No Programs?

Best strategies of building your network
molchu

No Programs?

Postby molchu » Wed May 01, 2019 12:47 am

Hello Everyone,
Most of you don't know me, but I am a level 21 Worm user who has just recently upgraded Shuriken 21. The worms have completely eradicated my playstyle and now I am a very lazy, waiting for the worms to clear out most of the base while aiding them with shockers and occasionally using ice walls vs hawk. This tactic had many flaws, but worms have always been a very faithful companion of mine. However, I think it's time to move on.

I am in the process in resetting my network to begin a challenge. It is simple, and as the title says, it involves not upgrading a single program apart from the pre-existing lvl 1 beams.

Level 1 beams will be able to hack level 1 and level 2 Cores, but will not go any further, leaving it also be a "No Hacking Challenge" past that point. Hacking lvl 1/2 cores will give me a head start for sure, but I will not hack anything else (maybe missions). I wanted to try this since 2017, and been inspired yesterday by the mighty, legendary, the man himself, TheLurkingRage. Cheers to you my man!

Why is this is Network Architecture you might ask? Well, the challenge affects mostly the network as now I will not have any programs to depend on for resources. Here are the pros and cons of this idea:
+ No program level inflation
+ No hacking/bcoin structure inflation
+ No second bcoin storage (Need to upgrade one to level 15 to allow for the upgrade of all money farms to level 21, after that buying the second storage and then deleting the first one will allow us for an extra choke)
+ Big choke power (lvl 1 evolver, lvl 1 compiler, lvl 1 program library)
+ Big defensive potential (Non-existing 2 program libraries allows for more defensive structures)
+ Don't have to worry about bcoins
+ Players will be more reluctant on hacking me because of no reimbursement of the bcoins for the hack
- Can't delete the lvl 1 chokes that come with this challenge (evolver, compiler, program library) (you CAN delete the bcoin storage, leaving you with the only bcoin holder being the core)
- Big time consumption to reach endgame
- Have to get all lvl 21 server farms
- Sometimes the money will not be enough to get an upgrade on a much needed structure as people will keep stealing the resources. To resolve this issue we can put the core at the beginning of the base to keep us at 0 rep, that way there will be less attackers. As the credits are mostly used on quick compiling, with this challenge we instead use them on instant upgrades (but it's much more expensive without pay 2 win, and I am not planning to be pay 2 win (but I am buying 5 threads (in game)))
- AI's loose their hacking potential
- Need to check what to put in the beginning of the network on the netconnections, as mostly users put their hacking structures there, but I will use my hacking structures for chokes. And even then, I will need to put a valuable structure there.
- No credits from DejaVu
- No resources from missions (apart from the beginning ones which are very easy and can be done with beam lvl 1)
- Need bcoins to upgrade server farms and storages

I would like your guys' thoughts on this. What do you think? Is this a good/bad idea? Is this an INTERESTING idea?
Cheers

funez1

Re: No Programs?

Postby funez1 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:24 am

Its a very long run. Its possible. But a long run.

Ego

Postby Ego » Sat May 04, 2019 11:54 am

If you do it right, I bet you wouldn't get hacked for the first time until level 40 or so. Maybe higher. It would probably take years just to get to level 40. I've known a couple of people that have built "unhackable" networks but claimed that they eventually get stuck. You're talking about getting yourself "stuck" on purpose and staying that way. I bet it takes a decade before end game is reached. That and it doesn't sound fun at all. But hey, knock yourself out! :D

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sat May 04, 2019 11:31 pm

Ego wrote:If you do it right, I bet you wouldn't get hacked for the first time until level 40 or so. Maybe higher. It would probably take years just to get to level 40.

Nope. Unless he were to use the online shield exploit religiously, but ironically to best exploit the shield he needs to attack himself.
Ego wrote:I've known a couple of people that have built "unhackable" networks but claimed that they eventually get stuck.

Who? I've never known anyone besides myself with such "unhackable" networks. Even then they're just calculated networks that can be defeated by a calculated attack.
Ego wrote:I bet it takes a decade before end game is reached. That and it doesn't sound fun at all.
This is a horrible way to experience the game if you make it your only goal, but as an alternative account it's not boring and doesn't take that long.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:https://youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Ego

Postby Ego » Mon May 06, 2019 6:13 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Ego wrote:If you do it right, I bet you wouldn't get hacked for the first time until level 40 or so. Maybe higher. It would probably take years just to get to level 40.

Nope. Unless he were to use the online shield exploit religiously, but ironically to best exploit the shield he needs to attack himself.
Ego wrote:I've known a couple of people that have built "unhackable" networks but claimed that they eventually get stuck.

Who? I've never known anyone besides myself with such "unhackable" networks. Even then they're just calculated networks that can be defeated by a calculated attack.
Ego wrote:I bet it takes a decade before end game is reached. That and it doesn't sound fun at all.
This is a horrible way to experience the game if you make it your only goal, but as an alternative account it's not boring and doesn't take that long.

It wouldn't be that difficult to build a base that was virtually unhackable if that was your one and only goal. In fact, I would go as far as to say it would be easy. I mean we're talking early game here. Probably couldn't make one "impossible" to hack, but close enough.
As far as who has done this already? It's not uncommon to start trying to make the "perfect" base and get "stuck" in the game as a result. Or, as in my case, see the likely result of such an attempt. If you don't know how this is possible as I've described it, maybe you need study the game a bit more? If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

molchu

Postby molchu » Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 pm

Ego wrote:
TheLurkingRage wrote:

It wouldn't be that difficult to build a base that was virtually unhackable if that was your one and only goal. In fact, I would go as far as to say it would be easy. I mean we're talking early game here. Probably couldn't make one "impossible" to hack, but close enough.
As far as who has done this already? It's not uncommon to start trying to make the "perfect" base and get "stuck" in the game as a result. Or, as in my case, see the likely result of such an attempt. If you don't know how this is possible as I've described it, maybe you need study the game a bit more? If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

TheLurkingRage is the best player i've ever known. He has made many powerful networks and had given very great advice to both myself and many players. Yes, if you can minmax until building your code gate and then leaving the game you can create an unkillable base by abusing the search mechanic, but I don't think telling someone to "study the game more" is the right approach. Besides, after getting enough rep your "unkillable" network will be getting attacked by better players which are simply more leveled than you and you will loose.

There is simply not a base which cannot be killed, even in endgame anyone can hack anyone with their program library space and every program level 21.

Ego

Postby Ego » Tue May 07, 2019 12:18 am

Ok thanks. :D
Last edited by Ego on Tue May 07, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

molchu

Postby molchu » Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Ego wrote:
molchu wrote:I don't think telling someone to "study the game more" is the right approach.

If someone doesn't understand, then further study is the only approach. Are you assuming my comment was an attack? If so, you are mistaken.
molchu wrote:Besides, after getting enough rep your "unkillable" network will be getting attacked by better players which are simply more leveled than you and you will loose.

No offense but I can't stand comments like this. It's obvious you didn't read all of what was said above. Read the original post please. Then continue to read until you are knowledgeable enough about the subject. Think about what you would like to say. Then say it. That's the process. We all have to do it or we risk sounding like you do in this comment. Like I said, no offense. We all get lazy.
molchu wrote:There is simply not a base which cannot be killed, even in endgame anyone can hack anyone with their program library space and every program level 21.
Actually, end game is the only place you can not make an unbeatable base. I don't know into what level you could maintain an unbeatable base, but I'm betting at least in to the 50's. I don't know but maybe if the original poster actually does this, they will keep us up to speed on any progress. I'm curious.

molchu wrote:TheLurkingRage is the best player i've ever known. He has made many powerful networks and had given very great advice to both myself and many players.
:shock: ehrm... That's real sweet of you to say. I'm sure he would be flattered to read that. I haven't said anything about the guys skill. I don't have enough information for one, and even if I did, I'm not sure I would care to share my opinion.

No offense but I can't stand people like you. If you think everyone is wrong but you then you should rethink your life choices. Don't think that people are wrong for interpreting your information wrongfully but think it's your fault for presenting it incorrectly.

No network is unhackable. End of discussion. Blasters win quadriple guarded core+beetle. Shurikens win any powerful choke. Ice walls+high lvl protector is enough to stop hawk+AV.

No network is virtually unhackable. As I said, yes, you can minmax, but after enough rep an endgame player will be able to attack and hack you. What's the point in staying at 0 rep if you are not leveling up for endgame nor repping up? Think about it.

In fact you contradicted yourself with this statement:
Ego wrote:Actually, end game is the only place you can not make an unbeatable base.

If endgame is the only place where everyone can be hacked, then endgame players can hack anyone.

If you have presented the information wrongfully and instead meant, lets say, the online shield exploit or search mechanic exploit then say it! No need to begin a discussion over a stupid mistake. If you didn't write it wrongfully, then you are just plain wrong, as I explained above.

As for TLR, I am just stating facts. If you know anyone better that has better game knowledge I would like to know.

Ego

Postby Ego » Tue May 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Ok thanks :D

molchu

Postby molchu » Sun May 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Currently focusing on my farms, upgrading the Sentry is important at the current stages and I will do it once it's cheap enough I guess.
My past network with all of my purchases was reset as well, so the 5 building threads are certainly nice :D