Always losing

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Yetti777

Always losing

Postby Yetti777 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:26 am

So no matter what strategy I use or programs I use I always fail my hacks. Seems like everyone is using a snake style build with all the good stuff at the end. No matter what I try I run out of time and get "hack failed". I'm starting not to like this game anymore.

Luminaar

Re: Always losing

Postby Luminaar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Yetti777 wrote:So no matter what strategy I use or programs I use I always fail my hacks. Seems like everyone is using a snake style build with all the good stuff at the end. No matter what I try I run out of time and get "hack failed". I'm starting not to like this game anymore.
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your hacks. Snake-style networks do have some substantial benefits against early brute force attacks, as detailed in the Wiki article here - every network design has their strengths and weaknesses!

Self-replicating programs such as Worms and Krakens can be especially good against Snake networks, as they tend to concentrate less on defending individual points, and more on making you spend additional programs - something with is in very limited supply during the earlier levels!

As for general advice, ICE Walls can be really useful against these types of networks, due to the network defensive pressure being split over the entire network rather than focussed on a single point.

For more real-time advice however, have a chat with the kind folks over on Discord - they'll be sure to get you headed in the right direction. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.