Well, the game has become unprogressable now...

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
90skushkid

Re: Well, the game has become unprogressable now...

Postby 90skushkid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:37 pm

balanceffs wrote:This game is pay to win. Still at core 7, no matter what rep I am those pay to win level 35+ to 40 will wreck you, farming in this game is unforgiving. When you are saving up for an upgrade and then log out because it sucks staring at your programs getting compiled for half an hour. When you logout, you pray that no high level jerk loots your base. Upgrades are not evenly distributed. There are core levels that have multiple upgrades for nodes and when you need to up a defense it requires almost max of your storage to do so (ex: storage max is 2m, upgrade needs 1.5m) . Which means that some happy hacker will be lucky enough to grab your 3hrs worth of looting with their single attack. This game is not fun. It forces you to pay $$ to progress with minimal hassle, or just keep punching yourself in the face if you play for free. Plus, the retrace feature sucks. Same player will just loot your network over and over. It's fun at lower core levels, not so after core 5.

its ok if you suck. ive yet to pay anything at all in this game. I have a C7. yes people hit me for 50k here and 100k there but that's the point. lol. I mean seriously. by the time I wake up in the morning I get hit for a total of 50-150k sometimes and 10k plus on bcoins. but im not complaining because that was during my closing hrs. when im open best believe im going to attack with vengeance. lol. but yeah bro jus be patient. its a free phone game. no need to spend money. when I get paid this week im going to spend money on credits for building threads but unlike @kingofsnipers im just now going to use money for building threads but you don't NEED it to play the game. yes the 2 building threads is annoying but its honestly not that bad at all. jus qq and play.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

balanceffs

Postby balanceffs » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Of course you are good. You're the best hacker ever and I suck. Feel better? My network holds up fairly well. Its when these high levels with level 12+ beam canons. Take note, just beam cannons. and then will wreck your base.

I know how to play and I don't need any help with setting up my network. Hell, one of my attackers that failed copied my layout when I retraced him.

This game favors those who pay even if uou juat purchase threads. And it stays this way, I say it over and over, thia game will die out. Don't bother replying if you are core 6 below and hiding in the 200 below rep range. Your points are irrelevant.

Try hitting/retracing a level 35 base atleast and you'll find out. Getting looted around 100k? Looks like you do not even have much in your storage. Plus, retrace sucks balls. It should be 'they hit you, then you retrace and its all over' but no, they hit you, you retrace them and they retrace back. Awesome system. If a higher level hits your network, they should have a loot penalty, as well as low levels hitting high level people should have a bonus. Not like this, loots are the same throughout levels.
This game should be a pastime not a career, I have a real life and grinding coins are a chore across all core levels. Core 7, max coin storage 60k, if you have max programs from core6, next upgrades are 32k coins. You are lucky to see an inactive network with 4k-6k coins. You reach around 15-20k coins in your storage and someone hits you, lost around 6k+ to 8k+, and we dont even get to have shields, how many hacks will it take you to recover. Not to mention the 4k gold for searching. You can even get hit multiple times when you are out of the game. My programs take around 10 min to compile, juat beam canons and ice wall.
Defend the game all you want, spend all the $$ you want and I just hope you don't regret it when you eventually got on the same boat as me.

If there are spelling errors, I apologize. Trying my best posting with my phone.

90skushkid

Postby 90skushkid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:17 pm

balanceffs wrote:Of course you are good. You're the best hacker ever and I suck. Feel better? My network holds up fairly well. Its when these high levels with level 12+ beam canons. Take note, just beam cannons. and then will wreck your base.

I know how to play and I don't need any help with setting up my network. Hell, one of my attackers that failed copied my layout when I retraced him.

This game favors those who pay even if uou juat purchase threads. And it stays this way, I say it over and over, thia game will die out. Don't bother replying if you are core 6 below and hiding in the 200 below rep range. Your points are irrelevant.

Try hitting/retracing a level 35 base atleast and you'll find out. Getting looted around 100k? Looks like you do not even have much in your storage. Plus, retrace sucks balls. It should be 'they hit you, then you retrace and its all over' but no, they hit you, you retrace them and they retrace back. Awesome system. If a higher level hits your network, they should have a loot penalty, as well as low levels hitting high level people should have a bonus. Not like this, loots are the same throughout levels.
This game should be a pastime not a career, I have a real life and grinding coins are a chore across all core levels. Core 7, max coin storage 60k, if you have max programs from core6, next upgrades are 32k coins. You are lucky to see an inactive network with 4k-6k coins. You reach around 15-20k coins in your storage and someone hits you, lost around 6k+ to 8k+, and we dont even get to have shields, how many hacks will it take you to recover. Not to mention the 4k gold for searching. You can even get hit multiple times when you are out of the game. My programs take around 10 min to compile, juat beam canons and ice wall.
Defend the game all you want, spend all the $$ you want and I just hope you don't regret it when you eventually got on the same boat as me.

If there are spelling errors, I apologize. Trying my best posting with my phone.

still don't understand your complaints when the game is free. overall free. you don't NEED building threads, you don't NEED credits. complaining because you cant keep up is funny but to each is own. you have your opinion which I respect.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

Barons

Postby Barons » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 pm

balanceffs wrote:Don't bother replying if you are core 6 below and hiding in the 200 below rep range. Your points are irrelevant.

"TOP DEFINITION
pay-to-win
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.
Dude, you've spent like 400 bucks on this game so you can beat everyone who hasn't spent any money. Pay-to-win noob!"

Even though my opinion is completely irrelevant I don't have anything better to do so... yeah it could be sorta considered pay to win. IMHO not really seeing as how every single game using this business model pays the rent by giving folks an option to speed things up. It's not allowing folks to buy exclusive nodes or programs that everyone can't get freely, and it isn't selling any sort of defensive or offensive boost. In short the guy who hasn't spent a dime and maxed his network out on the cheap is equally likely to crush the guy that started yesterday and spent thousands of dollars to get the same thing.

I believe that's why you are being met with disagreement if not hostility. Your posts come off sounding like you are outraged at how they could stoop so low as to sneak in this un heard of pay to win feature that allows folks to do things faster. In reality it's one of the most common business models going right now and many in the community feel that it's done quite tactfully in hackers.

Maybe a lowly lvl 21 core 6 who's probably going to be core 7 in a day or two is too irrelevant to offer advice but there are some very knowledgeable folks here much higher lvl than either of us that would be happy to help you out if you take a deep breath and chill. Maybe a beer would help too.

Cheers

90skushkid

Postby 90skushkid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Barons wrote:
Maybe a lowly lvl 21 core 6 who's probably going to be core 7 in a day or two is too irrelevant to offer advice but there are some very knowledgeable folks here much higher lvl than either of us that would be happy to help you out if you take a deep breath and chill. Maybe a beer would help too.

lol
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

BundyButcher

Postby BundyButcher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:41 am

I can relate to this, but rather than cry about it Ijust keep the app running for 5hrs straight while saving up for something, time consuming but if u want to progress it's war u got to do

Silken

Postby Silken » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:13 am

balanceffs wrote:This game favors those who pay even if you just purchase threads. And it stays this way, I say it over and over, thia game will die out. Don't bother replying if you are core 6 below and hiding in the 200 below rep range. Your points are irrelevant.

Well I'm level 37, Core 8 nearly 9 and don't hide in the 200 range. So I think I qualify.

Apart from buying builders, I don't use credits. And even in this the game is pretty generous. You can get a fourth builder in about 6-8 weeks, just by saving the credits from the world map. A lot of people who started the game at the beginning of October, who didn't buy builders are level 28-31. Not to bad in my opinion. Yes behind, but it's still possible to beat bases up to 10 levels above you at that sort of level. So they could, if good enough, still beat my base.

I could understand peoples points if 95% of the player base brought credits. As a FTP is would be a pretty unpleasant gaming experience. However, that is not the case. It fact it's reversed, probably only 5% or even less than 5% buy credits to any great extent and this is true in most of these types of games. You just have to live with the fact that a small percentage are always going to be above you.

I know people who have gone from 3 levels below me, to a couple above me. They must have dropped $50-$100 (probably even more) on the game, but they are still within my reach. And as long as I have all my builders building, what do I care if someone beats my base.

The only valid point is that the game is pretty unforgiving in terms of resource protection. Maybe the percentage should be weighted/scaled. i.e you get 30% within 5 levels. But only 20% if the person is more than 5 levels below you. Likewise, if the person is more than 5 levels above you, you can take 35%. It would serve as a incentive to attack higher level bases and not farm people lower as much.

Defence nodes also need a tiny buff IMHO. Only tiny, but at the moment the attackers have an overwhelming advantage.

But as I see it. Pay for Time or Pay to Win, if you like to call it that. Is not causing any large scale issues.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

kyobinbou

Postby kyobinbou » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:28 am

Two problems
Poor network layout = easy hacks
Resource Collection (by hacking or mines) vs Upgrade Frequency = more resources stored = more captured resources from a hack

Two tips:
Time your upgrades - make sure to utilize all upgrade threads, dont hack when you're upgrading, get enough resources so resources are close to zero
Copy network layouts - when you see a great network layout, copy it!

God Bless You

Ego

Postby Ego » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:41 pm

kyobinbou wrote:Copy network layouts - when you see a great network layout, copy it!

I agree with this 1000%! I'm on my third account now. My first did ok but I was finding the higher I went in level the more difficult the game got. I studied other people's networks and programs they were using, deleted my account, and started over. My second account did much better. I learned what "style" I liked and went all out. I found the game a little easier and was satisfied with what I had. That is until I met my first minmaxer at around level 20. He absolutely destroyed me. When inspecting his base before retracing I was very impressed and intimidated. I knew I couldn't win but I did it anyways. I didn't make it passed his choke point. I took screen shots of his programs and network, deleted my account, and started again for the third time. With my new found knowledge, experience, and awesome network and program design, I owned all! I didn't get hacked for the first time until I was into level 30 something. I was so big headed and full of myself I changed my name to Ego. To this day (I'm level 78 at the moment) I don't have much trouble advancing in the game. I try to keep resources topped off as much as possible and I keep my rep at a respectable level. That attracts the good players. They get paid if they are good enough to take what I have, and if they ARE that good, I just might get to learn something from the experience.
The moral of the story... Learn! Learn from your mistakes and learn from people that are way better than you. Notice I didn't say "better than you". I said "WAY better than you". And don't be afraid to copy everything they do at least until you LEARN more about why they are doing things that way.
Oh, and one more thing. If you punch a wall and break your hand, is it the walls fault?! Of course not! So if you aren't good at the game, why is it the games fault?!?! Hope my story helps. Good luck!

I forgot to mention, I haven't used any money to get where I am. If I did, it wouldn't give me an edge over other players. It would only help to level faster. Pay to win? Uh...no... Not even close.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:53 am

Ego wrote:
kyobinbou wrote:Copy network layouts - when you see a great network layout, copy it!

I agree with this 1000%!
I don't. I've never copied someone else's layout and the reason why that's generally a bad idea is because of the different node levels, the attackers they're facing and the network's purpose. You didn't learn from copying, you learned from analyzing. You don't need to and shouldn't copy someone else's network because it may not be suitable for you. This is how the epidemic of minmaxers using maelstroms started. They were all shit layouts that relied solely on the power of the Sentry and that strat became so popular because everyone was awful at hacking which is why the networks seemed so good when in reality it was just scrubs hacking other scrubs.

Analyze the network and study up on the nodes' stats to better understand what they're doing. Just because it works, it doesn't mean it's good especially if you're just starting to learn. You can easily be misguided and believe you've been doing things right well up until endgame. The highest leveled player I ever knew that realized he fucked up and wanted to reset their account was in their 90s. There's players like crack, acidwar, B@t$, RickBobby, zeitweilig, that their entire hacking career have never improved because they believed they were doing things right. From what I read, there's a high chance this could be you too.

Ego wrote:I was so big headed and full of myself I changed my name to Ego.

... TheLurkingEgo
I just had to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :lol:

Ego wrote:The moral of the story... Learn! Learn from your mistakes and learn from people that are way better than you. Notice I didn't say "better than you". I said "WAY better than you". And don't be afraid to copy everything they do at least until you LEARN more about why they are doing things that way.
Yeah that's much better said than agreeing to copy another scrub. Indeed learning from players way better than you is good, but ironically you have to already be good enough to not need to learn from others to be able to differentiate between someone who is better than you and someone who's not. Crack believed he was #1, PerseVerAnce 2nd, TheLurkingRage (me) 3rd and Arch 4th (#1 ranked hacker before me) in his own little list of best hackers in the world, when in reality he's closer to the bottom of the list worldwide despite the fact he held onto #1 rank for a long time by cheating. I just can't stand people that think they're good and are in denial of their real capabilities and since you have a name like that it either means you've actually become good enough to learn on your own or you're another scrub thinking he's good cuz he copied some other scrub ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the latter has always been the case before, but since I've been away for a long time I'm hopeful that's not the case.

Ego wrote:I forgot to mention, I haven't used any money to get where I am. If I did, it wouldn't give me an edge over other players. It would only help to level faster. Pay to win? Uh...no... Not even close.
Yeah, paying for credits doesn't buy you skills, but it's still a p2w mechanic/feature. It's just because of the nature of the game it seems to be a p2p feature instead. You can pay for credits to get ahead of a specific player faster and then hack them. By the time they retrace you would've advanced too much for them to be able to successfully hack you anymore. That's literally paying to win, but due to the way this game works you're actually paying to win and get your ass kicked by someone higher leveled than you. Unless you max out but by then everybody has the programs required to hack anyone. That's what a lot of players do. They copy each other or pay to win which is why there's an abundance of bad players everywhere, especially in high level and high rep.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.4k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:https://youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage