Really tired of these kind of defense :(

Various ways of using programs during hacks
llliiippp

Really tired of these kind of defense :(

Postby llliiippp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 am

I tried beat these kinds of nets lately, and somehow never worked.
Shocker/protector.icewall combo
Beam/shocker/ice wall combo
Even kraken/shocker/etc combo

None of above worked, the only thing left is shuriken that I haven't upgrade.

This kind of net always included lv21 sentry/scanner + adequate level code gate +other level 1 nodes

Can anyone provide some tips
Really appreciate : )
Attachments
IMG_20180103_171102.jpg
IMG_20180103_171102.jpg (252.44 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Luminaar

Re: Really tired of these kind of defense :(

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm

llliiippp wrote:Can anyone provide some tips
Protectors are usually your best friends against networks like these, as you're mainly just fighting against the Sentry damage, as the security nodes themselves are usually too low in level to contribute any serious damage. As you've tried Shocker/Protector however, it's possible that your Protector may benefit from extra levels.

That opening choke is pretty special though - kudos to whoever it belongs to! It's highly possible that an attacker would go into this "too fast", and once their attacks take down both Turrets, they're then locked onto the Code Gate while the Turrets are recaptured. You'll either need to be fast in securing the Turrets (ICE Wall+Shocker or 2xICE Wall then Protector - depending on levels) or find ways of being able to attack the Turrets again (Blaster or Shuriken).

Alternatively, you could also "go slower" depending on your Beam level, and capture the Turrets slower, ensuring that the other Turret is available to be targetted before the Code Gate, although this is only recommended with a strong enough protector.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

crack

Postby crack » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

This kind of network needs beams and a high ice wall and it's real easy to beat, but obviously depends on ur program lvls. If u like u can private message me and come to the ign chat.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 am

I wouldn't consider those "adequately" leveled Code Gates.

Protector 13 or so won't break under mere AV. Shocker spam will also work, but will be inefficient. It would be easy with Ice 10+, especially since the Sentry is the only node that actually has a high firewall in the Maelstrom proper, but I don't like to upgrade Ice much since the ratio of the protection they provide versus their compilation cost becomes rather bad.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Ego

Postby Ego » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:47 pm

I use icewall/protector/shuriken with good success against networks like this. The level 1 nodes get taken back too quickly for other attack types to keep up unless they are high level. Level 4 icewall, level 8 protector, and level 12 shuriken would be the minimum I would use. Also a gate breaker at a decent level would help but not absolutely necessary with a level 14 or higher shuriken. With practice, even the level 12 would do. My set would probably look something like 40-45 shuriken, 12-14 icewall, 2-4 gate breaker (blaster or ram) and 3-5 protector. I would also add a couple shockers if I had the program space. Just in case.

I have seen people use different levels of programs such as level 1 icewall with level 10 protector. I've also seen some successful stealth attacks that don't give the antivirus time to spread. Hope this helps.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:27 am

Hello,

I find this kind of defense a bit "glitchy". That would be nice to limit sentry damage according to the level of the node it's installed on...

Best regards

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Popeye wrote:Hello,

I find this kind of defense a bit "glitchy". That would be nice to limit sentry damage according to the level of the node it's installed on...

Best regards

Glitchy how tho...? Examples?

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:43 am

I don't mean it's a bug. Maybe I did not chose the word well. I just think it's somekind of unbalanced situation that should not be possible in an MMO game, even if you can find strategies to counter it.
This thread is maybe not the good place to discuss this ^^

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Popeye wrote:I don't mean it's a bug. Maybe I did not chose the word well. I just think it's somekind of unbalanced situation that should not be possible in an MMO game, even if you can find strategies to counter it.
This thread is maybe not the good place to discuss this ^^

Why is it unbalanced..? If there's a counter to it then it's not unbalanced. This actually fixed the infamous meta build I think.
This way, player mostly can only target one type of defense, not every kind of defense.

Maelstorm is pretty easy when you know its weakness: the Sentry. This build requires higher level of micromanagement and quick fingers to conquer. I can handle it just fine once I know how to handle it :) it is kinda double-edged imo.