Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
TheIconianCat

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby TheIconianCat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:53 am

i'm sorry for blowing up your forums but i keep thinking of ideas and ways to explain my ideas better....

is it possible to add a shield system for when you get hacked so you cant get spam hacked in the middle of the night? for example in clash of clans when someone gets a certain percent of your village a shield is activated. so lets say for every completed section of the network taken. (resources, core and total nodes) or percentage of a completed section you gain a shield. so if someone takes your core completely or your resources you gain 8 hours of protection and if they take two sections you gain 8 hours then 6 hours so its a 14 hour shield. and if they Ace your network its an 18 hour shield. this would prevent the endless spam of hacks i'm seeing people complain about especially on higher levels. i'm currently at core level 6 at level 23 and already experiencing this problem. i see a pool of about 50 people when i go to the map and yes i'm aware of the small player pool. so instead of changing an algorithm for searching change the protection system a bit.
Come find me IG and hack me i love a challenge for defending my network :D 8-)

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:42 am

TheIconianCat wrote:i'm sorry for blowing up your forums but i keep thinking of ideas and ways to explain my ideas better....

is it possible to add a shield system for when you get hacked so you cant get spam hacked in the middle of the night? for example in clash of clans when someone gets a certain percent of your village a shield is activated. so lets say for every completed section of the network taken. (resources, core and total nodes) or percentage of a completed section you gain a shield. so if someone takes your core completely or your resources you gain 8 hours of protection and if they take two sections you gain 8 hours then 6 hours so its a 14 hour shield. and if they Ace your network its an 18 hour shield. this would prevent the endless spam of hacks i'm seeing people complain about especially on higher levels. i'm currently at core level 6 at level 23 and already experiencing this problem. i see a pool of about 50 people when i go to the map and yes i'm aware of the small player pool. so instead of changing an algorithm for searching change the protection system a bit.

Not good for current amount of players. Need more player base first. Putting up auto-shield will render nobody can be attacked within 1 or 2 days. Game will be dead slowly because not all players can attack anymore.

TheIconianCat

Postby TheIconianCat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:13 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:
TheIconianCat wrote:i'm sorry for blowing up your forums but i keep thinking of ideas and ways to explain my ideas better....

Not good for current amount of players. Need more player base first. Putting up auto-shield will render nobody can be attacked within 1 or 2 days. Game will be dead slowly because not all players can attack anymore.

that's true i hadn't thought about that... thank you for pointing that out i hadn't considered what would happen to the player pool on a large scale with auto shield.

Kelvin

Postby Kelvin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 am

Possible introduce of looting safety threshold?
Currently we can loot 30% of all resource. Should we introduce a safety threshold which can keep a certain percent of maximum storage un-loot-able?
e.g. A 8lv B-Coin Mixer can store 8000B (and many nodes and program needs nearly full storage to upgrade). If 30% safety threshold is introduced, 2400B will be always safe from hackers. And to balance the amount of looting, the loot percent over the threshold can also increase, may be up to 45%.

Code: Select all

maximum storage | current resource  | loot resource | remaining resource | safety threshold
Current
8000B           | 8000B             | 2400B         | 5600B              | 0B
8000B           | 4000B             | 1200B         | 2800B              | 0B
After adding 30% safety and 45% loot
8000B           | 8000B             | 2520B         | 5480B              | 2400B
8000B           | 4000B             | 720B          | 3280B              | 2400B

The percentage or formula can be adjusted but it makes farming resource for upgrade easier. And also a side effect, less necessary for players to keep always online as there is a safety net to keep their resource safe.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 am

Kelvin wrote:Possible introduce of looting safety threshold?
Currently we can loot 30% of all resource. Should we introduce a safety threshold which can keep a certain percent of maximum storage un-loot-able?
e.g. A 8lv B-Coin Mixer can store 8000B (and many nodes and program needs nearly full storage to upgrade). If 30% safety threshold is introduced, 2400B will be always safe from hackers. And to balance the amount of looting, the loot percent over the threshold can also increase, may be up to 45%.

maximum storage | current resource  | loot resource | remaining resource | safety threshold
Current
8000B           | 8000B             | 2520B         | 5480B              | 2400B
8000B           | 4000B             | 720B          | 3280B              | 2400B

The percentage or formula can be adjusted but it makes farming resource for upgrade easier. And also a side effect, less necessary for players to keep always online as there is a safety net to keep their resource safe.

Oho, this could solve the problem of repeated hacking on same account multiple times :D you can still attack them for rep but if their resources got too low, you just can't loot the resources anymore!

TheIconianCat

Postby TheIconianCat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:23 am

Kelvin wrote:Possible introduce of looting safety threshold?

Current

this actually looks like a really good idea. but they would need to add victory bonuses or the next problem is the incentive to hack.....

90skushkid

Postby 90skushkid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:26 am

*inserts quick idea :idea: * it would be dope if theres an option to hide the selection tabs on your home screen so we can take screenshote of our own networks without anything else in the way like money tab b coin tab build tab etc. i think it would be dope and increase the creativity and individuality of each player.

i love making new designs just to take a screenshot because the visualization in this game is amazing. kudos to the devs. :mrgreen:
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:36 am

TheIconianCat wrote:
this actually looks like a really good idea. but they would need to add victory bonuses or the next problem is the incentive to hack.....

Why would they lose the incentive to hack..? The $ and B-coins will regenerate automatically over-time and so they can hack that same account again, right? I don't think people can re-hack that fast to the point of every account has only minimum deposits xD

Or maybe, on top of having 3 hours maxed connection in-game, add a limit to how many times you can hack before your safety margin of can't-be-hacked-whilst-online is gone, then add 10~20 mins delay in which you become vulnerable to get hacked even if you relog and online? (you still can keep hacking others in that delay, but risking of being hacked mid-battle and lose)

That way, even when you rack up so much $ and B-coins, others can get their revenge once the delay is put on (assuming the resources not used yet) and get their resources back.

By the way is it just me or there's no notification when you got hacked?

Silken

Postby Silken » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:28 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:
Oho, this could solve the problem of repeated hacking on same account multiple times :D you can still attack them for rep but if their resources got too low, you just can't loot the resources anymore!

Actually it wouldn't. All thresholds do is reduce the amount of rewards. But it would do so for everyone. The Net affect is that the average reward would fall. But you would still be attacking the same people. By that I mean - generally i attack people with 40k+ gold. If a threshold was included this average would go down, but it would go down on all bases. So I would end up attacking 30+ gold bases. Which would still be the same people.

Last night I went to bed with 400k Gold and 4k - Coin just sitting there. So rewards of 120k and 1.2 B-Coin. 7 people attacked me in 6 hours. All of them failed to take any resources. But lets look at what would happen if they were successful.

400k - 30% = 280k left - reward would be 120k
280k - 30% = 196k left - reward would be 84k
196k - 30% = 137k left - reward would be 59k
137k - 30% = 95k left - reward would be 42k
95k - 30% = 66k left - reward would be 29k
66k - 30% = 46k left - reward would be 20k
46k - 30% = 32k left - reward would be 14k

It's still attractive to attack me down to the 5th or 6th attack for someone of my level. So if the attacks were successful I would have been left with 10%-15% of my resources in 6 hours.

That's really harsh. We need successful hack protection shields of about 2-3 hrs.

But the problem is with the size of the player base at the moment. If you take into account the people who stay logged on all the time, then add on protection shields, I seriously wonder who would be left to attack. Which is probably why we haven't got protection shields yet.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am

Silken wrote:
Actually it wouldn't. All thresholds do is reduce the amount of rewards. But it would do so for everyone. The Net affect is that the average reward would fall. But you would still be attacking the same people. By that I mean - generally i attack people with 40k+ gold. If a threshold was included this average would go down, but it would go down on all bases. So I would end up attacking 30+ gold bases. Which would still be the same people.

Last night I went to bed with 400k Gold and 4k - Coin just sitting there. So rewards of 120k and 1.2 B-Coin. 7 people attacked me in 6 hours. All of them failed to take any resources. But lets look at what would happen if they were successful.

400k - 30% = 280k left - reward would be 120k
280k - 30% = 196k left - reward would be 84k
196k - 30% = 137k left - reward would be 59k
137k - 30% = 95k left - reward would be 42k
95k - 30% = 66k left - reward would be 29k
66k - 30% = 46k left - reward would be 20k
46k - 30% = 32k left reward would be 14k

It's still attractive to attack me down to the 5th or 6th attack for someone of my level. So if the attacks were successful I would have been left with 10%-15% of my resources in 6 hours.

That's really harsh. We need successful hack protection shields of about 2-3 hrs.

But the problem is with the size of the player base at the moment. If you take into account the people who stay logged on all the time, then add on protection shields, I seriously wonder who would be left to attack. Which is probably why we haven't got protection shields yet.

Oooh I think I misunderstood your post then?

I thought you meant there will be untouchable value that can never go down anymore, like;

I have $ 200k and have a safety margin of $ 50k, then the lowest amount I can have left over from being hacked again and again would be $ 50k, no matter how much people keep hacking me.

I thought that was an awesome idea since it's basically still like having a "shield", where instead of preventing people to hack, it just make them lost motivation to hack you and look for others. (although whether it would work or not now I myself not sure..)

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”