Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby Luminaar » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:How about: A way to degrade programs, but with a price.
With a full program reset, there's the potential for players to get themselves into a position where their programs are no longer strong enough to complete a hack, effectively stunting their own ability to progress.

Downgrading a program one step at a time as suggested however, is far more preferable than "resetting" a program to start at Level 1. :) There are possibly other reasons which prevent this from being implemented, similar to why you can't rollback node levels etc, but I'll append this to the current program-related ideas.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Luminaar wrote:
HCX - DReaD wrote:How about: A way to degrade programs, but with a price.
With a full program reset, there's the potential for players to get themselves into a position where their programs are no longer strong enough to complete a hack, effectively stunting their own ability to progress.

Downgrading a program one step at a time as suggested however, is far more preferable than "resetting" a program to start at Level 1. :) There are possibly other reasons which prevent this from being implemented, similar to why you can't rollback node levels etc, but I'll append this to the current program-related ideas.

Thank you :)
Even though this does give a leeway for players to be meta builder, but in the end everyone would probably max out everything anyway xD

CodeWritten

New Suggestion: Offline mode

Postby CodeWritten » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:30 pm

So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion
Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks to luminaar for moving my suggestion to the right category

CodeWritten

Re: New Suggestion: Offline mode

Postby CodeWritten » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 am

CodeWritten wrote:So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion

Btw I think this would be good for killing time. I've always wanted to attack a minmaxed base with level one programs

minhducsun2002

Postby minhducsun2002 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm

CodeWritten wrote:
CodeWritten wrote:So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion

Btw I think this would be good for killing time. I've always wanted to attack a minmaxed base with level one programs

Simplified, this equals to a Sandbox mode where you can use any programs at any levels, to attack a custom network with unlimited customizable nodes.
Very fit for testing in-game logic, like program overwriting priority.

However, this poses a risk - you can replicate bases and test them before really attacking - which is sooooo unfair since your reputation can be bulletproof against failing hacks.
[111um1n4 - 61ph3r]
In game as

Code: Select all

CipherAllies1123

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm

minhducsun2002 wrote:
CodeWritten wrote:

Simplified, this equals to a Sandbox mode where you can use any programs at any levels, to attack a custom network with unlimited customizable nodes.
Very fit for testing in-game logic, like program overwriting priority.

However, this poses a risk - you can replicate bases and test them before really attacking - which is sooooo unfair since your reputation can be bulletproof against failing hacks.

Not really as you cannot tell the level of nodes I.E Turrets.

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 am

Another suggestion
Ergo Dark should be available to all, for free. Some people play Ergo in the dark and Ergo White will hurt their eyes.

570RM

Postby 570RM » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 pm

So this game has been out for quite a while now, with A.I nodes being incorporated into the game as well as core 13 (thanks for this too!). The game is at a really good stage right now, and I feel there is a really good balance with the Buisness, Security, and Hacking nodes. I also have enjoyed greatly the cool backgrounds you can purchase with credits (would advise newer players to get ALL 5 building threads, as upgrade times can take a lifetime without them :?). The global and country chats are also a cool idea, but I do think that there can be some things added to this amazing game:
1.) Group "clans"
- This would be a cool touch for the game, as hacking groups can get together and help each other with base layouts. There is a downside with this tho, as you would get OP clans, but that may not be avoidable with anygame...
2.) Redusing background costs
- Like I said before, I definitely enjoy the backgrounds available in Hackers. The only problem is that they generally cost alot to purchase, sometimes taking real money if you dont want to wait. If you were to reduse the price by like 25% or somthing, it could be a little more affordable for everyone

Thanks for taking the time to read my (limited) recommendations! Means alot :D
Best of luck,
Storm ;)
Computer language design is just like a stroll in the park. Jurassic Park, that is.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm

I would say that as of now. There should be a struggle in hacking very high level players. For example stealth. It seems that a scanner. Although helpful. Going against a max user. It should be more effective at detection rates. Having the squid doesnt really fix the problem. Unless a passive ability is given to the squid. As of now it's a dumb AI which is more of a waste of space. Black ice is a underated node for various reasons. It has a small significant firewall difference from a turret and has a very long charge time. Which gives attackers time to capture it without worry. My suggestion is reducing attack time while buffing its strength. Remember that the multiplier is still in effect. So if reduced to 3 seconds. It loses some of its power. Now I have heard about no charge time. And it becoming a super turret. Dont forget you'll take away its damage multiplier. Its not a huge buff. Its more of a nerf to it since it will deal normal damage as a turret. Now if it maintained its 3.5 multiplier then yeah that be insane. Kraken is too over powered. Its too much damage and compared to other nodes. Its far off its balance. Ice wall needs to be cheaper. Its too expensive past level 7. I would understand if it had a passive ablity but a protector would be better than using over 1000 bcoins on just 5 ice walls. There could be a better way of making prgrams more flexible. As in expanding it. Having 9 net connectors instead of the 8 would help with stealth. (A stealth use maxed can take 4 gates out and still take out many nodes. Or even portal) And it will allow for a more diverse network with different chokepoints. Sentry could use a buff but not too large. Having it 140 wouldnt hurt the game. Hawk isnt a bother when you have high level programs but thats for higher level networks. Low level networks it would deoend and can be expiremented with..

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”