Breaking a choke point

Various ways of using programs during hacks
TheMatrixHasYou

Re: Breaking a choke point

Postby TheMatrixHasYou » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm

I am still a noob, and learning, but here are some of my strategies that work with varying degrees of success.

If I am conserving Ice Walls and I need more slots for beams (I don't use Shurikens often) then I shocker, protector, 2 beams.

If the defender has a higher level anti-virus that will knock my protector down with their other defenses, then I Ice wall, protector, blaster, and keep the ice wall on until one node is down, then when it goes away I replace with a beam.

If time is not low, or I made the mistake of no shockers, then I Ice Wall, protector, blaster, and beam when the Ice Wall goes down.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 am

How do you deal with maelstrom?

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Gravemind wrote:someone of your stature
You're embarrassing me. There are plenty of people whom I hold in higher regard than myself. They just don't post on the forums any more.
Gravemind wrote:Choke Points?
Alfatrion wrote:Maelstrom?
I edited my second post on the first page, give it a read.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

The last sentence is unclear to me (around "Protector Main"), but other than that it is a good post!

What would your recommendation be for upgrading ice wall, protector and shocker?

Hyperion35

Postby Hyperion35 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello, this is justy first post. I have been playing this game 4 months now. The best strategy I came thus far concerning choke points with low level node(usually scanner) and many defences attached to it, is using icewall to give time to install a protector and a blaster. After the wall crumbles I install a second protector and keep installing protectors as necessary so there are always two of them, until the first defensive node comes down. After that, depending at defences lvl i leave one protector and add a beam along with blaster. On every defensive node I capture I usually install a wall and fill with beams.
I have found that keeping two protectors at the choke point is enough to have it secured for good, no defence will crack them both as you refilling them. But you lose time. So there is a sweet point where you can afford to stay with just one protector and add a beam to rev things up.
I never use shokers so far BTW, I have not upgraded them enough yet to be useful.