24/7 Wall [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
nocturnalbamf

24/7 Wall [RESOLVED]

Postby nocturnalbamf » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm

So recently, I've noticed players that happened to be on all the time. They never appear in the world map, and Retracing them is impossible because they are on 24/7. There are quite a few of them, with most of them being at the top of the leaderboard (probablly because noone can hack them).

Now I know there are "no-lifers" out there that can be on a lot because this is all they do, but they still have to sleep sometime. The players I'm refering to, seem to have no sleep schedule. I find this truely bizairre considering humans need at least 6 hours of sleep a night. Drugs could be causing this, but not for 7 days straight. I'm sure the insanity would cause them to lose touch of reality and make them incapable of focusing on the game after at least 2 days. Knowing what I know with computers, I could only assume its some time of custom script that sends some form of input into the game every 5 minutes that makes them appear active. While I admire their creativity in creating this defence, I believe it ruins the spirit of the game. They are essentially untouchable ghost users who don't have to worry about upgrading their network defence and thusly spend all their resources on offense programs. With this stradegy, they don't even need to spend money on 9sec or to speed up upgrades, they just keep their ac counts running and don't have to sweat.

Please game creators, find a solution to this, its really annoying not being able to hack them back or find them on world map and they aren't making you money and they are making those who do quit. I know you want people playing constantly but this goes beyond the extreme of that desire, and I would try to take screenshots for proof, but I don't know how I would prove anything by not finding them on the world map, or taking a bunch of screenshots of them being unhackable due to being on. I'm pretty sure if you checked by activity, it would be fairly obvious a user is doing this because like I said, they are literally on 24/7.

nocturnalbamf

Re: 24/7 Wall

Postby nocturnalbamf » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:18 pm

So follow up to this, after reading some of the other bug reports, it seems the being hacked while hacking someone else does allow to hack the 24/7 wall exploit. I'm pretty sure its this bug that allows to hack them back on rare occasions you check their network while they are hacking someone. Basically, there is a 3 minute window where their stradegy has a whole in it. I figure it has to be this because right after I got down hacking and walked away while my programs compile, I was immediately retraced by them. I had actually burned the $2 million loot I got from him so he couldn't get it back, actually I burned through 7.5million total. Either way, I don't think checking the retrace every 5 seconds is a fun way to play this game.

I would love if the bug that allows you to hack them while they are hacking remains until the 24/7 wall exploit is fixed. This seems to be the only method to revenge them in the mean time. Otherwise, I may find a new game to play that doesn't have ghost user cheaters in it.

nocturnalbamf

Postby nocturnalbamf » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:22 pm

A new developement I just discovered this morning. So I just found out that players that are online, can still show up on the world map. Right after I asked for new targets, a target that came up was already online. I thought this odd, considering the player was of lower rank, level and rep than I was and yet, the target I'm refering to in the main post is of higher rank, level and rep than me and yet I can never get him to appear on my world map. I rarely get targets that are 5 levels lower than me, 4 levels are uncommon as well, and this guy is 6 levels above me and finds me at least 4-5 times a day.

Can one of the admins clarify how this is possible to me? It was my understanding that new targets given are offline and yet I just had someone disprove that. I promise I'm not whining cause someone is "doing better than me". I am able to 100% the guys network the few occasions I get access, I just find it hard to believe someone is able to remain active as much as this person is.

Here is the player in my question:
Vedicr3deye, Level 48, N.Korea, Leaderboard rank (atm) 17, with 2600 rep.

It would be less for sure, considering his network isn't difficult. He is just virtually a ghost. He somehow manages to find me very easy and very often and yet I can't seem to get him on the map, and like I've stated retracing only works if I try within the 3 minute window of him attacking someone else. It's not adding up and something just smells fishy about it.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks for the report. I'll answer as many points as I can here.
nocturnalbamf wrote:So I just found out that players that are online, can still show up on the world map. Right after I asked for new targets, a target that came up was already online. Can one of the admins clarify how this is possible to me?
Potential targets are initially selected from targets that are a similar level and reputation to yourself. As a larger number of players get "removed from the pool", due to being online, or having suffered a successful attack in the past 3 hours etc, the criteria for targets widens, to ensure that 5 targets are always chosen. The reputation and level criteria are widened first, sometimes resulting in you - or other players - finding targets that are significantly higher or lower in rep/level than normal . When a lot of players are online and hacking other players, the search system will sometimes have to return a search target that is already online to fulfill the 5-target criteria.
nocturnalbamf wrote: Knowing what I know with computers, I could only assume its some time of custom script that sends some form of input into the game every 5 minutes that makes them appear active [...] I'm pretty sure if you checked by activity, it would be fairly obvious a user is doing this because like I said, they are literally on 24/7
Regarding custom scripts, while this is clearly possible to stop a device from sleeping, it would have no effect on preventing a player from being found as a target after 3 hours. here are no actions a player could take which would result in them staying online 24/7 without being able to be searched and attacked at numerous points during a single day. And yes, this can be checked by activity. :)

It is possible to reset the 3 hour connection by being offline for a period of time, (I can't provide any additional details here, but I can say that you can't simply "close and open the app again" to reset your connection,) but as mentioned above, this results in players being able to be attacked multiple times per day, and would not allow a player to be online 24/7.
nocturnalbamf wrote:it seems the being hacked while hacking someone else does allow to hack the 24/7 wall exploit.
Being hacked while hacking someone is not related to this however. This occurs when someone has been online for longer than 3 hours - and therefore eligible to have their connection hijacked normally - and is kicked out of a hack they are currently attempting. We received a lot of complaints regarding this, and did provide a fix to enable a player to complete their hack before being hijacked, but the fix still isn't perfect and we are working on resolving this.
nocturnalbamf wrote:Please game creators, find a solution to this
As you may have noticed with the response above, there's a fine balance between "I can't hack this player because he's online" and "3 hours is not enough - I want to be safe from attack during my hacks too". We also get reports of players who:

- can't save enough resources due to attacks, and would like more protection.
- can't find eligible targets because of the 3 hour protection provided, and want to be able to attack player more often.
- want to play for longer sessions and hate getting kicked off every 3 hours.
- only play short sessions and don't like being attacked by the same player every day.

Regarding a requested solution, the truth of the matter is that different players want different things, and that the general concensus is that players want to be shielded more themselves, and want other players to be protected less! We believe we've found a decent balance which caters to the mass majority of players by setting the "hijack timer" at 3 hours. We do understand that there are active players that are protected against attacks for larger periods of the day due to their increased activity, however, it is not possible for a player to remain online 24/7 and be completely impervious to attempted hacks.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

nocturnalbamf

Re: 24/7 Wall [RESOLVED]

Postby nocturnalbamf » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Its not that I want more protection, I just want to be able to retrace him or find him on the map and wait for that 3 hour reset so I can do something on my own. My network is pretty legit, if I screen cap my security log, you would see they are the main visitor and the rare occassion someone else visits, they don't succeed. It's just frustrating that I have a life, and go about my business, where this person seems to have none and is just capable of sitting around all day protecting himself due to activity. I mean jesus, steven hawking can't even move his body and is more active than this player. Its rather disgusting in my opinion.

Before I went to sleep last night, I couldn't attack him. Fell asleep for 8 hours and woke up to find out he had attacked me twice. Been doing homework checking back periodically for a retrace attempt to only find they had attacked me again. Thats 3 times within 12 hours., and somehow I can't get 1 when I'm sitting on a retrace, which only provides me 1 revenge attempt to his 3 attacks.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm

nocturnalbamf wrote:Its not that I want more protection, I just want to be able to retrace him or find him on the map and wait for that 3 hour reset so I can do something on my own.
Aye, in your particular case, you're needing other players to have less protection, as mentioned second in the list. My point is that there's a balance between players asking for both more and less protection than the 3 hours currently available, as well as pointing out that the current online protection is indeed 3 hours, and not available 24/7.
nocturnalbamf wrote:My network is pretty legit, if I screen cap my security log, you would see they are the main visitor and the rare occassion someone else visits, they don't succeed.
My network logs are pretty similar too (shoutout to Zeitweilig and Sengshung - go easy guys!)

Stronger networks have a higher concentration of the same attacker because the networks in question are pretty tough. Weaker networks have a wider variety of attackers who succeed, which enables the shield protecting your network against successive searches, preventing the same player from attacking: with weak networks it's first come, first served.

Stronger networks however go for longer periods of time without attackers, and tend to have the same attackers showing up, simply because weaker attackers can't overcome the network in the first place, and players who try and fail usually don't hit a win condition, thus not triggering the 3-hour shield.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

crack

Postby crack » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Whoever wrote this post sounds really illogical I would go as far as fairly stupid as well and to top it off rude. He is saying some is on line 24/7 and he could only possible know this if he himself is on 24/7, that's so dumb. Then he uses an analogy of a Mr hawk's who is a disabled person to compare really showing his bad taste as a human being. Lmao come on dude wake up.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

nocturnalbamf

Postby nocturnalbamf » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm not sure where I posted it, but somewhere I said it was confirmed that vedicr3deye was on 24/7. It was not confirmed by admins that this is the case, however by how often I check (at different frequencies of intervals), I can say with confidence that he is somewhere between 22-23/7 active as no matter what time of day I check, he some how is still online.

Return to “BUG REPORTS”