No Programs?

Best strategies of building your network
Luminaar
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: No Programs?

Post by Luminaar » Mon May 13, 2019 6:45 pm

molchu wrote:My past network with all of my purchases was reset as well, so the 5 building threads are certainly nice :D
Nice to see you're putting them to good use! :D Thank you for the support! <3
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: No Programs?

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 am

molchu wrote:Image
Currently focusing on my farms, upgrading the Sentry is important at the current stages and I will do it once it's cheap enough I guess.
My past network with all of my purchases was reset as well, so the 5 building threads are certainly nice :D
Damn, you are leveling up real fast!
Ego wrote: It wouldn't be that difficult to build a base that was virtually unhackable if that was your one and only goal. In fact, I would go as far as to say it would be easy. I mean we're talking early game here. Probably couldn't make one "impossible" to hack, but close enough.
As far as who has done this already? It's not uncommon to start trying to make the "perfect" base and get "stuck" in the game as a result. Or, as in my case, see the likely result of such an attempt. If you don't know how this is possible as I've described it, maybe you need study the game a bit more? If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
It's precisely because I studied the game that I don't know how that would be possible. If you're talking about making it virtually impossible to hack for scrubs, then yeah, there's an abundance of those networks, in fact to a degree all networks are virtually unhackable to someone.
I've had people fail to hack me fresh out of the tutorial, so... if that's what you mean, then you could actually achieve such a virtually unhackable network, otherwise you can't. So again I'll ask, who has done it? Because if someone else has done it, then I'd like to meet them. I know people that have attempted it, like iblitz, muscles, anhellistg0d, and many more, but none have succeeded. Virtually unhackable network just means you're too underpowered to take on the network, not that it's actually unhackable even if we're exlusively speaking in that level range.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Ego
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Re: No Programs?

Post by Ego » Thu May 16, 2019 12:25 am

TheLurkingRage wrote: It's precisely because I studied the game that I don't know how that would be possible. If you're talking about making it virtually impossible to hack for scrubs, then yeah, there's an abundance of those networks, in fact to a degree all networks are virtually unhackable to someone.
I've had people fail to hack me fresh out of the tutorial, so... if that's what you mean, then you could actually achieve such a virtually unhackable network, otherwise you can't. So again I'll ask, who has done it? Because if someone else has done it, then I'd like to meet them. I know people that have attempted it, like iblitz, muscles, anhellistg0d, and many more, but none have succeeded. Virtually unhackable network just means you're too underpowered to take on the network, not that it's actually unhackable even if we're exlusively speaking in that level range.
Staying within the rules from molchu's original post, you would have a very strong base. Unless you were just a terrible network designer, I think you could make it quite far in the game without being hacked. Now molchu has also said something like "what fun would it be to keep your rep low" or something like that. If you don't try to keep your rep low, never mind what I said. If it were me, and I assure you I would never attempt molchu's challenge, I'm confident I could make it at least to mid game without being hacked by keeping rep low, making good upgrade choices, and a good network design. It's under molchu's rules with my network design and low rep that I stand by what I originally said. Making it to level 40 or higher without being hacked is very doable.

Who has done this you asked? I don't remember who I talked to. I only remember the claims made. The claims from two different people, as I remember them, both had similar outcomes that they both tried to focus mainly on defense and got to a point where they could no longer advance in the game without spending money or waiting for credits or something like that. They also both claimed they had not been successfully hacked on those accounts. All of which makes sense to me. They may not be true but I find that they seem plausible so it's easy for me to believe the claims. Another bit of information that I can't remember is what levels they were when they abandoned those accounts. I want to say into the teens or 20's but I'm not really sure.

Did I cover everything?

User avatar
molchu
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 am

Re: No Programs?

Post by molchu » Sun May 26, 2019 5:33 pm

New update for core 7
Image
Image
Upgraded all farms to max lvl for core 7. Now trying to get my second DB rolling to upgrade my core.

User avatar
molchu
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 am

Re: No Programs?

Post by molchu » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Image
Upgrading to core 8. Having problems with my bcoin storage. The storage is currently at level 11 and I only need level 15 though, so it's almost done.

User avatar
molchu
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 am

Re: No Programs?

Post by molchu » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Core 8 update. All of my farms are max lvl or upgrading to max lvl for core 8. Not worrying about my defense still, but I should start getting some stealth defense going on.
Image

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: No Programs?

Post by TheLurkingRage » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am

Ego wrote:If it were me, and I assure you I would never attempt molchu's challenge, I'm confident I could make it at least to mid game without being hacked by keeping rep low, making good upgrade choices, and a good network design. It's under molchu's rules with my network design and low rep that I stand by what I originally said. Making it to level 40 or higher without being hacked is very doable.
It cannot be done. What you are talking about relies heavily on RNG that is just not on your favour. Minmaxing to the extreme to be "unhackable" from the beginning is not possible without spending credits. If you take your time collecting loot and such, you will be hacked at some point way before you reach level 40 unless you manage to get a link so early on and exploit the shield religiously and no one bothers on connecting to your network non-stop until they get in while you reset your shield timer.
Ego wrote:
Who has done this you asked? I don't remember who I talked to. I only remember the claims made. The claims from two different people, as I remember them, both had similar outcomes that they both tried to focus mainly on defense and got to a point where they could no longer advance in the game without spending money or waiting for credits or something like that. They also both claimed they had not been successfully hacked on those accounts. All of which makes sense to me. They may not be true but I find that they seem plausible so it's easy for me to believe the claims. Another bit of information that I can't remember is what levels they were when they abandoned those accounts. I want to say into the teens or 20's but I'm not really sure.
Yeah, no one has done it. From what you're saying it sounds to me like you're talking about anhellistg0d's smurf Welcome_2da_top (or however he spelt it, I can't remember by now). Also might talking about iblitxkreig back before the search was changed when he was using the level cap exploit to climb rep as a minmaxer with little to no competition because most rep climbers were much higher in level than him. Another possible player you might be talking about is Crack69's farm network. He was minmaxing while farming. Another one that wasn't really supposed to be about defense, but rather offense to climb rep is the network "RepFarmer". Maxed n00b Cannons before level 30 I believe but found it too difficult to actually climb rep with only 1 program maxed out and the rest at level 1 so they quit. I do not know or remember at the moment anyone else that might have attempted such a challenge... besides me, ofc.


youtu.be/5kWfVqnzA5E

It hasn't been done because it can't be done... you cannot be "unhackable" while farming. You'd need to purchase your way through the wait, then delete the unnecessary XP and viola, an "unhackable" network, but then it wouldn't be part of the challenge, now would it? 'Cuz you would've not farmed your way through it. Again, if you ever remember anyone who made such a claim before, by all means please tell me who they are 'cuz they need some recognition for their efforts.
atat54 wrote:RepFarmer - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1344&p=10377
Crack69 wrote:@Ping
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Ego
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Re: No Programs?

Post by Ego » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:52 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:It cannot be done
All I've done is run the numbers. If you say you've tried it and failed, then I will take your word for it. I would like to point out though that molchu was still batting 1000 at level 23. Of course with his core up front, and a couple other issues I see, that average won't last long.

So... You were right, I was wrong... You're cool, I suck... You're good looking, I'm...not attractive

Ok? :D

User avatar
molchu
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 am

Re: No Programs?

Post by molchu » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 pm

New update. Upgraded my core and redesigned my base from a maelstorm to look more like a tree. I bought 7 day 9sec using the credits from the world map and then ran upgrades on all of my farms like an idiot, so that was wasted.
Image

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: No Programs?

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:47 am

molchu wrote:I bought 7 day 9sec
9sec ain't worth it for you.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Post Reply