"Generator network"

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Gadget

"Generator network"

Postby Gadget » Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 am

Hello;

My apologies if this is asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything directly on-point.

Just now, I came across a network with zero security and a fair number of resource generators. Naturally, I hacked it - easy money. However, I got to wondering why a literally defenseless network would exist. The only plausible thing I could come up with is that it's a farm. In this hypothesis, the player has a "regular" network and a "rainy-day" network; by analogy, think of a person who has a salary 9-5 job that pays the bills, but also does some occasional moonlighting for extra money.

Ignoring all mechanics of *how* one might create a second network, and ignoring all other logistical questions:

1. Is doing so against Trickster's ToS?

2. Is doing so considered cheating?

TheLurkingRage

Re: "Generator network"

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 am

Hi there!

I believe it's not breaking TA's ToS - there isn't such a thing as far as I know, but it is still considered cheating by many and isn't something TA would approve of, however I don't believe you'd get punished for it. There's plenty of people using that strategy (exploit) to make progress in the game. There's also players that delete all their security before they quit the game and there's others doing it just to do something different and aren't farming themselves.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Mchief

Re: "Generator network"

Postby Mchief » Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Generally if a player decids to stop playing the game it's sort of an un written rule to remove your security and leave the farms for other players.

I personally have yet to find such a network so they aren't very common at least at my level,.