Quick tutorial for beginners.

Best strategies of building your network
Malici0us

Quick tutorial for beginners.

Postby Malici0us » Sat May 28, 2016 12:40 am

Starting off build your bitcoin mines and cash mines. Make sure to keep leveling those. You will get hacked. Just a game but you can prevent major loss. If your f2p I'd say stick to leveling currency mines first then work on sentry and such. Try to keep them at low amounts. Detours people from wanting to hack you. To me a nice clean well assembled network is easy to hack. Make it a mess long and drawn out with multiple ways to go. You see some of these guys making these nice shapes and such. I just laugh. I prefer the PYRAMID. Strong shape and if utilized correctly almost impenetrable. Always watch world for free credits. Try not to spend them in frivolous ways. Upgrade core to gain more node spots. Don't group everything up. Keep in mind if you attack someone they will probably attack back. Just remember as with most builder games you need to keep everything going. Keep upgrading etc etc make sure to upgrade programs and such don't depend on just one(ie worms) if used correctly together you can wipe someone out very quickly. Read definitions of each to further understand how to use each one. Maybe devs could make the explanation more detailed with a how to use area in definitions. More to come.

As always watch out for malici0us software ;)

maerg

Re: Quick tutorial for beginners.

Postby maerg » Sat May 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Malici0us wrote:...
You see some of these guys making these nice shapes and such. I just laugh. I prefer the PYRAMID. Strong shape and if utilized correctly almost impenetrable.

Pyramids, you said? I would like to see some of those "almost impenetrable" shapes :-) let's check how durable it will be...

I prefer Branching Tree architecture, as it imho provide better security.

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sat May 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Malici0us, I would love to see pictures of your network or the pyramid, what does it look like and all! And why would you try and build as many mines as you can if you can't defend your network?
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Kurosaif

Postby Kurosaif » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am

please give at least screenshoot from your architecture..

Gream

Postby Gream » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Beginner Guide v2.0
Thanks Malici0us for starting this topic... Here are few tips of mine.

Building & upgrading
    * Balance upgrades of defense and production building:
      * If you build only production nodes, you will become "farm" - everybody will be looting your resources
      * If you improve only the defense nodes, you will quickly run out of resources
    * Number of nodes you can build is limited (it is increasing with level of Core node) - think twice what you will build next. Do you really need second B-coin Mixer? (No, you don't, you can always upgrade the first one)
    * Usually it is better to upgrade smaller number of nodes at time - if you're upgrading 5 defenses at the same time, your network is quite vulnerable. If upgrading 5 resources generators, you're out of income.

Network Architecture
    * There is no clear "winning" network build. Skilled hackers can always find way through your defenses.
    * Check forums for tips how to place Sentry and CodeGate and for other basic rules
    * experiment with network layouts - now you can see what works and what not from replay videos

Attacking:
    * Again, there is no ultimate strategy or ultimate content of program library - experiment and learn how programs works during hacks.
    * Do some basic math - strengths vs. price vs. library space of programs. Is it better to hack a node with three beamers or two beamers and Ice Wall? (the first is cheaper).
    * It is good to "know your enemy" - be able to recognize level of nodes by visuals and to know how the network will behave when alarm is triggered. This means how fast Sentry and Guardians are working, how long it takes to take down a CodeGate, etc. This skill will come with increasing level :-)
    * Learn some numbers - damage of programs, Firewall of nodes. This will quite help you to estimate how many Beamers (or other programs) is enough for taking node down fast enough.
    * Watch online videos or replays to learn useful combination and timing of programs usage.
    * Choose your targets - before attacking, check three things: other player's level, available loot and strength of defenses.
      * Hacking players below your level make sense, some time: if the loot is good enough or if you want test some new hacking strategy.
      * You should be able to hack anyone on similar level for 100 % (regardless of their network layout).
      * You can hack players 10 or even more levels above yours - if their network is ill-designed or multiple defenses are under upgrade.
    * If attacking same target repeatedly, try to improve your efficiency - be faster, use less Beamers and Walls, ...

Upgrades of programs
    * Most used programs first... I.e. Beamer, Worm, Ice Wall, ...
    * Don't ignore any program, all are handy for some types of networks.

Meta-game
    * Spend your credits wisely - sometimes it worths it to spend few credits to finish node upgrade and start new one before going to sleep, rather than waste 8 hours of builder threads and risk that someone will steal your resources.
    * Don't irritate guys at top levels too much - they are quite tolerant, but can loose their patience... just a joke. Feel free to test your skills if you can see us on Globe... :D
Gream,
hacker lvl 77+

Aladeen

Postby Aladeen » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Very interesting Gream, but i suppose the developers of the game they also have accounts to Hacker ;)
Which accounts are from you guys?
And finally, why we can't see the network from you and Solidsnak3?
Aladeen,
beta hacker lvl 30+

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Aladeen wrote:And finally, why we can't see the network from you and Solidsnak3?

Too high in reputation AND level. You can find lukemhk (a 50+) but since he has a lower reputation, you can see him on the globe. Get passed 1200 and you will find them ;)
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Gream, SolidSnak3, lukemk, ... are alpha testers playing more or less since October 2015.

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Gream wrote:Beginner Guide v2.0

Thanks for these, I used most of them on wiki: http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Tips

You can extend these wiki articles if you wish, it will be difficult soon to find all the advices spreaded around the forum.

omprakash.korba

Postby omprakash.korba » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:15 am

Gello my vire is in level 2 how can i upgrade as it require 8000 cash but maximum i can store is 4000.... when i built cor purchas it says level3 required or too many node updrage to level 3 ..... please help how can i icrease the coin storage limit please help thanks......