Suggestion auto speed up on successful hack

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Suggestion auto speed up on successful hack

Postby Mchief » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Short and simple some times on a good hack attempt you get in and have a large portion of time left to drain resources, and some times you have a large portion that you can take , but becuase of how drain rates work you can spend a long time just sitting waiting for resourcse .

So suggestion in the event that certain conditions are meet. Have time accelerate to the end of a hack .

Needed conditions
1 - All nodes captured
2 - there is more time left than needed to drain all resources

If the two conditions are meet the player gets the finish screen as normal and continues on.

HCX - DReaD

Re: Suggestion auto speed up on successful hack

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:06 am

Mchief wrote:Short and simple some times on a good hack attempt you get in and have a large portion of time left to drain resources, and some times you have a large portion that you can take , but becuase of how drain rates work you can spend a long time just sitting waiting for resourcse .

So suggestion in the event that certain conditions are meet. Have time accelerate to the end of a hack .

Needed conditions
1 - All nodes captured
2 - there is more time left than needed to drain all resources

If the two conditions are meet the player gets the finish screen as normal and continues on.

This is why we have Leech. Letting the system calculate whether resource drainage will finish before times up and just fast-forwarding will reduce Leech's usefulness.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:22 pm

As Dread mentions, this would interfere with the use of Data Leech, where players are reviewing how quickly resources are being looted, and deciding whether it's worth using a leech. Having the system "speed up" when leeches aren't required removes this tactical element.

There are a few other considerations, such as the additional hardware requirements on a device when speeding up a hack, as well as extra calculations to be made on reaching the conditions set out.

While not applicable to yourself, this reminds me of another tip. :) If players are regularly finding themselves finishing a hack with tons of time to spare, consider increasing your profits by using less programs on certain nodes - there's no extra bonus for finishing fast!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Pluto

Postby Pluto » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:36 pm

On a side note , the drain rate from farms needs fo be revised in my opinion , in that the higher the level of a farm is the slower the drain rate should be . This would balance it a bit so players are forced to use data leaches to do a full hack and also more people will start farming

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:52 am

Pluto wrote:On a side note , the drain rate from farms needs fo be revised in my opinion , in that the higher the level of a farm is the slower the drain rate should be . This would balance it a bit so players are forced to use data leaches to do a full hack and also more people will start farming

It already is slower the higher the level. Check the wikia for full statistics here
I would guess everyone on higher levels already absolutely need Data Leech to get full resources.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:11 am

What pluto really means to say isn't a good idea. He means a farm 21 should give you less b-coins per second of download than a farm level 1. Would be slow AF.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 am

Well, it is higher value per second at lv21, but do remember that the download speed is in percent... So even tho lv1 farm (6% per second) has lower value per second, it's being drained far far faster compared to lv21 farm (1.8% per second).

It is already balanced, level-wise.

Pluto

Postby Pluto » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Exactly as how TLR got it . The stats shown in wikia kinda misleading , lvl 21 farm takes more time to drain because there is more coin in it , but if you do the math using same amount of coin in say a lvl 10 farm vs a lvl 21 farm , you will see that lvl 21 farm drains faster than a lvl 10 farm. The point i guess i am trying to make is players would carry more leaches if the drain rate is opposite than what it is now. This would also help the players who prefers farming . Also the rep climbers would be tempted to up their farms to save rep loss and more bases would then hv decent loots and players dont need to marathon hack . From my perspective this might bring in more balance between hack farming and self farming . Anyways i just thought i would share my opinion here

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Hmm...

If you have lv10 farms and fighting against the ones with lv21 farms, I would say your level would be pretty different already, and so your programs strength. It won't make sense for you to be attacking those with that high level farm when you have far lower level farm (unless intended).

If you at low level successfully attack a high level player with lv21 farms, then you deserved those millions of resources. If you fail, duh, the difference in strength probably pretty significant..

If you attack someone with lv21 farms around your level too, then even tho the drain rate seems to give you alot, it's not. At that point in high level you would need a hell lot more resources compared to when your farms are at lv10, which means, a 5% filled lv21 farms won't satisfy a high level player, even if the drain rate is considered fast for lower level players.

So again, level-wise, it should be already balanced, since to get all resources from lv21 farms, you would need leech at that level.

Unless, are you telling me it's common to be able to attack players with lv21 farms when our level is far lower...?