Bug? Anyone else? [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
mr.peculiar

Bug? Anyone else? [RESOLVED]

Postby mr.peculiar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:10 am

I’ll try to describe as as best I can. The day before yesterday I logged onto my account and my network was totally scrambled. Nodes were in a different place than my normal layout. I had to go back and completely rebuild. Oddly enough, the AI squid I had previously built to level 10 was gone completely. I actually just noticed this part. Anyone else had any issues with their networks being torn apart and scrambled? Or nodes disappearing?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. It’s just strange and I thought it might be a bug.

Cheers

HCX - DReaD

Re: Bug? Anyone else?

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:34 am

All I can think of is your account had been hacked...like, real life hacked ._. (or played by your friend or family without you knowing)

Or accidentally got rolled back, if that's possible?

mr.peculiar

Postby mr.peculiar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Good call. I’ll ask my kids, maybe they did it? yea I confirmed the kids didn’t do it. Hmmm

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Is that your only account? Have you confirmed it is the correct account? (everything else is the same level, only the Squid node gone).

I'm not sure if the devs keep logs of things per-account, but if they do, maybe one of the devs can check the date when that scramble happened. Maybe logged from different IP, device or location, or check replays and hacks...

Do you remember if the scrambled network was one of your previous build BEFORE you got the Squid? If you recognize the network positioning when it was scrambled as one of your previous builds, I highly suspect your account got rolled-back, somehow.

If you don't recognize the scrambled network positioning, then either it's a different account, your account was hacked or someone who can borrow your device(s) played it.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey. :)

A complete scrambling of a network - including node deletions - is most likely caused by local adjustments made from your device. This has been an isolated incident so far, making localised interference more likely.

Regarding server rollbacks, we will aim to provide an announcement if an unscheduled rollback was required.

As for the individual network, we are able to check network log-in times etc. If you're wishing to see if a rollback to a previous iteration is possible, please provide the details below and we'll take a closer look.

Network name:
Level:
In-game country:
Last Log in times:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

mr.peculiar

Postby mr.peculiar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:17 am

That’s very kind, thank you, but not required. I play for fun & enjoyment and it hasn’t hurt that one bit. I do appreciate the offer though. Cheers & enjoy your day.

Luminaar

Re: Bug? Anyone else? [RESOLVED]

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:41 pm

No problem! Thanks for the feedback, and enjoy the rest of your day too!

(Marking as Resolved)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.