Once again asking for defence aganst shocker

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Once again asking for defence aganst shocker

Postby Mchief » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:19 am

It's been a while ( and whole network reset) since I have asked for this but I once again asking for the implementation of some sort of defence or alteration to shocker.

The Problem: at the lower level there's not much of a reason to hate shocker , it's mid-level to late that it becomes a problem , at lvl 15 it stuns all nodes for 10 full seconds , follow the shock with a similar level offence program of your choice and defence nodes may as well not exist for all the good they do.

The Cause: short and simple if your shocker hits every connected node no matter it's level, firewall, or type is stunned leaving it defenceless , there is no counter, spreading your def nodes out would only work if they only bring one, they tend to bring 10+ .

Possible solutions:

1 increase shockers HD size to 12-15 so you can still bring a few but they don't make up half your strategy

2 change shocker to apply a certain amount of shock damage that bleeds off bases on the firewall level, AV pulses could also remove damage

3 allow guardian sheilds to block one shocker, with a node covered by multiple guardians blocking mtiple uses.

HCX - DReaD

Re: Once again asking for defence aganst shocker

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:13 am

I admit Shocker seems like the meta end-game that you absolutely needs for choke points on high levels. But if having them means guaranteed sweeping, and the only drawback is that it's slow to make them, seems not that fair. And like you mentioned, you can bring alot of them on high level.

Solution number 1 or 3 seems nice to me :) 2 seems too complicated for Hackers' focusing on being simple.