Attack Priority on twins

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
HCX - DReaD

Attack Priority on twins

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:39 am

When I read that if targeted nodes have the same exact attack priority, it will then choose from how the owner linked those nodes in order, what does that mean?

I mean, does that mean if I connect node A then node B, the program will target A first then B? or B first then A? Considering both A and B are exactly the same, even their level.

HCX - DReaD

Re: Attack Priority on twins

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am

Okay I just found the thread that discussed exactly what I asked.

Tho the thread doesn't mention about firewall value being a factor, only groups.

So does this mean, if I link B.I 1 to link 1, another B.I 2 to link 2 and a Turret on link 3, this would cause the program to attack in B.I 1, B.I 2 then Turret, even tho the turret has lower firewall?

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm

HCX - DReaD wrote:So does this mean, if I link B.I 1 to link 1, another B.I 2 to link 2 and a Turret on link 3, this would cause the program to attack in B.I 1, B.I 2 then Turret, even tho the turret has lower firewall?
This is correct.

As the Turret has the lower firewall, it doesn't actually matter if you connected the Turret first, as the higher firewall nodes (in this case) will be prioritised regardless of the order in which they are connected.

As your remaining Black ICE nodes are the same level as each other, and since they also have a higher firewall value than the Turret, the Black ICE that you connect first will have priority over the other Black ICE, while both Black ICE nodes will have priority over the Turret.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Thanks for the clarification! x)