Rebalance towards stealth and AI Squid

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
funez1

Rebalance towards stealth and AI Squid

Postby funez1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:45 am

I'm curious to know why the stealth buff on all visibility was necessary. I have seen level 21 programs go very far inside a network. And AI Squid is obsolete when it can be easily avoided

Luminaar

Re: Rebalance towards stealth and AI Squid

Postby Luminaar » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 pm

funez1 wrote:I'm curious to know why the stealth buff on all visibility was necessary. I have seen level 21 programs go very far inside a network. And AI Squid is obsolete when it can be easily avoided
Stealth programs/Scanner sensitivity stats haven't changed since release as far as I'm aware.

There has been a minor stealth defense "buff" in the form of the Squid AI, although this buff is pretty marginal - as you mentioned - due to the Squid being avoidable for the most part, and the "buff" being "the additional time a player has to wait for the Squid to pass."

As for deep stealthing, stealthers hacking networks between Core Levels 6 and 8 have an easier time due to the number of Code Gates and Scanners that are available. From Core 9 onwards however, networks have the tools available to prevent deep stealth intrusions from equal Core Level attackers, even if the player has the highest level stealth programs for their Core/Evolver Level.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 pm

I remember read in on the wiki. That the visibility of all stealth programs were reduced. I'm not sure if its still there. But I'm sure I read the trivia about what the game has been improved on. Also even with 5 gates. With level 21 scanner. Its still possible to get through 8 nodes deep while wraithing 4 potential nodes.
I was hoping there would be a rebalance towards some of the programs Since They become a bit OP. The shocker at max stuns for 13 seconds. Which is a very long time. And more than enough to take out nodes and capture them. The hawk AI can be countered but not that big of a problem. The cost of ice wall is a bit excessive. And the XP of certain nodes is too much compared to what it should be..for example guardians

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:41 pm

I can't say I remember that information on the wiki, but as my edit count is over 9000 (literally), there'll always be something I've forgotten. xD A network facing max level stealth programs needs the maximum number of gates in the direct path of an attacker to prevent being accessed past node 6.

There's certainly the potential for adjustments in the future, but hopefully there'll be more buffs than nerfs. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:23 am

Also could there be a buff to black ice. Like a .5 reduction time and a 10 percent buff towards strength. It will attack slightly faster but maintain its strength before the patch. Its just very slow. And it shoulf get buff towards its firewall if its one of the tankiest security nodes. Its no big difference from a turret at max.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 pm

While there's a substantial Strength difference between the nodes at higher levels, it takes quite a while to be noticeable.

Improving the Black ICE's functionality has been a popular topic, and there's been some fun improvements suggested, such as stat improvements, making it Shocker proof, having the Black ICE shots stun for a second and reducing the attack priority so it can attack more freely, just to name a few!