Wiki Translation Mission!

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
minhducsun2002

Re: Lots of work to do, but nothing is impossible.

Postby minhducsun2002 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:45 am

Luminaar wrote:If the capitalization of the article names are poor, that's my doing - sorry! The remaining languages were done in the same way, but I will have been wrong ot assume it's acceptable for every language. As for the article translations themselves, it wouldn't surprise me if they were Googled ... you can look through the page histories and see how bad the articles were :P I salvaged what you see now from the original texts.

Yeah, I know that in English, most article names has all words' first letter capitalized - unless they're "middle word"s like of, for, ... However - probably you won't realize this - most of the time, an English word's equivalent translation in Vietnamese may have multiple words - not just a single word, like connection is equal to kết nối - and we only capitalize the "K". Sometimes, we don't capitalize at all if the word seems not to be a name or something like that. (A little lesson! :D)

The old articles wasn't really properly translated - yeah, you really salvaged something - and the old translators poorly paid attention to the wording. It just didn't fit the game. :x

Luminaar wrote:There will be a few template modifications required, such as the infoboxes and footers. I can help with the footers, once you've changed all the page names. I'll remove any duplicates and redirects, and have things pointing to the correct place. There were a few pages that needed more than translations however - the Black Market and Resources pages had a large overhaul if I remember. The table from the spreadsheet link at the start of this topic explains it, and helps me keep track on page names and changes etc.

I'll let you know if I finished changing all page names - I rename them as I encounter them during translating content, not a massive attempt to do all at once. As I see, the Black Market and the Resources have considerably more hyperlinks than other pages - except the Patch Notes - but it looks like since I tend to choose sections without or with few links first (Ctrl + K-ing continously is a pain!), this shouldn't be a real problem.

Luminaar wrote:
minhducsun2002 wrote:Thank you very much. Of course, it must be renamed - Vietnamese doesn't accept abbreviations as easy as English :lol: .
Do whatever you need :D I'll use these new names to edit the footer and flag templates at a later date. :)

Thank you very much - although since I do use the footer myself to navigate during translation, shouldn't much work be left for you. :D
[111um1n4 - 61ph3r]
In game as

Code: Select all

CipherAllies1123

minhducsun2002

Re: Wiki Translation Mission!

Postby minhducsun2002 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm

May anyone explain what "Productive Idle Time" (B-coin Miner) means?
[111um1n4 - 61ph3r]
In game as

Code: Select all

CipherAllies1123

Luminaar

Re: Wiki Translation Mission!

Postby Luminaar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:25 pm

minhducsun2002 wrote:May anyone explain what "Productive Idle Time" (B-coin Miner) means?
It's the amount of time the B-coin Mine and Server Farm take to go from zero resources to full resources, (ie, till production is forced to stop and the node goes idle.)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.