. That guarantees that they'll waste time without Shurikens, and they might even have to deal with antivirus against a Core if they aren't quick enough, which wastes even more time. Having it off to the side at the Black ICE still makes it extremely optional.

2. I see that you have slots on the Guardian still. Might be better to connect the extra black ice to the Guardian instead of the Turrets, since the Guardian would probably be easier to reclaim than the Turrets. But that's also gonna depend on your antivirus level.

3. If you need more distance, you can sacrifice about 140 visibility and the first Code Gate, moving the net connection to it. The visibility can be made up for with a Scanner level. But they will go through the code gate alot faster for sure though (assuming they double up on it).
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Return to “NETWORK ARCHITECTURE”