Lost account after network broke down [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Solitarius

Lost account after network broke down [RESOLVED]

Postby Solitarius » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Hey guys! Awesome game, but I can't play anymore... :'(

Just in case, I'm not angry, despite my post would sound like this. I'm just reporting how I lost access to my account in order to provide clues to developers to fix the bug so it won't happen to someone else (and, hopefully, recover my account?).

Here's what happened today (02 july 2018)...

As usually, I was sneaking into another player's account to decide if I would try to hack it or not, then I decided to draw back somekind just when the 30s timer was about to reach 0 (or near). As often my IRL network was weak and I lost my connection at this moment. Usually, the game just make some retries and, if still unsuccessful, a "retry" button just appear (you're supposed to hit it once your mobile recovered the network.) But this time, after I recovered the network, the loading bar just kept blocked.

Then, each time I tried to restart the game, the same thing happenned again: when the loading bar was almost complete (like 85% maybe?) and the loading text diseappeared (but the main "network game screen" hesn't loaded yet, I was still on the loading screen), then it stayed stuck like this, forever...

I tried to empty game's cached data, then when I launch the game I land on the first start screen (create a new account, start tutorial, ...). On this screen, I try the "already have an account? connect" button, and no matter if I hit the Facebook or Google buttons, I get a new loading bar (completed this time) but I land again on a new and empty fresh game...

I tried to complete the tutorial and go a little bit further to be sure it wasn't something like "server went down". I was even able to hack some other player level 5 network, everything went well, and each time I restarted the game I recovered my new level 2 network as it always did with my old level 25 one, so I'm pretty sure nothing is broken except I can't recover my original level 25 network. (I'm sure 200% I've linked my account to both Google and Facebook before all this happened)

Well, that's all I can say. Admins, devs, or whatever... Please could you try to find and fix this bug? Could you explain what happened? May I be able to get back my original account?

Many tanks! :)

Edit: If it can help, my nickname was something like: <|5olit@rius|>

Luminaar

Re: Lost account after network broke down

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Solitarius wrote:Here's what happened today (02 july 2018)...

Admins, devs, or whatever... Please could you try to find and fix this bug? Could you explain what happened? May I be able to get back my original account?
Hey Solitarius,

Thanks for the detailed report - the extra information is very useful!

It looks as though your network information has somehow become corrupted throughout the disconnect/reconnect process you described. When this happens, the app will load correctly up until 85-90%, and then the game will stall as it unable to connect to the correct network. Clearing the application cache on your device will then delete your local network information, prompting a new game to start.

I'll request the guys take a look at the network to see what can be fixed/recovered server side. We would need your exact network name in order to find it from the millions of networks that we have - I'll forward the information below, but if you have more up to date information, please let me know!

Network name: <|5olit@rius|>
Level: 25
In-game country: ??
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

LadTy

Re: Lost account after network broke down [IN PROGRESS]

Postby LadTy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi :) No need for additional info anymore I believe, I've found what I needed. The network had a unique name which helped a lot :D

I've been looking into that network and related activities, and very interestingly, yes, there were some corrupted data in one of the hacks which I did not manage to fully explain (how they came to be etc). Which makes me a little bit uneasy, but we will be watching for possible cause if that somehow happens again, to be honest this was the first time I saw that particular exception pop out.

Anyway, more importantly for you, the network is now fully functional again and you can log in and get back to hacking :D Thanks for reporting, hopefully you will have smooth sailing from now on ;)
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Solitarius

Re: Lost account after network broke down [RESOLVED]

Postby Solitarius » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 am

Hey guys! :P

Wonderful! It's working again as you mentioned, thanks a lot! I've been able to reconnect my network and even do several hacks, and nothing seems to have been lost through the process :o

Many thanks for the amazing speed and efficiency!

I honestly don't know either what happened, but there may be a clue: as I often have a weak Internet connection I'm often in the case where I click "disconnect" (while hacking, before the 30s chrono ends) and, as network needs many seconds to send the request, I hear the 30s chrono end alarm (and network defences activating sounds) before the game really succeed to "disconnect" the hacked network. Maybe is there some kind of "disconnected/not hacked network + begin of network hack" conflict?

Anyway, good luck on your investigations. :)

Solitarius

Postby Solitarius » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:34 am

Sorry for the double post, but I think it could be linked to another sort of "bug". When I diconnect a network (still in weak connection case), sometimes it results in a "not hacked" network state (so I can select it and start a new hack again as I didn't really attack it) even if the disconnection took a really long time (like 10 extra seconds after the alarm), and sometimes it results in a "oh, in fact you hacked the network", so I get a defeat in my history with no replay available (which is a bit harsh in my humble opinion :( ) even if I disconnected really quick (like there were still 25 seconds left and the disconnection took only 3 seconds, but maybe I lost/recovered Internet connection in a second I guess...).

Well, don't know if I'm clear enough, just try to help... ;)

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:24 pm

No worries, thanks for the extra info.

While it certainly seems like the "lost disconnections" are causing the issue, the reason for the network not loading in that particular case turned out to be something completely unrelated. :p We'll be keeping an eye on things to make sure networks stay "working as intended". :)

Thanks again for the feedback!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.