My new layout for my core!!

Best strategies of building your network

Advice poll (comment pro and con still tho) [Each choice is coupled choose one from each two]

Tight network
9%
Expanded network
9%
Tight security node placement
18%
Spread security node placement
5%
Keep core and resources as far as possible from net connections
14%
Keep core and resources near Net connections
5%
Keep code gates vulnerable(connected to two nodes)
9%
Keep code gates invulnerable(connected to one node with a weaker firewall)
18%
Upgrade security nodes first
9%
Upgrade business nodes + evolved and compiler first
5%

Total votes: 22

NeonPhoenix0101

My new layout for my core!!

Postby NeonPhoenix0101 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:46 am

Uhh, my layout changed just 12 hours ago. :lol:

So please, another comment with the review of my layout in the form of pro and con.

And also, give me some advice for more re-editing.
Attachments
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG (67.35 KiB) Viewed 308 times

570RM

Re: My new layout for my core!!

Postby 570RM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello NeonPhoeix!
I have to say, for a player who is at Level 17, your base is pretty strong! The placements are really good, and there is hardly anything that I would change. There are some points that would be good to change, but its just minor stuff that would be super useful for defence. You dont have to do these, as they are just suggestions :)

1.) Core Location
The core is in a good spot, but you may wish to move it away from your storage's. This may seem like a good idea, but when the Kracken gets used, they can slice to your network and get access to your core and currency. You may want to move your core more twords the front, and have your scanner able to detect anyone who trys to stealth hack you.

2.) Sentry-Code Gate Positioning
Although it may seem like a good idea, you will want to get your sentries separated. Have one in the other side, so that you still can spread the anti-virus to other nodes if the first is down. Also, if your code gate has 2 sentries attached to it, there is 8-program slots that can destroy it. But, good job on placing the higher leveled one up front.

3.)Scanner Postion
So, it may seem like a good idea to have the netConnection directly on your scanner. But, for more effective stealth detection. If you move it further away (with the exeption of the connections still being in range of the scanner), you can detect people much more quickly and avoid a stealth attack (but it's highly unlikely due to the codegates filter).

So, feel free to try these out, I find that they have greatly benefited my network, and have had little sucessful attacks from people.
Happy Hacking!
570RM ;)
Computer language design is just like a stroll in the park. Jurassic Park, that is.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 am

I would move your gate towards the front where it is more useful in stealth. And have 3 security nodes attacking that scanner. If You had one more scanner you could focus on upgrading one scanner while using the other one as a tight chokepoint. I wouldnt need a second sentry since your network is rather small. Use it for another node thats more useful. But I wouldnt have 2 resource mines of each. I have only 1 of each which is enough for spare money and bcoins if I were to go broke by accident. Upgrading black ice is beneficial on the long run. Prioritize your sentry amd scanner as main priorities. Have that sentry maxed to what the game will allow it to at the current core level. Having a high level sentry is significantly beneficial in defending your network

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:15 pm

I don't understand the poll... Lol.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.4k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:https://youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage